ADVERTISEMENT

Duke @ Clemson

Who feels sorry for Clemson? I sure don’t. All I’m saying is, the committee values wins against teams with starters out differently than when teams are at full strength. They’ve said that time and time again.

I didn’t ask Duke fans to feel anything toward Clemson. All I asked was if it really was THAT good of a win due to the injuries. It was still a solid win.

Yes, because it was on the road and Duke was without the probable ACC POY and possible NPOY in Marvin Bagley.

Didn't FSU beat this same Clemson team? Was it that good of a win due to the injuries?

Yes, because it was on the road and Duke was without the probable ACC POY and possible NPOY in Marvin Bagley.

Didn't FSU beat this same Clemson team? Was it that good of a win due to the injuries?

Clemson was only missing Grantham when FSU beat them. But it was at home so, while a needed win, it wasn't THAT good.

I think some of y'all are not understanding my all caps use of "THAT." The emphasis is the difference between being a good win, which it was, versus an @UVA level of win.

Clemson was only missing Grantham when FSU beat them. But it was at home so, while a needed win, it wasn't THAT good.

I think some of y'all are not understanding my all caps use of "THAT." The emphasis is the difference between being a good win, which it was, versus an @UVA level of win.

A UVA fan said it was a good win, Duke fans said it was a good win. YOU are the only one dismissing it. Ok, you don't think it was THAT good of a win. We do. Agree to disagree.

Reactions: denniden
A UVA fan said it was a good win, Duke fans said it was a good win. YOU are the only one dismissing it. Ok, you don't think it was THAT good of a win. We do. Agree to disagree.
I think you eluded to it earlier in this thread. This was a good win for Duke and it’s goal of improving certain aspects of the team. Defensively especially. Which they did against Clemson. Duke was having trouble stopping anyone healthy or not for a large portion of this season.

I get what GE Nole is saying and he is not wrong with how he is viewing it, but I think he is misinterpreting why we as Duke fans think this was a good win for Duke. Has very little to do with ranking, rpi, etc...

A UVA fan said it was a good win, Duke fans said it was a good win. YOU are the only one dismissing it. Ok, you don't think it was THAT good of a
I think you eluded to it earlier in this thread. This was a good win for Duke and it’s goal of improving certain aspects of the team. Defensively especially. Which they did against Clemson. Duke was having trouble stopping anyone healthy or not for a large portion of this season.

I get what GE Nole is saying and he is not wrong with how he is viewing it, but I think he is misinterpreting why we as Duke fans think this was a good win for Duke. Has very little to do with ranking, rpi, etc...

Makes sense. Nice explanation.

ADVERTISEMENT