Votes: 43 72.9%
  • South

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Midwest

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • West

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters
See, this is what you guys do. Instead of explaining the differences, you come out with this tired old bullshit.
Purdue plays exactly the same and 6 out of your top 7 players are the same as they were last year.
I'll ask again, what is so different between Purdue 2023 and Purdue 2024?
yea but it's comments like the one you just wrote which is so stupid and ignorant that the only proper way to respond is to insult your intelligence. Some things are too stupid to respond to any other way.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
well, they didn't add Steph Curry but they did replace their inconsistent and worn down freshman starting PG with a honorable mention AA starting PG. YOu don't think that's a big deal???
It's a 6ppg upgrade, but they're making it sound like Purdue is a completely different team. They play exactly the same style and they have 1 player in their top 7 that was not on the squad last year. How is that "completely different"?

Last edited:
  • Haha
yea but it's comments like the one you just wrote which is so stupid and ignorant that the only proper way to respond is to insult your intelligence. Some things are too stupid to respond to any other way.
What is so wrong with what I said?
Are 6 out of the top 7 player NOT different?
Is the playing style different?

Tell me what is wrong with what I asked?

Nope. I said I watched them play during the B12 season. I should be more careful with my wording. I think they're good, just not as good as they're being hyped.

The B10 top of the league was as good as any other this year. The top 4 teams were all in the KenPom top 20. The B12 (as a whole) is overrated this year. The top few teams are good, but even you have to admit that it's not what it usually is. Especially Kansas. Not saying Kansas is bad. Just that they aren't as good as they typically are.

The top 4 are as good as any? That's a pretty big stretch. Nebraska and Northwestern tied for third. Regardless, it's not like Purdue is playing one of the top four teams every night. There are a bunch of bad/mediocre teams in that league. And when's the last time the Big 10 did well in the tourney?

KU may not have a vintage team this season, but they've still proven they can beat anybody when healthy. How healthy they are remains to be seen. But the fact that they struggled in the Big 12 after beating UConn, Tenn and Kentucky in the non-con should tell you something about the strength of the league.

As a whole, the Big 12 may not have proven a lot in the non-con, but they've proven plenty in recent years. Anyone reasonable knew that adding Houston to what was already considered the top league would probably result in a pretty good conference. I suppose you'd think they're less overrated if they'd played more good teams and lost to them, like other leagues?

They played:

Tennessee
Marquette
Arizona
Alabama
Gonzaga

Name me another top team that had an equally challenging OOC schedule.

Not to mention

Samford
Morehead St

Who are also tournament teams before conference play.

Okay....so they played a handful of solid teams in OOC and a handful in league play. Not sure how that adds up to by far the toughest schedule. The computers don't agree either.

Reactions: LeroyOU12
by his logic, if we don't buy Purdue as a #1 seed...we don't know shit about CBB. He sounds like CBB evolves around Purdue. Pretty comical and short sighted.
That's what I'm saying. We all know Purdue is really good, but they just got beat by a 16 seed with essentially the same team and the exact same style of play and that’s after losing to a 15 seed and a 13 seed.
Purdue has put themselves in the same boat as UK, which is the, you're-gonna-have-to-prove-it boat.
They had a good season this year, but they had really good seasons in 2022 and 2023 too and both ended with historic losses.

See, this is what you guys do. Instead of explaining the differences, you come out with this tired old bullshit.
Purdue plays exactly the same and 6 out of your top 7 players are the same as they were last year.
I'll ask again, what is so different between Purdue 2023 and Purdue 2024?
OK, how is this:

• Purdue is currently 2nd nationally in 3P%. Last year, Purdue ended the season 276th. That right there should be enough but I'll keep going
  • Purdue's starting backcourt last year were both true freshman and both wore down and were banged up the final month of the season.
  • Additionally, Mason Gillis, who is Purdue's best 3P shooter this year, had a back issue last year and it severely impacted his ability. His 3P shooting was 41.4% as a soph, 35.6% last year and 48.1% this season.
  • Because of the above, Purdue limped into the tourney last year. Over the last had the 30th ranked efficiency (so essentially an 8 seed) and shot 28.6% from three.
  • Purdue's defense on the perimeter was a major issue last year so Painter went out and got Lance Jones, who was an All-MVC defender while also contributing 14 ppg and leading the MVC in steals
  • Last year, Purdue didn't have a single player shoot better than 37.6% from three. This year, Purdue has 5 guys (6 if you count Edey's 2 attempts) shooting 43.9% or better.
  • Purdue's losses from last year were David Jenkins, who was ok at 35% from three but a minus defender and Brandon Newman, who struggled in limited minutes and shot 31% from three.
  • In addition to Jones, Purdue has added rotation guys Camden Heide (4 star from Minnesota and shooting 47% from three) and Myles Colvin (4 star from Indiana and shooting 45% from three)

There is a ton that is different. And none of the above even talks about Edey, who move much more fluidly and just made the B1G All-defensive team after being a minus defender earlier in his career.

Now, none of that is a guarantee that Purdue will make a deep run. But I hope like hell whoever we play does what FDU did and triple team Edey and make our perimeter players beat them. The teams that have tried that this year have been run off the court.

What is so wrong with what I said?
Are 6 out of the top 7 player NOT different?
Is the playing style different?

Tell me what is wrong with what I asked?
It's wrong because they're vastly different because all their players are a year older, wiser and better developed. And their starting PG is an honorable mention AA whereas last year at this time he was running on fumes.

You are completely ignoring player development and just saying "they've got 6 of the same players back" as a reason they are the same team.

It's an idiotic stance to have and completely ignorant.

That's what I'm saying. We all know Purdue is really good, but they just got beat by a 16 seed with essentially the same team and the exact same style of play and that’s after losing to a 15 seed and a 13 seed.
Purdue has put themselves in the same boat as UK, which is the, you're-gonna-have-to-prove-it boat.
They had a good season this year, but they had really good seasons in 2022 and 2023 too and both ended with historic losses.

You've argued that Kentucky and others are completely different teams than they were a few months ago. You can't make that argument while saying that Purdue's players aren't any better than they were a full year ago. Especially their freshman backcourt.

Speaking of UK. Cal always has tons of NBA talent and one-and-done on his teams. Many of them in the past were playing for themselves instead of as a team. This team is the first since 2014-2015 team that Cal gets them to play together as a team, but their issue is defense. They average around 90 points a game, but their opponents also scored as much.

UK is a dangerous team and can go far in the tourney if UK can find some defense.

Okay....so they played a handful of solid teams in OOC and a handful in league play. Not sure how that adds up to by far the toughest schedule. The computers don't agree either.
It's not the toughest schedule. But it is top 5 according to the metrics. And not sure if still true but as of last week, Purdue had the most wins (11) and games (12) against the NET top 25.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
You've argued that Kentucky and others are completely different teams than they were a few months ago. You can't make that argument while saying that Purdue's players aren't any better than they were a full year ago. Especially their freshman backcourt.
No one contradicts himself more on this board than that dude. And it's clear he only watches the SEC. Hell, last week, he was talking up Vandy and saying Nebraska was ass.

OK, how is this:

• Purdue is currently 2nd nationally in 3P%. Last year, Purdue ended the season 276th. That right there should be enough but I'll keep going
  • Purdue's starting backcourt last year were both true freshman and both wore down and were banged up the final month of the season.
  • Additionally, Mason Gillis, who is Purdue's best 3P shooter this year, had a back issue last year and it severely impacted his ability. His 3P shooting was 41.4% as a soph, 35.6% last year and 48.1% this season.
  • Because of the above, Purdue limped into the tourney last year. Over the last had the 30th ranked efficiency (so essentially an 8 seed) and shot 28.6% from three.
  • Purdue's defense on the perimeter was a major issue last year so Painter went out and got Lance Jones, who was an All-MVC defender while also contributing 14 ppg and leading the MVC in steals
  • Last year, Purdue didn't have a single player shoot better than 37.6% from three. This year, Purdue has 5 guys (6 if you count Edey's 2 attempts) shooting 43.9% or better.
  • Purdue's losses from last year were David Jenkins, who was ok at 35% from three but a minus defender and Brandon Newman, who struggled in limited minutes and shot 31% from three.
  • In addition to Jones, Purdue has added rotation guys Camden Heide (4 star from Minnesota and shooting 47% from three) and Myles Colvin (4 star from Indiana and shooting 45% from three)

There is a ton that is different. And none of the above even talks about Edey, who move much more fluidly and just made the B1G All-defensive team after being a minus defender earlier in his career.

