Votes: 5 8.5%
  • West

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters
East (large margin)
West
South
Midwest

The midwest top 2 seeds are usual March flunkies. Kansas is hurt and shitty and Creighton isn't even real. Houston is legit in the South, but Kentucky is the most volatile team out there, who knows with Marquette and Kolek, and Duke sucks too.

East 😞

As an Illini fan, my only real goal is the Sweet Sixteen. We’ve won multiple conference/conference tournament championships the last five years, but we have no NCAAT success to show for it.

While I think BYU is good, I still like our draw well enough for that goal … but damn. Not optimistic after that!

East or Midwest. Leaning east though

Love the draw my Cats got
Midwest is pretty damn tough. People claiming it's the weakest is on crack. Kansas is banged up but outside of that there are some really tough teams. Hell, our 2 seed was supposed to be a 1 seed until they lost. Creighton can light it up when their on. NOBODY wanted to face McNeese in their bracket and it's our potential 2nd round matchup. Oregon just won their conference tourney, and Utah St is under rated IMO.

The East is really tough too, but I'm not buying the Iowa St hype. I think they are the weakest 2 seed by far. Kentucky and Illinios are better than Iowa St IMO.

Northwestern is wounded. Outside of Illinois, who else is going to challenge UConn? Auburn or San Diego St?

Ranking 1-16 (using the better 10/16 seed)
South: 51.89
East: 55.61
West: 58.06
Midwest: 59.53

Ranking 1-9
West: 20.47
East: 20.94
South: 22.23
Midwest: 23.41

Ranking 1-5
East: 9.60
Midwest: 11.69
West: 12.86
South: 13.50

Ranking 1-4
East: 6.46
Midwest: 10.00
West: 10.75
South: 11.75

Ranking 11-14 (Cinderella's)
West: 70.77
Midwest: 72.06
South: 77.30
East: 84.75

East is most top-heavy, whilst also having the weakest first round matchups. Should be chalk first weekend and an exciting second weekend.
West and Midwest are the regions more likely to bust your bracket.

The East is the toughest, but it's not like it's a round robin, you don't have to play them all.

UConn is going to hate playing Auburn though. That mighy be the best game of the tournament.
I didn’t like that we drew UCONN but overall they’re the ones that got screwed. Playing FAU in the second round won’t be an easy game for them.

The South is the toughest region!
Five of these teams have won 18 NCAA Championships
& been to numerous Final4's.

You have former NCAA Champions:
- #11 NC State (2 NC), 2024 ACC Champions vs #6 Texas Tech
- #5 Wisconsin (1 NC), 2024 Big Ten RU vs #12 James Madison (31-3) <-- Potential upset!
- #7 Florida (2 NC), 2024 SEC RU vs #10 Boise St/#10 Colarado
- #3 Kentucky (8 NC), 4-way tie for 2nd in SEC to Tenn.
- #4 Duke (5 NC), 2nd in ACC to UNC

Top seeds:
#1 Houston, #2 overall seed, 2024 Big-12 Champion vs 8 Nebraska/9 Texas AM
#2 Marquette, 2nd in BE to UConn (#1 overall seed)

Play-in Game:
#10 Boise St vs #10 Colorado

Last edited:

- #5 Wisconsin (1 NC), 2024 Big Ten RU vs #12 James Madison (31-3) <-- Potential upset!

Top seeds:

Play-in Game:

the south is tough, but your reasoning is total nonsense. The south is NOT good because NC State won a national championship in 1983 or because Wisconsin won it all in 19friggen41.

GTFO with this garbage.

Midwest is pretty damn tough. People claiming it's the weakest is on crack. Kansas is banged up but outside of that there are some really tough teams. Hell, our 2 seed was supposed to be a 1 seed until they lost. Creighton can light it up when their on. NOBODY wanted to face McNeese in their bracket and it's our potential 2nd round matchup. Oregon just won their conference tourney, and Utah St is under rated IMO.

The East is really tough too, but I'm not buying the Iowa St hype. I think they are the weakest 2 seed by far. Kentucky and Illinios are better than Iowa St IMO.

Northwestern is wounded. Outside of Illinois, who else is going to challenge UConn? Auburn or San Diego St?
I think the Midwest has the potential to be the toughest.

Purdue is possibly the best team in the country

Tennessee has looked like a 1 at times

Creighton beat UCONN by 19 pts. They stomped them. When Creighton is hot they can beat anyone.

Kansas when healthy and not fatigued has at times played like a 1 seed. They may be over seeded here but they’re also one of those 3-6 level seeds that underperformed due to injury or inexperience or a bad stretch. Those teams can be sneaky in the tourney and upset teams. They’ve beaten 3 of the top 8 seeds(including two 1s) and two of the three seeds and nearly beat another of the 2 seeds on the road. So they’ve beaten 5 of the top 12 seeds, and nearly beat another.

Gonzaga is experienced in the tourney and always has a tough team.

USC … not sure what to think about them. But they went from a losing record last year to a 6 seed this year. Clearly they are well coached.

Texas is one of those teams that has a ton of talent but has underperformed. Those are the types of lower seeded teams you don’t want to play in the tourney because if they play motivated and execute, they can take down the best teams.

TCU is a tough team capable of knocking off a 1 seed. When they play to their ability they can beat anybody. They nearly beat KU in AFH, back when KU was actually healthy.

Then you have the small schools…every one of them other than the 16, is a team that can surprise anybody. Lots of great shooting teams that are capable of getting hot.

Then there’s Oregon at 11. That team scares me as an 11. They are always an athletic team that underperforms the ver the course of the season but seem capable of putting it together on any given night.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
I think the Midwest has the potential to be the toughest.

Purdue is possibly the best team in the country

Tennessee has looked like a 1 at times

Creighton beat UCONN by 19 pts. They stomped them. When Creighton is hot they can beat anyone.

Kansas when healthy and not fatigued has at times played like a 1 seed. They may be over seeded here but they’re also one of those 3-6 level seeds that underperformed due to injury or inexperience or a bad stretch. Those teams can be sneaky in the tourney and upset teams. They’ve beaten 3 of the top 8 seeds(including two 1s) and two of the three seeds and nearly beat another of the 2 seeds on the road. So they’ve beaten 5 of the top 12 seeds, and nearly beat another.

Gonzaga is experienced in the tourney and always has a tough team.

USC … not sure what to think about them. But they went from a losing record last year to a 6 seed this year. Clearly they are well coached.

Texas is one of those teams that has a ton of talent but has underperformed. Those are the types of lower seeded teams you don’t want to play in the tourney because if they play motivated and execute, they can take down the best teams.

Then you have the small schools…every one of them other than the 16, is a team that can surprise anybody. Lots of great shooting teams that are capable of getting hot.

Then there’s Oregon at 11. That team scares me as an 11. They are always an athletic team that underperforms the ver the course of the season but seem capable of putting it together on any given night.
I'm not buying Purdue #1 seed. They're basically the same team as last year #1 that lost in the first round to #16 Fairfield Dickinson. The second time the #16 defeated #1.

Ranking 1-16 (using the better 10/16 seed)
South: 51.89
East: 55.61
West: 58.06
Midwest: 59.53

Ranking 1-9
West: 20.47
East: 20.94
South: 22.23
Midwest: 23.41

Ranking 1-5
East: 9.60
Midwest: 11.69
West: 12.86
South: 13.50

Ranking 1-4
East: 6.46
Midwest: 10.00
West: 10.75
South: 11.75

Ranking 11-14 (Cinderella's)
West: 70.77
Midwest: 72.06
South: 77.30
East: 84.75

East is most top-heavy, whilst also having the weakest first round matchups. Should be chalk first weekend and an exciting second weekend.
West and Midwest are the regions more likely to bust your bracket.
I think the region the barn is in is the toughest.

I'm not buying Purdue #1 seed. They're basically the same team as last year #1 that lost in the first round to #16 Fairfield Dickinson. The second time the #16 defeated #1.
curious, what happened the first time a #1 lost to a #16 and then was back in the tourney the next season?

Reactions: guru_tc
Tell me you don't watch college basketball outside of your team without telling me you don't watch college basketball outside of your team.

curious, what happened the first time a #1 lost to a #16 and then was back in the tourney the next season?
First time was #1 Virginia lost to #16 UMBC in 2018. The next year, 2019 UVA won the NC beating #3 Texas Tech in the final.

I don't think Purdue can do what UVA did This time.

Tell me you don't watch college basketball outside of your team without telling me you don't watch college basketball outside of your team.
I don't have to tell you shit. I just stated the fact the your #1 seeded team lost to #16 last year.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
It's the east and it's not even close. Overall #1 seed, probably the best #2 seed and def the best #4 seed. Have the Ken Pom #1, #4 (auburn), #5 (Iowa State) and #10 (Illinois). Also, all major conference tournament champs are in the east (Big, Big East, Big 12 and SEC) except for NC State...... lol.

Kenpom difficulty scores (adding top 4 seeds of each region):
East: 20
South: 41
Midwest: 43
West: 42

First time was #1 Virginia lost to #16 UMBC in 2018. The next year, 2019 UVA won the NC beating #3 Texas Tech in the final.

I don't think Purdue can do what UVA did This time.
I'm not saying that Purdue can win it, but your argument that they can't because they lost to a 16 last year doesn't carry much weight considering that's exactly what UVA did. UVA did add a healthy DeAndre Hunter, but he's not the difference between losing to a 16 and running the table the next year. Purdue also improved over last year significantly just by having their freshman backcourt become a sophmore backcourt.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
I'm not saying that Purdue can win it, but your argument that they can't because they lost to a 16 last year doesn't carry much weight considering that's exactly what UVA did. UVA did add a healthy DeAndre Hunter, but he's not the difference between losing to a 16 and running the table the next year. Purdue also improved over last year significantly just by having their freshman backcourt become a sophmore backcourt.
I didn't say that. I said I don't think Purdue can do what UVA did and I don't buy Purdue #1 seed.

I guess we'll know in a couple weeks.

You have not watched one second of this years team if you believe this. This is incredibly uninformed.

If you told me before the tourney that the final four would be the top 4 teams in the east, I'd have thought it was a good final four.

I don't think I can say that about the other regions.

Top seeds:

Play-in Game:
You must be on the committee.

• Haha
Reactions: guru_tc and rdgtr
ADVERTISEMENT