ADVERTISEMENT

Sweet 16 might be fantastic

GE Nole

Sep 12, 2005
The beauty of all this chalk is that the Sweet 16 has the chance to be phenomenal. It’s always my favorite round anyway. Perfect combo of number of games, good teams, and teams having 5 days to rest/prep.

But this year? Wow. All one seeds, all two seeds, plus a 3 and a 5 that are basically 2s. Oh and another 5 seed that was in the final four last year. Yowzers.

The beauty of all this chalk is that the Sweet 16 has the chance to be phenomenal. It’s always my favorite round anyway. Perfect combo of number of games, good teams, and teams having 5 days to rest/prep.

But this year? Wow. All one seeds, all two seeds, plus a 3 and a 5 that are basically 2s. Oh and another 5 seed that was in the final four last year. Yowzers.
Man its gonna be epic, IMO....

Reactions: GE Nole
I guess the good side of no upset in the round of 32 is that, sweet 16 will feature better teams and become more exciting. No one is interested in watching 10th seed Colorado against 14th seed Oakland, but matchups such as Houston vs Duke and Iowa State vs Illinois are much more appealing.

Reactions: Sparty_57
I guess the good side of no upset in the round of 32 is that, sweet 16 will feature better teams and become more exciting. No one is interested in watching 10th seed Colorado against 14th seed Oakland, but matchups such as Houston vs Duke and Iowa State vs Illinois are much more appealing.

Colorado is actually pretty fun to watch and probably would have been a nice game with NC State.

But yes, I’m glad the big boys mostly won.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
ADVERTISEMENT