Votes: 43 72.9%
  • South

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Midwest

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • West

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters
Starting lineup is different by 40%. Rotations are completely different. High minute players from last year almost never see the floor. Not to mention all of the changed action I mentioned above as well as the vast improved play of Smith and Loyer.

Tell me you never watch Purdue without telling me you never watch Purdue. Good lord.
So wait, you're claiming 4 out of 5 starters on this team are different than the guys that started last year? The stats don't back that up.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
Dude, please stop going there. You validate their rhetoric when you feel the need to post on their board. Their season is done and we are playing on. Focus on what matters.
First of all, it's a free damn country. 2nd, and Courtsense knows this, I grew up an IU fan and have IU fans in my family so I read there so I have something to talk about with my family members. 3rd, I'm not pumping Purdue. In fact, many times I'm not even mentioning Purdue. Courtsense also knows this, but chooses to lie about me because he's an asshole.

My last few posts there were about my kids and the B10 as a conference as a whole. NOT about Purdue.

Last edited:
You just wasted all that time typing out how individual players improved, but that's not the subject at hand.
There is very little difference in the roster, it's essentially the same, 6 if the top 8 players were on the roster last year playing important minutes and the style of play is exactly the same.
Yup, individual and team play has improved, but you still have the same players and you still run your offense through the post.
Did you even read the part where I talked about increased pick and roll and how Edey posts in the lane vs the block? Re-screens? No? Nothing?

Love how nobody takes into account that during one of those years, Kentucky had just lost to the exact same team that beat Purdue. Also, that Covid holdover players are making mid majors much more dangerous. That FDU team that beat Purdue last year had a 23 and 24 year old guard to our 19 year old guards.

Expect mayhem this year as well. Not going to lie. It's the reason McNeese worries me. They are good and they are old. I think the have two 24 year olds on that team as well as a 22 and 21 year old. They won't be afraid of anyone and will let it fly.
Hey man, I point and laugh at UK constantly. We're all homers to some extent, but I'll be the first one to admit UK has stunk it up since the end of the 2020 season.

Cal has failed big time and I can only laugh when people on here poke fun at UK for losing to Saint Peters. It never should have happened.

As far as Purdue losing to FD, you just have to own it, no excuses. It doesn't matter how old the FD players were, if they're still playing at FD at 24 years old, they just weren't very good.

Yeah, this tournament is going to be crazy, there is going to be massive upsets and some crazy games that we'll never forget. This is the oldest cbb has ever been.

Heck, with Calipari running things, I'm not confident UK will beat Oakland, that guy is washed up. 9 losses with this team should be a crime.

Well, we'll find out just how good of a defender he is, sorry, I just don't see it and why would he take a chance on picking up cheap fouls? He needs to stay out of foul trouble. If he gets into foul trouble, Purdue is done.
For your sake, I hope Purdue doesn’t play a game with SEC refs. He'll be in foul trouble as soon as he steps off the bus.
I can't find the graphic ATM but it shows the % of shots teams take at the rim vs 3 point shots when Edey is in the game vs out of the game. When he's in the game it's about 37% shots at the rim. When he's out of the game, it's something over 50%. That's why he's considered to be a defensive difference maker.

Hey man, I point and laugh at UK constantly. We're all homers to some extent, but I'll be the first one to admit UK has stunk it up since the end of the 2020 season.

Cal has failed big time and I can only laugh when people on here poke fun at UK for losing to Saint Peters. It never should have happened.

As far as Purdue losing to FD, you just have to own it, no excuses. It doesn't matter how old the FD players were, if they're still playing at FD at 24 years old, they just weren't very good.

Yeah, this tournament is going to be crazy, there is going to be massive upsets and some crazy games that we'll never forget. This is the oldest cbb has ever been.

Heck, with Calipari running things, I'm not confident UK will beat Oakland, that guy is washed up. 9 losses with this team should be a crime.
Oh I do own it, but excuses are different than knowing WHY it happened. You can state why it happened. That doesn't make it an excuse. It's very simple as to why. It's just what happened.

Did you even read the part where I talked about increased pick and roll and how Edey posts in the lane vs the block? Re-screens? No? Nothing?
Did you read the part where I said this isn’t about player and team improvements?
It’s about how the roster and style of play is the same between 23 and 24. Yeah, there are some new wrinkles, but everything still runs through the post. Purdue is built around Zach Edey this year and they were last year.

I can't find the graphic ATM but it shows the % of shots teams take at the rim vs 3 point shots when Edey is in the game vs out of the game. When he's in the game it's about 37% shots at the rim. When he's out of the game, it's something over 50%. That's why he's considered to be a defensive difference maker.
Well yeah, he's freaking massive, all he has to do is wall up. Weird thing is, I never saw BIG10 teams try to go at him to get him into goul trouble, expect that to happen in the NCAAT.

Did you read the part where I said this isn’t about player and team improvements?
It’s about how the roster and style of play is the same between 23 and 24. Yeah, there are some new wrinkles, but everything still runs through the post. Purdue is built around Zach Edey this year and they were last year.
So changing the action you use as well as changing where you try to get the ball isn't changing your style at all... Got it.

Well yeah, he's freaking massive, all he has to do is wall up. Weird thing is, I never saw BIG10 teams try to go at him to get him into goul trouble, expect that to happen in the NCAAT.
You think Marquette, Tennessee, Alabama, Arizona or Gonzaga didn't try? Believe me, teams tried. He's just very good at not fouling. The only games he ended up in foul trouble were games that refs called phantom fouls. Guys tripping on their own feet or their own players and Edey getting hit with the foul. Stuff like that. OR when he's dumb enough to get a tech after committing his first foul just minutes into the game. That was really dumb.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I said that 40% of our starting lineup was different and you said 4 out of 5. Think about it.
Guess you missed the part where I said "according to stats", but hey, I defer to you as you watch more Purdue ball than I do, I just looked it up and saw that Edey, Smith, Loyer, Gillis and Kaufman-Renn logged the most minutes and had the best stats on both teams. The only difference I see, is Jones replaced Caleb Furst. So I'm not sure how it's even possible that only 40% of the roster this year is the same as who played last year. It looks more like 90% to me

Guess you missed the part where I said "according to stats", but hey, I defer to you as you watch more Purdue ball than I do, I just looked it up and saw that Edey, Smith, Loyer, Gillis and Kaufman-Renn logged the most minutes and had the best stats on both teams. The only difference I see, is Jones replaced Caleb Furst. So I'm not sure how it's even possible that only 40% of the roster this year is the same as who played last year. It looks more like 90% to me
I didn't say only 40% of the roster is the same. I said 40% of the starting lineup is different. I linked below the conversation. After I said the starting lineup was 40% different, you said I claimed 4 out of 5 starters are different. That's when I made the math comment. 40% is 2 out of 5. Not 4 out of 5.

Starting lineup is different by 40%. Rotations are completely different. High minute players from last year almost never see the floor. Not to mention all of the changed action I mentioned above as well as the vast improved play of Smith and Loyer.

Tell me you never watch Purdue without telling me you never watch Purdue. Good lord.
So wait, you're claiming 4 out of 5 starters on this team are different than the guys that started last year? The stats don't back that up.

So changing the action you use as well as changing where you try to get the ball isn't changing your style at all... Got it.
Purdue still runs the.ball through the.post on almost every. possession. It's still a post up offense.

Purdue still runs the.ball through the.post on almost every. possession. It's still a post up offense.
If you want to break it down to the most simple form possible, then yes. You got me! In simplest form, you either play through the post, or you don't.

I didn't say only 40% of the roster is the same. I said 40% of the starting lineup is different. I linked below the conversation. After I said the starting lineup was 40% different, you said I claimed 4 out of 5 starters are different. That's when I made the math comment. 40% is 2 out of 5. Not 4 out of 5.

