ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Chris Mack

Fire Chris Mack?

• Yes

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters
Back to the OP’s topic, zipp is the only Louisville fan that would like to see Mack leave. Since the OP is a kitty fan, a week and a half ago your fans were growing tired of Calipari . Now he’s back to being your god again.

Back to the OP’s topic, zipp is the only Louisville fan that would like to see Mack leave. Since the OP is a kitty fan, a week and a half ago your fans were growing tired of Calipari . Now he’s back to being your god again.
Who were you in an avatar bet with? Laughing

Reactions: rockycard
Every year. Hate him in Nov/Dec/....Worship him come Jan-March. You'd think after 10 years, they'd be use to this. Tell ya what---I do not envy the coach who replaces him.

It’ll probably be Archie Miller.
giphy.gif

Lol. I can assure you I’m not the only one who believes that there’s programs out there that are bigger and better than Indiana.
Ok, Schooner...For you, I'll bite. Indiana's a Top 5 job. It offers just as much, if not more than any school. The perception of IU and its "job status" is blurred because of its lack of success the past 20 years. That's not due to being a bad job. That's due to bad hires. Butler has been much better than IU the past 10 years or so. Do you think Butler is a better job?
I'd be willing to bet any amount of $$$ that Miller wouldn't leave IU for UK, UNC, Duke or Kansas, if he wins big at IU. For example. Say Arch wins a title, goes to a few FF's in the next 5-6 seasons. You think he'd leave tht type of winning, to go start over at a KU, UNC, etc, etc...? I mean sure, he'd leave if he done this at a Wichita State, etc, etc...type of school. But not at Indiana. IU's not a stepping stone job. As much as you want that to be true...Its just not.

There...I bit. You happy now?:D

Ok, Schooner...For you, I'll bite. Indiana's a Top 5 job. It offers just as much, if not more than any school. The perception of IU and its "job status" is blurred because of its lack of success the past 20 years. That's not due to being a bad job. That's due to bad hires. Butler has been much better than IU the past 10 years or so. Do you think Butler is a better job?
I'd be willing to bet any amount of $$$ that Miller wouldn't leave IU for UK, UNC, Duke or Kansas, if he wins big at IU. For example. Say Arch wins a title, goes to a few FF's in the next 5-6 seasons. You think he'd leave tht type of winning, to go start over at a KU, UNC, etc, etc...? I mean sure, he'd leave if he done this at a Wichita State, etc, etc...type of school. But not at Indiana. IU's not a stepping stone job. As much as you want that to be true...Its just not.

Indiana might be a top 5 job but Kentucky is a top 2 job. UK will probably be aiming higher than Miller anyway but they'd have a good shot at him if they wanted him. That's not a knock on IU either.

Yes I’m happy.

Still though, Indiana is a tier lower than a few other schools. If those jobs become open and they call you have to consider it because it’s an upgrade.

Archie has potential, but he hasn't proven to be elite just yet. The suicide rate would go up drastically in Indiana if that happened lol. I just don't see UK going after an IU coach, ever....

I can see K, Roy and Self being the 3 headed coaching monster at UK when Cal leaves. Throw in Mack for an assistant job.... It will be unprecedented in the history of college sports....

Indiana might be a top 5 job but Kentucky is a top 2 job. UK will probably be aiming higher than Miller anyway but they'd have a good shot at him if they wanted him. That's not a knock on IU either.
I agree...somewhat. But my thing is this---Coaches don't leave UK, IU, UNC, KU, etc, etc...for other jobs. Even if that other job is a UK, UNC, etc, etc...Yes I know Roy left KU to go to UNC. But that's an outlier. UNC was his alma mater. Plus he was an assistant there for 10 years. So to me, that isn't a good example. If Miller wins big at IU, that's where he will remain. I'd say the same if he were coaching at UK, UNC, KU, etc, etc....Coaches don't leave Top 5 jobs, for another Top 5 job.

