ADVERTISEMENT

***Final Four Games Thread***

tenor.gif

houston gets to play the underdog today

can ucla (or anyone) slow down the machine? tempo will be interesting in that one

Will be fun to see how Houston will play this time when they are actually the underdog, their lack of offense can be a serious issue as their defense wont be able to win this game for them alone.

I have more hope for Houston, but I can’t help but feel both games are blowouts. Hope I’m wrong.
Houston is overrated. Should have lost to Rutgers. Rutgers who was a 10 seed is the highest seed they have had to beat in this tourney. UCLA/Gonzaga will be the better game iyam

Reactions: WojoRising
Houston is overrated. Should have lost to Rutgers. Rutgers who was a 10 seed is the highest seed they have had to beat in this tourney. UCLA/Gonzaga will be the better game iyam

Going against point spreads and efficiency ratings. Should be interesting. I don't see it.

I'm not sure if I'm hoping for what we thought was going to happen happens or if I'm rooting for upsets.

Kind of want to see it play out with Zags and Baylor playing.

Reactions: sgrooms
Interesting story is Alvin Brooks II vs Alvin Brooks III.

The older Brooks is on the Houston staff. Is actually going to back to his alma mater Lamar to be the Head Coach after the season.

The younger Brooks is on the Baylor staff.

Both have been around Texas Basketball for awhile
The Older Brooks was recruited by Billy Tubbs at Lamar . Led them to a Sweet 16.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Even if UCLA upsets Gonzaga, lets not forget that Virginia lost to UMBC in the first round by hmm, 20pts...

and yet it's not the biggest tourney upset by spread. 15-seed Norfolk State was a 21.5 point underdog before beating 2-seed Missouri in 2015. UMBC was ONLY a 20.5 point underdog lol. Granted, UMBC beat UVA by far more points than Norfolk State beat Missouri.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
I’ll be rooting for UCLA for sure, I’d love to see a good game and hope you’re right

Reactions: Noahtogo24
UCLA beats Gonzaga....

If Cronin can maintain the focus of his team for the championship game he will deserve all the credit in the world.
This isn't even mentioning the fact that they beat Gonzaga...
Will be tough for his team to have that same intensity and drive

Reactions: duckboy33
Just realized that Coach K and Jay Wright are the only active college coaches with multiple championships.

Reactions: jhmossy
and yet it's not the biggest tourney upset by spread. 15-seed Norfolk State was a 21.5 point underdog before beating 2-seed Missouri in 2015. UMBC was ONLY a 20.5 point underdog lol. Granted, UMBC beat UVA by far more points than Norfolk State beat Missouri.

Curious though, how many pts would UVA have been favored if DeAndre Hunger was not hurt?

Curious though, how many pts would UVA have been favored if DeAndre Hunger was not hurt?

No clue. We also didn't have Jay Huff for that game. Two of our best defenders out. Obviously, we still should have won that game but oh well.

UCLA will have to play nearly perfect. Harassing defense, limit Zag runs, not turnover the ball like USC, and shoot lights out. Then they might have a shot.

ADVERTISEMENT