ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs Indiana post pregame thread.

Ok, just so I can bitch one time: That wasa double dribble by Zion. He can catch it in that situation. But he cannot dribble it. But to be fair to the official, I wouldn't have called it either: CLOCK STOPS. Fvck that. Get it over.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Your arms obey gravity as well. Unless you intentionally hold them up they fall. Again, just thought it was optics, though I think they needed to do something in the situation.
Meh. Sure. But your arms dont have to extend. He certainly extended his arms. Personally, though it was the correct call. Had it been me---I get it(tech).

Reactions: tw3301
No excuse...Piss poor defense. Its been piss poor all night. Slow to everything.

Big moment in this one: We got some life, was within 40-29. Then Duke reels off 13 straight to end the half. If we could've stayed within 13 or better, thiings may have been interesting.

Duke played like shit in the second half for the most part.

Big moment in this one: We got some life, was within 40-29. Then Duke reels off 13 straight to end the half. If we could've stayed within 13 or better, thiings may have been interesting.
Yeah Duke does that. Stopping runs is one of the keys to beating Duke. Indiana didn't help themselves much in the first half though.

Duke played like shit in the second half for the most part.
They did. I mean I felt we played better. THought we finally got settled in. But, ummm, can't be down 25 by then..Laughing

Yeah Duke does that. Stopping runs is one of the keys to beating Duke. Indiana didn't help themselves much in the first half though.
Not at all. We were really bad. And well, Duke was pretty damn good. If you have a bad half vs Duke, and they are playing at that level? Yeah--good luck.

Reactions: tw3301
ESPN needs to cut the shit with the split screens during the game. I don’t want to see some on the bench. I don’t want to see someone in the stands. I don’t want to watch Duke’s reality show. I want to see the game. How ****ing hard is this.
Agree. I hate when they do that. Even when its Indiana. Just stupid.

Reactions: WojoRising
I'm calling it a IU win....they played even in the 2nd half.

In all seriousness, I don't think I've seen a team play more scared then they played the 1st half.

Also, I can't remember seeing a more dominant college player then Zion! He's a man playing against kids this year. Absolutely amazed with how talented he is in every facet of the game.

Good game Indiana. You guys used a lot of bullets against yourself. Don't know that it would have been enough, but take the turnovers away and this is a much different game.
They just played scared. Even when they would drive to the basket, as soon as a defender stepped towards them...they threw up a floater. That was about as bad as a 1st half as you could play.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
They just played scared. Even when they would drive to the basket, as soon as a defender stepped towards them...they threw up a floater. That was about as bad as a 1st half as you could play.
We needed 5 Al Durhams tonight. Dude was fearless.

We needed 5 Al Durhams tonight. Dude was fearless.
Yup...I'll be honest...I was completely wrong about him. I honestly didn't think he could find any minutes this year and fully expected for him to transfer at the end of the year. But, he has been a huge surprise and I prefer him to play over green right now. Especially if he keeps shooting like he has.

Yup...I'll be honest...I was completely wrong about him. I honestly didn't think he could find any minutes this year and fully expected for him to transfer at the end of the year. But, he has been a huge surprise and I prefer him to play over green right now. Especially if he keeps shooting like he has.
I;ve always been a fan of the kid, Plays his ass off.

Why? Because I don't like watching my alma mater get throat f*cked?
Meh----I'll chalk some of this off as to guys being out, just coming back. I mean, you are out for 2 weeks, and your first game back is at-----Duke? Yo, that's rough.

Even then, and even at 100%(no injuries), we wasn't winning this game. But I don't feel this game is a true indication of how good IU can be. But mercy---Has Justin Smith ever been a disappointment. Yikes.

Hey, I'm at Lanesville Saturday for a boys varsity game. 7:30 tip. You outta stop by..
I would love to, but I've got my family's xmas party this Saturday. It was always a big deal to my dad, so since he's passed, its always a big deal to my mom that the kids show up with their families. Do you have any other games in the Clark or floyd county area soon?

Game went about as expected. 1 seed vs 8/9 seed.

Who do you think is having the better season?

Player A
15.7 pts 5.8 rebs 1.2 assists
29.6 PER
.626 True Shooting %
126.0 Offensive Rating on 28.5 usage
12.2 Box +/-

Player B
17.7 pts 5.9 rebs 2.4 assists
20.4 PER
.546 True Shooting %
111.0 offensive rating on 26.8 usage
6.1 Box +/-

Player A
29.6 PER
.626 True Shooting %
12.2 Box +/-

Player B
20.4 PER
.546 True Shooting %
6.1 Box +/-
Player B obviously

Good game Indiana. You guys used a lot of bullets against yourself. Don't know that it would have been enough, but take the turnovers away and this is a much different game.
I still wish they took a shit on your floor!

Player A
29.6 PER
.626 True Shooting %
12.2 Box +/-

Player B
20.4 PER
.546 True Shooting %
6.1 Box +/-
I know who it is not, Nojel Eastern.

Again, try harder.

Last edited:

Player A
29.6 PER
.626 True Shooting %
12.2 Box +/-

Player B
20.4 PER
.546 True Shooting %
6.1 Box +/-

Ignas Brazdeikis > Romeo Langford

Sure, I'll buy that. Brazdeikis has been a stud... and he kind of looks like Kyle Singler, too.

ADVERTISEMENT