But the stats do back up what I'm saying. See the screenshots below. How can you say only 40% of the roster is the same?

2023:
image001-2.png

image001-3.png

I mean… that ain't 40%, the rosters are almost identical.

Oh, I don't know. Because Virginia lost to a 16 and then won it all the next year with "basically the same roster".
That doesn't mean Purdue is going to do the same thing, but if there is one fanbase that needs a tournament run badly, it's Boiler-nation.

But the stats do back up what I'm saying. See the screenshots below. How can you say only 40% of the roster is the same?

2023:
image001-2.png

image001-3.png

I mean… that ain't 40%, the rosters are almost identical.
Once again. I never said only 40% of the roster is the same. Please read more carefully.

That doesn't mean Purdue is going to do the same thing, but if there is one fanbase that needs a tournament run badly, it's Boiler-nation.
I never claimed they would. Just pointing out that they had basically the same roster and same style with very different outcomes.

Didn't Purdue play a tough schedule last year too? How did that end again?
Nowhere near as challenging last year. Plus we shot the ball better in the first half of the season then petered out as the season went on. That hasn't happened this year and on top of that we have many more guys hitting a high percentage so we don't typically have an offensive liability on the floor like Morton and others were.

Last year's primary starters:

Edey - Smith - Loyer - Furst/Gillis (split) - Morton

This year's starters:

Edey - Smith - Loyer - Jones - TKR

What is 40% of 5?

Last year's primary starters:

Edey - Smith - Loyer - Furst/Gillis (split) - Morton

This year's starters:

Edey - Smith - Loyer - Jones - TKR

What is 40% of 5?
I mean, I provided screenshots showing you who your most productive players are, 4 of the 5 are the same players on both teams.

4 out of 5 is 80%. I know math is hard, but geez.
When I initially made the statement, I said 7 of the top 8, close enough, especially for a guy.(you) that tried to mske fun of UK for misding the 2020 and 2021 NCAA tournaments. You… .a duke fan… made that statement.

Let ke ask you, who DID play in the 2020 NCAAT?
Did Duke play in the 2021 NCAAT?

Yeah, don't throw stones, Mr. Glass House.

As it was uncalled for for me to call someone stupid earlier. Which is why I went back and edited it. Sometimes I get ahead of myself when I post.
Yeah, some people post things on here they would never say in person and that is definitely one of them.
It's cool though, like I said, we can play that game.
The funny thing is, I grew up in Jersey and lived in Michigan for 15 years. I'm not some dude that lived in a hollowed out bus in a holler somewhere.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
When I initially made the statement, I said 7 of the top 8, close enough, especially for a guy.(you) that tried to mske fun of UK for misding the 2020 and 2021 NCAA tournaments. You… .a duke fan… made that statement.

Let ke ask you, who DID play in the 2020 NCAAT?
Did Duke play in the 2021 NCAAT?

Yeah, don't throw stones, Mr. Glass House.
Triggered.

They look way smarter than KYJelly and more teeth.
Says the dumbass that posted this gem, then got mad at me because YOU forgot to "double check" your facts.

Screenshot-20240320-123258-Chrome.jpg

Please, by all means, let us all know what Duke's 2020 and 2021 NCAAT results were. Who won the 2020 NCAAT?

You should stop posting

West might be the worst region since the tourney expanded to 64 teams. there isn't a single F4 worthy team in the entire thing. Picking UNC by default but not happy with it. I have Nevada in the elite 8 lol.

Midwest is pretty terrible too.

Virginia had FIVE 20+ point losses during the season, another by 19, and added a sixth last night. They scored in the 40s six times this season. They were the lowest ranked at large in KenPom by over 20 spots (Drake). UVA had absolutely no business being in this tournament...but they went 13-7 in an absolute dog water league...

Reactions: Boilermaker03
ADVERTISEMENT