ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs Indiana post pregame thread.

IGNAS is the far superior player. He reminds me of a more athletic Deshaun Thomas.

Fun player to watch. If voting were done today, he'd probably merit 1st Team All-Big Ten status. I'm starting to think he might even be a one-and-done.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Fun player to watch. If voting were done today, he'd probably merit 1st Team All-Big Ten status. I'm starting to think he might even be a one-and-done.

I completely agree with everything in this post. As bad as the NBA craves versatile wings who can shoot nowadays, would not be surprised if he ends up in the lottery.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Barf. Just looked at Duke's schedule, and for the next 3 weeks we have: Stetson, Hartford, Yale, and Princeton... next competitive game won't be until December 20th against Texas Tech (Madison Square Garden)... then another two weeks til we play again. The dreaded lull of mid-majors coupled with the semester break is upon us.

Reactions: tw3301
Barf. Just looked at Duke's schedule, and for the next 3 weeks we have: Stetson, Hartford, Yale, and Princeton... next competitive game won't be until December 20th against Texas Tech (Madison Square Garden)... then another two weeks til we play again. The dreaded lull of mid-majors coupled with the semester break is upon us.

After the sloppy play we saw last night and the skid that Cam has hit it might be best for these young guys in the end. More court time to work on things and gel as a team. I wish we played stronger competition to but this happens every year around this time.

Reactions: dukedevilz
What does UK have to do with my post
I assume you feel IU will be an 8/9 seed---correct? We lost by 21. Kentucky lost to them by 34, on a neutral floor. And it could have been 50. Figure if you see IU as an 8/9, then by those metrics, UK's around a 14?

Its one game. Just like your game tonight.

One game.

I assume you feel IU will be an 8/9 seed---correct? We lost by 21. Kentucky lost to them by 34, on a neutral floor. And it could have been 50. Figure if you see IU as an 8/9, then by those metrics, UK's around a 14?

Its one game. Just like your game tonight.

One game.

That’s a stupid way to look at things (comparing single games).

Indiana looks like a borderline top 25 team. 29-37. I think that’s about where Indiana will be. Between 20-35

Indiana could be as high as a 6 or 7 seed but saying 8/9 shouldn’t offend you.

Last edited:
Ryan Cline superior----Or Nojel Eastern superior? Could you be more specific?

You have turned into such a huge troll Borden. I hate to have to do this to you friend.

Points per game
Cline 14.3
Langford 17.7

Offensive Rating
Cline 129.6
Langford 111.0

True Shooting %
Cline .594
Romeo Langford .543

Box +/-
Cline 9.0
Langford 6.1

Win shares /40
Cline .212
Langford .210

Assists / Turnovers
Cline 22 / 9
Langford 17 / 17

That’s a stupid way to look at things (comparing single games).

Indiana looks like a borderline top 25 team. 29-37. I think that’s about where Indiana will be. Between 20-35

Indiana could be as high as a 6 or 7 seed but saying 8/9 shouldn’t offend you.
It didn't offend me. And yeah, i agree. The transitive property in sports, is generally wrong. i was just curious.

Thanks for answering.

You have turned into such a huge troll Borden. I hate to have to do this to you friend.

Points per game
Cline 14.3
Langford 17.7

Offensive Rating
Cline 129.6
Langford 111.0

True Shooting %
Cline .594
Romeo Langford .543

Box +/-
Cline 9.0
Langford 6.1

Win shares /40
Cline .212
Langford .210

Assists / Turnovers
Cline 22 / 9
Langford 17 / 17
Just stop, dude.

Just stop, dude.

What did you think about that game anyways? I went in early and streamed it at work until about midway through the first half or so. Seemed pretty obvious Duke was going to win big and that Romeo Langford was going to struggle against a good defensive team.

What did you think about that game anyways? I went in early and streamed it at work until about midway through the first half or so. Seemed pretty obvious Duke was going to win big and that Romeo Langford was going to struggle against a good defensive team.
I thought we looked bad. I thought Langford was just fine. Go to the rim when he wanted; 10 FTA's. Forced some shots. Still for struggling, he had 13 and 6. As a frosh, on the road, versus a really good team; And not to mention, re-injuring his hand. Well, I'll take that. I don't think he struggled. I just think he missed some shots.

I thought we looked bad. I thought Langford was just fine. Go to the rim when he wanted; 10 FTA's. Forced some shots. Still for struggling, he had 13 and 6. As a frosh, on the road, versus a really good team; And not to mention, re-injuring his hand. Well, I'll take that. I don't think he struggled. I just think he missed some shots.

Borden come on lol. He scored 13 points on 15 field goal attempts. You are in too deep here and trying to save face.

Borden come on lol. He scored 13 points on 15 field goal attempts. You are in too deep here and trying to save face.
Yeah, you are right...He stinks, bro. Any chance Purdue would trade Cline or Eastern for him? Any chance? Any at all?

Who do you think is having the better season?

Player A
15.7 pts 5.8 rebs 1.2 assists
29.6 PER
.626 True Shooting %
126.0 Offensive Rating on 28.5 usage
12.2 Box +/-

Player B
17.7 pts 5.9 rebs 2.4 assists
20.4 PER
.546 True Shooting %
111.0 offensive rating on 26.8 usage
6.1 Box +/-

A

He shot 15 times

Yeah, you are right...He stinks, bro. Any chance Purdue would trade Cline or Eastern for him? Any chance? Any at all?

I certainly wouldnt. Id trade for Juwan Morgan. Id trade for Al JAMIN. Im not trading for a guard who cant shoot. Thats only going to be exploited further in conference play when coaches actually have opponent specific game plans.

I certainly wouldnt. Id trade for Juwan Morgan. Id trade for Al JAMIN. Im not trading for a guard who cant shoot. Thats only going to be exploited further in conference play when coaches actually have opponent specific game plans.
Probably so. Miller should yank his scholly. Are at least bench him. I mean, if we only had a freshman guard wo was leading the team in scoring, second in revounding and second in assists. Oh well...maybe next year.

He shot 15 times
Ok. I mean, he had too. Morgan goes out early with 2 fouls. Then Davis picks up his second. He forced some things. Got caught in some situations where IU was standing around, expecting Langford to beat Duke all by himself. Kid isn't prone to having a bad game. And if his bad games are 13 and 6...I'm fine with that.

"To deep"? What does this mean? He's averaging 18ppg...6 rebounds and 2.5 assists. I mean aside from his shooting being bad, right now, what is it that I'm "too deep:, for?

Ok. I mean, he had too. Morgan goes out early with 2 fouls. Then Davis picks up his second. He forced some things. Got caught in some situations where IU was standing around, expecting Langford to beat Duke all by himself. Kid isn't prone to having a bad game. And if his bad games are 13 and 6...I'm fine with that.

13 points on 15 shots is inefficient

He shot 15 times
Thats a half for Barrett. I mean Barrett has taken 54 more shots than Langford(144-90). Yet only averages 4 more points a game. Anf Langford is a better shooter from 2(46%-42%). So Langford had a tough night. It's cool. He'll be ok.

13 points on 15 shots is inefficient
Agree. Never said he had an efficient night. I said he looked just fine. And he did. Got to the rim. Finished. Or got fouled. Hit 7/10 from the line. Struggled again with his outside shot. No big deal. He'll get it going.

Probably so. Miller should yank his scholly. Are at least bench him. I mean, if we only had a freshman guard wo was leading the team in scoring, second in revounding and second in assists. Oh well...maybe next year.

Lol

Thats a half for Barrett. I mean Barrett has taken 54 more shots than Langford(144-90). Yet only averages 4 more points a game. Anf Langford is a better shooter from 2(46%-42%). So Langford had a tough night. It's cool. He'll be ok.

I was just talking about you saying 13 points on 15 shots is fine. That’s a bad scoring night.

I know, man. Its rough. If only we had a kid who's averaging 6ppg and 4 rebounds. And who's shooting 33% from the free throw line. But hey, we all cant be as lucky to have a kid like Nojel Eastern.

You have the worst guard in the Big Ten and possibly the nation at shooting.

I would love to, but I've got my family's xmas party this Saturday. It was always a big deal to my dad, so since he's passed, its always a big deal to my mom that the kids show up with their families. Do you have any other games in the Clark or floyd county area soon?
I'm at New Albany on Dec 7th.

You have the worst guard in the Big Ten and possibly the nation at shooting.
I know he is trolling---Or well, so I hope. When Langfords shot starts to fall---and it will, he'll run and hide. Eastern is a decent player. He is. But sheesh...Saying he's better than Langford is beyond ridiculous. SO ridiculous that I honestly HOPE he's trolling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT