ADVERTISEMENT

Duke @ Clemson

5a63f56e1dab6.image.jpg

Good win for Duke on the road against a tough Clemson team.

Duke is now the only ACC team that can surpass UVA in the standings.

Only down 3 games with 4 to play.

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball

Yeah, a stretch at best to catch Virginia. However Duke is starting to find a rhythm right now. Having to find ways without Bagley has helped some guys in the team. Would rather he be playing though.

Reactions: Wojoman

Duke fans don’t care about the ACC regular season, just the tournament or so I’ve been told.

Reactions: Quavarius
Yeah, a stretch at best to catch Virginia. However Duke is starting to find a rhythm right now. Having to find ways without Bagley has helped some guys in the team. Would rather he be playing though.
Denn, in your opinion there is absolutely no chance Duval could return next year, right?

Not Denn but no, it isn't happening. He will be drafted on measureables and athleticism alone.
If he can learn to make the simple plays...simple, he will be a very good player at the next level imo. Should thrive in the open spaces of an NBA floor. Only if he becomes more sound with the ball.

Take the under.
Thanks, Denn. Just wondered what your take was. I really don’t know what to make of him as a next level prospect. His leaping ability is great, but I don’t see that overwhelming athletic quickness you see from a (pre-injury) D Rose or Westbrook. I know nobody is expecting MVP caliber career from him, but he’s got to learn to shoot.

Anyway, interesting that Grayson is averaging 26 ppg without Bagley (including MSU)

He is a guy who has been here longer, has more posts, and has more likes. He literally matters more than you in every measurable way this forum has to offer.
Post to like ratio sucks. Almost as bad as his username.

Was it really THAT good without Shelton Mitchell or Dante Grantham?

Reactions: heelpharm

While injuries certainly suck, and Duke fans are allot well familiar with them, and having one of the best players in the country out injuries it’s a good win on the road. Any road win is a good one. Clemson was short handed, sure. But I’ll take that win every day.

It was a road conference win against a top 25 team and the first home loss of the season for Clemson, plus Bagley was out for Duke. I think I'll take it considering how difficult it has been to win on the road this season.

While injuries certainly suck, and Duke fans are allot well familiar with them, and having one of the best players in the country out injuries it’s a good win on the road. Any road win is a good one. Clemson was short handed, sure. But I’ll take that win every day.

It was a road conference win against a top 25 team and the first home loss of the season for Clemson, plus Bagley was out for Duke. I think I'll take it considering how difficult it has been to win on the road this season.

Obviously all road wins are good wins. I don’t care if a team is missing all five starters, I would still take the road win.

Just was saying, seems hard to really get a gauge in how impressive the win was, as Clemson just doesn’t have the depth to withstand two of their top 2-3 guys being out. It’s not like y’all who can replace one 5 star starter with another.

Obviously all road wins are good wins. I don’t care if a team is missing all five starters, I would still take the road win.

Just was saying, seems hard to really get a gauge in how impressive the win was, as Clemson just doesn’t have the depth to withstand two of their top 2-3 guys being out. It’s not like y’all who can replace one 5 star starter with another.

Sorry man, but no one felt sorry for Duke when we had injured players, no depth or only 8 players.

Yea, we can replace one 5 star with another, but as you can see, it's still not easy since we've lost 5 games. We need continuity going into the tournament and experience for our younger guys. Again, no one feels sorry for Duke so it's kinda tough to ask Duke fans to discount this win because Clemson was down 2 players.

But I do hate injuries to key players on ANY team. But let's be consistent and give all teams the benefit of the doubt when they have key injuries.

Thanks, Denn. Just wondered what your take was. I really don’t know what to make of him as a next level prospect. His leaping ability is great, but I don’t see that overwhelming athletic quickness you see from a (pre-injury) D Rose or Westbrook. I know nobody is expecting MVP caliber career from him, but he’s got to learn to shoot.

Anyway, interesting that Grayson is averaging 26 ppg without Bagley (including MSU)
I think Duval is playing tentative at times. Gets him in tough spots where he often makes bad turnovers. His athleticism is more than enough for the next level and he is long. He just needs to see and feel the game much better than he has shown imo. He is very young though.

Allen needs to play every minute of close games IMO. Whether Marvin is playing or not. The offense is pretty bad when he goes to the bench.

Sorry man, but no one felt sorry for Duke when we had injured players, no depth or only 8 players.

Yea, we can replace one 5 star with another, but as you can see, it's still not easy since we've lost 5 games. We need continuity going into the tournament and experience for our younger guys. Again, no one feels sorry for Duke so it's kinda tough to ask Duke fans to discount this win because Clemson was down 2 players.

Who feels sorry for Clemson? I sure don’t. All I’m saying is, the committee values wins against teams with starters out differently than when teams are at full strength. They’ve said that time and time again.

I didn’t ask Duke fans to feel anything toward Clemson. All I asked was if it really was THAT good of a win due to the injuries. It was still a solid win.

Who feels sorry for Clemson? I sure don’t. All I’m saying is, the committee values wins against teams with starters out differently than when teams are at full strength. They’ve said that time and time again.

I didn’t ask Duke fans to feel anything toward Clemson. All I asked was if it really was THAT good of a win due to the injuries. It was still a solid win.

Eh I would say no Grantham equals no Bagley- not Duke's fault Clemson does not have as much depth as Duke...

Sucks for Clemson but that's bball- hopefully their starting PG can return this season.

I don’t know why everyone keeps trying to make this about Clemson. Other than Clemson fans, I doubt any fan cares that they are missing multiple starters.

But the committee definitely looks at that stuff. That’s all I’m saying.

Reactions: Noahtogo24

I agree it was a good win regardless of who Clemson had. This idea that Duke ever lacks depth is absurd though. I know K likes to put that out there but when he does he generally has guys that would play and contribute for other big time programs languishing on the bench. That is also just fine. He has done well with that philosophy. He has and almost always has depth though. It just isn't developed.

Reactions: GE Nole
ADVERTISEMENT