Archie has potential, but he hasn't proven to be elite just yet. The suicide rate would go up drastically in Indiana if that happened lol. I just don't see UK going after an IU coach, ever....

I can see K, Roy and Self being the 3 headed coaching monster at UK when Cal leaves. Throw in Mack for an assistant job.... It will be unprecedented in the history of college sports....
That can be said basically about any job as pristine as a UK, UNC, Duke, etc, etc...It just doesn't happen. There's a reason for it. Its b/c those jobs are as good as the job you would be taking. UNC offers no more than IU, UK, Duke or Kansas. UK offers no more than Duke, UNC, KU or IU. Not job wise. Plus it would be a huge risk. Say Miller wins big at Indiana. Then gets swooned by Kansas. Goes to KU, and falters. Ok. Now what? His days at an elite place like a UK, Duke, IU, etc,...are done. He would be regulated to a job like Purdue.:D

Yes I’m happy.

Still though, Indiana is a tier lower than a few other schools. If those jobs become open and they call you have to consider it because it’s an upgrade.
Ok,. I'll bite again. How is Kansas an upgrade from Indiana? Fan base? Money? Conference? TV exposure? Facilities? Recruiting grounds? See Schooner you are basing your argument on wins and losses. Sorry that doesn't define "better job". If so, then you believe Gonzaga is a better job than IU?
Job status to me involves a ton more than winning/losing. What type of resources do you have? Facilities? Recruiting abilities? Fan support? Tradition? Winning and losing comes with who you hire. A bad hire can bring the best of any program to its knees. See UNC and UK. Two jobs that are as coveted as any---in any sport. yet both made terrible hires...and both suffered big time from it.

Yes I’m happy.

Borden thinks it's 1985 I guess How is IU a top 5 job when they haven't been a regular in the Top 10 in years.

Ok,. I'll bite again. How is Kansas an upgrade from Indiana? Fan base? Money? Conference? TV exposure? Facilities? Recruiting grounds? See Schooner you are basing your argument on wins and losses. Sorry that doesn't define "better job". If so, then you believe Gonzaga is a better job than IU?
Job status to me involves a ton more than winning/losing. What type of resources do you have? Facilities? Recruiting abilities? Fan support? Tradition? Winning and losing comes with who you hire. A bad hire can bring the best of any program to its knees. See UNC and UK. Two jobs that are as coveted as any---in any sport. yet both made terrible hires...and both suffered big time from it.
All of those things are done well at several schools, like you’ve said before. Kansas being one of them so they aren’t even worth mentioning.

You’re underestimating success in the actual sport here. Indiana has barely been above average for 25 years. That’s a long time. Do you still think Notre Dame is as elite of a job as other blue blood schools? Most people don’t because they haven’t been elite since the 1990’s. They’ve gone down a tier in prestige just like Indiana basketball.

It’s nothing to get defensive over, Borden. Indiana is still a good job. There’s just a small handful of jobs out there that are better right now.

Borden thinks it's 1985 I guess How is IU a top 5 job when they haven't been a regular in the Top 10 in years.
It has noting to do with winning/losing. That's just a small part of it. A part that blinds to many people. UK was awful under BCG. Did those two years make UK a bad job? Sutton was a meh, to a somewhat bad hire. So duiring thoe 6 years of meh, make UK a bad job? UNC was awful under Matt. Did that make it a bad job?

There's not any job that offers what IU cannot offer. Its just finding the right coach who can take advantage of those amenities offer. Unfortunately, IU has sucked at doing so.

It has noting to do with winning/losing. That's just a small part of it. A part that blinds to many people. UK was awful under BCG. Did those two years make UK a bad job? Sutton was a meh, to a somewhat bad hire. So duiring thoe 6 years of meh, make UK a bad job? UNC was awful under Matt. Did that make it a bad job?

There's not any job that offers what IU cannot offer. Its just finding the right coach who can take advantage of those amenities offer. Unfortunately, IU has sucked at doing so.
It's crazy how Gillispie and Sutton couldn't handle the Kentucky Bourbon. Where were they from?

IU is one of those jobs that has tradition, resources, and a recruiting base. It'll always be a top job.

All of those things are done well at several schools, like you’ve said before. Kansas being one of them so they aren’t even worth mentioning.

You’re underestimating success in the actual sport here. Indiana has barely been above average for 25 years. That’s a long time. Do you still think Notre Dame is as elite of a job as other blue blood schools? Most people don’t because they haven’t been elite since the 1990’s. They’ve gone down a tier in prestige just like Indiana basketball.

It’s nothing to get defensive over, Borden. Indiana is still a good job. There’s just a small handful of jobs out there that are better right now.
Several schools? Several schools can offer the tradition, facilities, fan base, recruiting base, money, TV exposure, that IU can? Really? Aside from UK, Duke, UNC and Kansas, name me the other several schools that can? What other several schools have the brand that IU does? What other several schools have 5 national titles? Two HOF coaches? A fan base as passionate as IU? The money IU has? The exposure IU offers?

And yes, I think ND is still a Top job. Only a fool blinded by the notion that wins/losses is the sole definition of a good job, would feel otherwise.

I mean do you think UCF is a better job opportunity than ND?

You are taking one aspect of a job, and putting all the emphasis on that aspect. That's just silly.

Several schools? Several schools can offer the tradition, facilities, fan base, recruiting base, money, TV exposure, that IU can? Really? Aside from UK, Duke, UNC and Kansas, name me the other several schools that can? What other several schools have the brand that IU does? What other several schools have 5 national titles? Two HOF coaches? A fan base as passionate as IU? The money IU has? The exposure IU offers?

And yes, I think ND is still a Top job. Only a fool blinded by the notion that wins/losses is the sole definition of a good job, would feel otherwise.

I mean do you think UCF is a better job opportunity than ND?

You are taking one aspect of a job, and putting all the emphasis on that aspect. That's just silly.
You listed 4 schools. That would be several schools. Indiana is just a notch below them. That means they’re a good program. Don’t get so defensive.

Notre Dame is a top job. But it’s no Alabama or Ohio State kind of job anymore. It used to be but it’s not anymore. Just like the Indiana job used to be better than it is now. The resources are there but the results have been disappointing. That counts.

I wonder if Knight would have retired by now if he still coached at IU? (Roy has a contract to age 78, Knight is now 78).

I think about all the coaches IU has went through since him and wonder if they're better off?

You listed 4 schools. That would be several schools. Indiana is just a notch below them. That means they’re a good program. Don’t get so defensive.

Notre Dame is a top job. But it’s no Alabama or Ohio State kind of job anymore. It used to be but it’s not anymore. Just like the Indiana job used to be better than it is now. The resources are there but the results have been disappointing. That counts.
Not defensive. I just think your take is stupid. Several schools to me is much more than UK, Duke, KU or UNC. Not to mention, those jobs not offering a coach anything that IU cannot. For some reason, you are having a hard time understanding this. You act as if Bill Self couldn't win at IU, like he has at Kansas. That is just stupid. Only thing Self couldn't do is win 404 straight conference titles at Indiana. You are suggesting that coaches like Self, Roy, Cal or K, couldn't have the same success at Indiana, as hey have enjoyed at their respective schools. That's just silly, man. Its all about hiring the right guy. IU has failed miserably at this. For years, Indiana had an administration that to be quite blunt, was tired of seeing the basketball program overshadowed the University. The right hire wasn't important. Then they saw the light...But it was too late. So they panicked, and hired Sampson. A great coach. But an atrocious hire. A hire that set the program back another 10 years.
Had IU gotten this right after Knight, this wouldn't even be a topic.

ADVERTISEMENT