ADVERTISEMENT

Does UNC Rebound & Win National Title?

Does UNC Rebound & Win National Title?

• Yes

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • No

Votes: 23 95.8%

• Total voters
The results of the conference tournaments portend a Providence type national champion vibe.

I'm not buying UConn. I keep hearing about how great their offense is, but they're beating mid teams by only scoring 73-77 ppg. I've watched them several times and I don't see it.
They're definitely good, but head and shoulders above the field? No.
Also, they are now the hunted, not the hunter. That's much different.

I wouldn't have put UNC as my favorite to win the title before this game, but I don’t put much stock in the loss either.

All 4 UNC titles in my lifetime came after they didn’t win the ACC tournament title.
Did we ever lose the ACC title game and win? I feel like we lost early and then could view/use it as a way to have more time off to get fresh legs, heal bodies, etc. Or those were just the mental gymnastics I’d play to make the losses feel better.

Did we ever lose the ACC title game and win? I feel like we lost early and then could view/use it as a way to have more time off to get fresh legs, heal bodies, etc. Or those were just the mental gymnastics I’d play to make the losses feel better.
I believe we did in 1993. The others were the semi finals.

Reactions: 829305
I don't think losing a game… any game in your conference tournament, means anything with regards to the NCAAT. Every team has someone they don't match up well with, so if your team gets lucky enough to play teams they match up well with, they have a shot.
Houston wants no part of Iowa state anymore, Purdue never wants to see Northwestern again and I would pee down my leg if UK had to play aTm again.
There is so much parity this year, we might see more upsets the first two days then we have ever seen before.

I'm not buying UConn. I keep hearing about how great their offense is, but they're beating mid teams by only scoring 73-77 ppg. I've watched them several times and I don't see it.

You’re not consistent in your logic. When Kentucky allows a mid team to score 100 points, you make excuses about number of possessions. For a team that plays at UConn’s tempo, mid-70s is very good.

You’re obviously hyper-focused on points scored because Kentucky’s scored a million points this year. UConn is probably just as good as Kentucky offensively (metrics say they’re better), but with a top 10ish defense. They’re legit, and they’re going to be a nightmare for years. As a KU fan, they worry me far more than any other program longterm.

Agree about being the hunted though. They haven’t been in that position in a long time.

Reactions: bignish
You’re not consistent in your logic. When Kentucky allows a mid team to score 100 points, you make excuses about number of possessions. For a team that plays at UConn’s tempo, mid-70s is very good.

You’re obviously hyper-focused on points scored because Kentucky’s scored a million points this year. UConn is probably just as good as Kentucky offensively (metrics say they’re better), but with a top 10ish defense. They’re legit, and they’re going to be a nightmare for years. As a KU fan, they worry me far more than any other program longterm.

Agree about being the hunted though. They haven’t been in that position in a long time.
I'm not saying UConn isn't legit. Heck, they would carve UK up, but we're not looking at 1991 UNLV here.
They're good, but there are teams out there that they won't match up well with.
The Big East is down, so we don't really know how good they are, but they are not a juggernaut, far from it.

Jeff have you been watching them play?? Teams give them their best shot and then UConn goes on a 20-5 run to flush them away.

Sure it’s a single elimination tournament so theoretically they can lose but it’s going to take a very special performance by the other team to knock them out.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Jeff have you been watching them play?? Teams give them their best shot and then UConn goes on a 20-5 run to flush them away.

Sure it’s a single elimination tournament so theoretically they can lose but it’s going to take a very special performance by the other team to knock them out.
What teams have they done this against?

UK sucks, but they go on runs like that against good teams constantly. So what.

What elite defense has UConn run out of the gym?

St Johns put 90 on UConn, Marquette, without Kolek, gave them all they wanted. Creighton wrecked them and those are the only decent teams in that league.

UConn is damn good, but they are not a juggernaut.

St Johns put 90 on UConn, Marquette, without Kolek, gave them all they wanted. Creighton wrecked them and those are the only decent teams in that league.

Seton Hall and others are decent, especially if you're putting teams like Miss St and A&M in that category.

Seton Hall and others are decent, especially if you're putting teams like Miss St and A&M in that category.
Seton Hall is an NIT team. The Big East has UConn, then a big gap to Creighton and Marquette, than an even larger gap to SJ, Providence, Butler and SH.

Say what you want about aTm and MSU, they have size, athletesism and great guard play. SH is not on the same level as those 2 teams right now.

Like I said, UConn is really good, but they are not a juggernaut. I would not be surprised if the won the title, or lost to an 8 seed.

Seton Hall is an NIT team. The Big East has UConn, then a big gap to Creighton and Marquette, than an even larger gap to SJ, Providence, Butler and SH.

Say what you want about aTm and MSU, they have size, athletesism and great guard play. SH is not on the same level as those 2 teams right now.

Like I said, UConn is really good, but they are not a juggernaut. I would not be surprised if the won the title, or lost to an 8 seed.

I'd say they're better than last year's team, which should be pretty worrisome for the rest of the field. Obviously, nothing's ever guaranteed in March Madness.

I'd say they're better than last year's team, which should be pretty worrisome for the rest of the field. Obviously, nothing's ever guaranteed in March Madness.
I think they were better last year. They got hot right as the tournament started. I'm not sure this team is really all that hot right now, but we will see.

• Haha
Reactions: boaty4

I think you vastly overestimate the ability of the SEC.

TAMU is 2-5 vs quad 3. To say Seton Hall wouldn’t stand a VERY good chance against them is preposterous. I would favor Seton Hall.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT