ADVERTISEMENT

***Elite 8 Games Thread***

Baylor makes their first Final Four since 1950. Houston made their first since 1984.

Gonzaga, Michigan and UCLA don't have long droughts but USC hasn't made the Final Four since 1954.

How many people watched that last UCLA/USC game

Everyone was talking about Illinois vs Michigan

There is a chance that neither of them are in the Final 4 and we get to see what we missed.

But I think UCLA has been maybe the most improved team I have ever seen in tournament play.
At least that I can remember.

How many people watched that last UCLA/USC game

Everyone was talking about Illinois vs Michigan

There is a chance that neither of them are in the Final 4 and we get to see what we missed.

But I think UCLA has been maybe the most improved team I have ever seen in tournament play.
At least that I can remember.

I watched that UCLA/USC game. People dismissed UCLA because they lost their last 3 games going into the tournament (Oregon, USC and Oregon State). They had leads in all 3 of those games but didn't finish. It's possible that Cronin used those close losses as a teaching moment and it helped them come tournament time.

They always had the talent to make a run like this. I'm not sure how they will play against Michigan's size, however.

I watched that UCLA/USC game. People dismissed UCLA because they lost their last 3 games going into the tournament (Oregon, USC and Oregon State). They had leads in all 3 of those games but didn't finish. It's possible that Cronin used those close losses as a teaching moment and it helped them come tournament time.

They always had the talent to make a run like this. I'm not sure how they will play against Michigan's size, however.

The key is UCLA offense vs Michigan's Defense

Michigan has some impressive performances.

Can they play against an offense that can do so much.

UCLA is going to find the weak spot and exploit it.
The way some of their players move without the ball. When you watch Jamie Jaquez you see a player who has played basketball nonstop for 15 years.
Someone who learn how to score from an early age and perfected it. Don't see too many college players like that.

But Juzang and Bernard can put up points as well.

The key is UCLA offense vs Michigan's Defense

Michigan has some impressive performances.

Can they play against an offense that can do so much.

UCLA is going to find the weak spot and exploit it.
The way some of their players move without the ball. When you watch Jamie Jaquez you see a player who has played basketball nonstop for 15 years.
Someone who learn how to score from an early age and perfected it. Don't see too many college players like that.

But Juzang and Bernard can put up points as well.

Scoring won't be an issue for UCLA. Jaquez, Juzang and Bernard can all go out and get a bucket. Tyger can also get buckets when he's on. UCLA is 11th in the country in offensive efficiency, people just don't recognize it because they don't usually play at a high pace.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
People dismissed UCLA and the rest of the PAC because of the recent irrelevance nationally and the fact that most people probably didn't watch west coast games.

I think the PAC is now back on the radar, earned respect, and people won't be as quick to dismiss moving forward, unless they just revert back to recent form immediately the next couple of years. Will also be interesting to see if any of the PAC coaches relocate.

6 teams remain and only one of them (Gonzaga) is in the top 185 in adjusted tempo.

Scoring won't be an issue for UCLA. Jaquez, Juzang and Bernard can all go out and get a bucket. Tyger can also get buckets when he's on. UCLA is 11th in the country in offensive efficiency, people just don't recognize it because they don't usually play at a high pace.

Michigan could have to drop the low post game. Works when they can stop teams on the defensive end.

So that size isn't as important especially when it is hurting them on Defense

Michigan could have to drop the low post game. Works when they can stop teams on the defensive end.

So that size isn't as important especially when it is hurting them on Defense

That's what UCLA is going to have to do to have a chance. If Michigan can find a way to defend with size on the court, it's going to be a problem for UCLA. This will be the key to game IMO and we'll see who has the bigger advantage: UCLA on offense vs. Michigan's bigs or Michigan's bigs vs. UCLA's defense.

You saw in the Oregon/Iowa game, despite Garza's advantage inside, Iowa was left helpless on defense vs. a more athletic Oregon team. Oregon and UCLA are very similar teams. However, Michigan has more athleticism than Iowa so I don't think we see a repeat of Oregon/Iowa tonight.

USC has the talent to win, but have to many things to clean up.

If they don't turn the ball over, the Zags could get their moneys worth.

I think UM and UCLA is a toss up. That should be a great game.

Reactions: duckboy33
Random thought but it’s hilarious that Josh Christopher went to Arizona State over Michigan because he thought it was better for his brand. F***ing Eli Brooks who has zero NBA potential is getting more publicity than you.

How bout some thoughts on tonight's games
USC will get an early lead and our favorite Nostradamus will say he doesn't think Gonzaga can win, let alone cover. Maybe he'll get lucky this time and Gonzaga loses, or like they have in every round this tournament they break open a can a whoop ass and win comfortably.

Wonder if USC will go zone again. It's not actually something they do a ton of.

Will Timme be able to score on the Mobly brothers?

Will USC's hot shooting continue?

Suggs, Kispert and Ayayi need to play well and hit outside shots.

Reactions: hawkit3113
@Ipartiedwithhopgood I was looking through old threads and someone said “I haven’t seen hopgood since you ran him off”. What did we argue about? Arguing doesn’t seem like me.

I left for a few years couldn't log into the site, somebody came by the home board and gave me a mod link to get me back in. I don't remember you running me off but you are a pretty annoying poster so it's possible you did.

Edit-Kidding about you being pretty annoying.

Should be a fun day, the only thing I will say is that not both top seeds will make it to the final 4. If Gonzaga wins, Michigan will lose to UCLA, If Michigan wins, Gonzaga will lose to Southern Cal. Gonzaga plays first though, so we will figure out.

Should be a fun day, the only thing I will say is that not both top seeds will make it to the final 4. If Gonzaga wins, Michigan will lose to UCLA, If Michigan wins, Gonzaga will lose to Southern Cal. Gonzaga plays first though, so we will figure out.

Possibly not. If Gonzaga loses, we wouldn't know what's going to happen with the second game. If we had any belief in your absurd theory, that is.

I actually thought it was the other way around. Good
Much rather watch UCLA/Michigan.

Can pay more attention to the the Texas Elite 8 game on the women's side

But I think the USC/Gonzaga game has the potential to be the best game of the tournament so far.

Possibly not. If Gonzaga loses, we wouldn't know what's going to happen with the second game. If we had any belief in your absurd theory, that is.

Yeah we wont know what happens to the second game if Gonzaga loses, but if Gonzaga wins we know for sure UCLA will win. My prediction remains that at least one top seed will fall tonight, and neither will cover the spread.

Michigan fans about the only ones around on the board here - how are you guys feeling about the big game tonight? UCLA fan feel free to chime in I saw you in one of these threads the other day...

Yeah we wont know what happens to the second game if Gonzaga loses, but if Gonzaga wins we know for sure UCLA will win. My prediction remains that at least one top seed will fall tonight, and neither will cover the spread.

Last game you said you were positive Michigan was losing, too.

ADVERTISEMENT