Now, none of that is a guarantee that Purdue will make a deep run. But I hope like hell whoever we play does what FDU did and triple team Edey and make our perimeter players beat them. The teams that have tried that this year have been run off the court.
But you can't blame people for looking at Purdue as at least close to the same as last year. The personnel is very close with the exception of 1 in your top 7 rotation and the style of play is exactly the same.
Every team deals with injuries. UK was injured the last two years, but nobody cares.
Is Purdue better than last year? Hell yeah, but they still rely on 1 guy for most of the offensive production.

Last edited:
I'm not saying they're better or worse, that’s not what the discussion is about.

But you can't blame people for looking at Purdue as at least close to the same as last year. The personnel is very close with the exception of 1 in your top 7 rotation and the style of play is exactly the same.
Every team deals with.injuries. UK was injured the last two years, but nobody cares.
Is Purdue better than last year? Hell yeah, but they still rely on 1 guy for most of the offensive production.
If you are lazy, I'll call you lazy.

It's wrong because they're vastly different because all their players are a year older, wiser and better developed. And their starting PG is an honorable mention AA whereas last year at this time he was running on fumes.

You are completely ignoring player development and just saying "they've got 6 of the same players back" as a reason they are the same team.

It's an idiotic stance to have and completely ignorant.
We’re not talking about player development. Yes, players get better, but the players and style of play are the same.
Heck, Loyer averages fewer ppg this year than he did last year.

6 out of their top 7 players are the same, better, but the same and their style of play is exactly the same.

When the entire game plan is to get Edey the ball in the post, it really doesn't matter if the other guys are a littke better than they were ladt year. If you take Edey.out, Purdue is in trouble.

• Haha
The personnel is very close with the exception of 1 in your top 7 rotation
This isn't even true.

Top 7 minutes last year:

Edey
Smith
Loyer
Morton
Gillis
Furst
Newman

Top 7 minutes this year:

Smith
Edey
Jones
Loyer
Gillis
Kaufmann-Renn
Heide

How many of those names match up? I'll do the math for you since you seem a little slow. It's 4.

No one contradicts himself more on this board than that dude. And it's clear he only watches the SEC. Hell, last week, he was talking up Vandy and saying Nebraska was ass.
Says the guy that is beside himself because people don't trust Purdue.

And I was not pumping up Vanderbilt. They have good guards, that’s it.

Nebraska is a damn 9 seed, you act like they're a 1 seed because they beat Purdue snd they're in the BIG10.

We’re not talking about player development. Yes, players get better, but the players and style of play are the same.
Heck, Loyer averages fewer ppg this year than he did last year.

6 out of their top 7 players are the same, better, but the same and their style of play is exactly the same.

When the entire game plan is to get Edey the ball in the post, it really doesn't matter if the other guys are a littke better than they were ladt year. If you take Edey.out, Purdue is in trouble.
Loyer's scoring average going down is a good thing. Dude is primarily just a shooter and was being asked to do too much last year. He's the 4th leading scorer this year, which is much more befitting his skill set. Just another way Purdue is considerably different than last year.

This isn't even true.

Top 7 minutes last year:

Edey
Smith
Loyer
Morton
Gillis
Furst
Newman

Top 7 minutes this year:

Smith
Edey
Jones
Loyer
Gillis
Kaufmann-Renn
Heide

How many of those names match up? I'll do the math for you since you seem a little slow. It's 4.
Going by ppg:
Edey
Loyer
Smith
Gillis
Newman
Furst
Kauffman Renn

Edey
Smith
Jones
Loyer
Gillis
Kauffman-Renn
Heide
Furst

So, I was off by 1, Heide at 3.1ppg is just above Furst's 2.4. We're splitting hairs.

Again, don't lose to a double digit seed and maybe people will trust Purdue, but y'all have lost to a 13, then a 15, then a 16, so until that changes, dudes aren't going to trust Purdue.

Last edited:
Loyer's scoring average going down is a good thing. Dude is primarily just a shooter and was being asked to do too much last year. He's the 4th leading scorer this year, which is much more befitting his skill set. Just another way Purdue is considerably different than last year.
Cool, he's still one of your main players.

Is your style of play different, or is it the same? Looks exactly the same to me.

Going by ppg:
Edey
Loyer
Smith
Gillis
Newman
Furst
Kauffman Renn

Edey
Smith
Jones
Loyer
Gillis
Kauffman-Renn
Heide
Furst

So, I was off by 1, Heide at 3.1ppg is just above Furst's 2.4. We're splitting hairs.

Again, don't lose to a double digit seed and maybe people will trust Purdue, but y'all have lost to a 13, then a 15, then a 16, so until that changes, dudes aren't going to trust Purdue.
Feel free to ask anyone here. I've owned losing to a 16 seed.

But when someone clearly uneducated shows their stupidity, I'll call them out. Do a little research next time and maybe you won't be shown to be the dumbass that you clearly are.

And your original point was 6 of 7. So why did you do this exercise using 8?

Cool, he's still one of your main players.

Is your style of play different, or is it the same? Looks exactly the same to me.
It's definitely different. You should watch something other than the SEC sometime and you'll see.

When you can't walk back stupidity, take to hyperbole. Welcome to message board 101.
talking like your team is some hot shit when they keep losing to double digits seeds in tourney year after year in the first round, esp. the #16 seed last year...welcome to message board 101 and congrats.

nancy-pelosi-state-of-the-union.gif

Last edited:
talking like your team is some hot shit when they keep losing to double digits seeds in tourney year after year in the first round, esp. the #16 seed last year...welcome to message board 101 and congrats.

nancy-pelosi-state-of-the-union.gif
Show me where I talked like my team is "some hot shit".

Feel free to ask anyone here. I've owned losing to a 16 seed.

But when someone clearly uneducated shows their stupidity, I'll call them out. Do a little research next time and maybe you won't be shown to be the dumbass that you clearly are.

And your original point was 6 of 7. So why did you do this exercise using 8?
LOL, the roster is 90% the same and your style of play is the same. The only stupid comments are the ones saying Purdue is a different team than last year.

LOL, the roster is 90% the same and your style of play is the same. The only stupid comments are the ones saying Purdue is a different team than last year.
So players dont improve as they get older and gain experience, especially true frosh to soph years? Going from one of the worst shooting teams to one of the best makes a huge difference.

Show me where I talked like my team is "some hot shit".
you said posters being stupid, lazy and dumbass when they stated the fact that your team keep losing to much lower seeds and made history last year by losing to #16. Very insecure, childish and "some hot shit" when you resulting to name calling against facts.

So players dont improve as they get older and gain experience?
That's not the subject bruh, keep up. we've already discussed this. Yeah, some of your players are better, but your roster is almost exactly the same and your style of play is identical to last year. It's a post up offense.

Why do you guys get so upset? I'm not shitting on Purdue, just saying they're very much the same as last year. Why do you guys hate that so much? It's the truth.

That's not the subject bruh, keep up. we've already discussed this. Yeah, some of your players are better, but your roster is almost exactly the same and your style of play is identical to last year. It's a post up offense.

Why do you guys get so upset? I'm not shitting on Purdue, just saying they're very much the same as last year. Why do you guys hate that so much? It's the truth.
Except for the actual performance, like shooting, but ok

the south is tough, but your reasoning is total nonsense. The south is NOT good because NC State won a national championship in 1983 or because Wisconsin won it all in 19friggen41.

GTFO with this garbage.
NC State just beat #1 seed North Carolina for their first ACC Title since 1987. So yeah, the 80s still matter, you lunatic!

Also, didn't Wisconsin & Duke play for a title in 2015?
Whether it's 1941 or not, history is history! :)

I'm not disagreeing with that. The subject was never about better numbers, it was about roster and style of play.
Purdue’s style of play is to surround the most dominant big in college ball with shooters. Last year, those shooters were bad. This year, they are really really good at hitting them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT