ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats UNC

Just talking about the current millennium. Sounds like you’re upset about your mid major status.
UK did kick ass in the peach basket era, congratulations on your dusty ass trophy’s.

....if your gonna attempt a good comeback, try being at least factually accurate. Problem is, you can't.

8>5, dipshit. Timeframing.... again, a loser's argument. No wonder it's your go-to tactic.

I don't really care about the argument too much as I've stated UK is historically the best program ever but if we are talking about being correct I don't quite understand the 8>5 reference here tbh.

Reactions: AWilli6995
....if your gonna attempt a good comeback, try being at least factually accurate. Problem is, you can't.
What am I inaccurate about?
4 of your titles came before segregation.
UK won 4 titles in the 40s & 50s
1 in 70s
2 in 90s
1 in 2000s.
It’s slowly going down hill for you guys.

I don't really care about the argument too much as I've stated UK is historically the best program ever but if we are talking about being correct I don't quite understand the 8>5 reference here tbh.
Stuck in the past.. doesn’t realize UNC has 6

...or doesn't care. Fact remains 8>6, too. Titles won under 4 different coaches too.
That’s impressive. Just out of curiosity, are all 4 of those coaches honored in Rupp Arena?
Obviously I know Cal isn’t, how about the other 3?

That’s impressive. Just out of curiosity, are all 4 of those coaches honored in Rupp Arena?
Obviously I know Cal isn’t, how about the other 3?
typical UNc fan. Moving the goal posts when necessary. All time only matters when it benefits UNc. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Reactions: JC for 3

I agree. You can’t take anything away from UK with the titles they won 50+ years ago. I do bag on them about that every now and then but they count. Had UNC won titles in that era I brag about it.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I don’t know how this thread turned into an all-time pissing match. I don’t know a lot of UNC fans who claim to be number 1 all time. I think there’s a solid case for number 2 and I’m okay with admitting that.

I guess it started with Jimbo hitting the sauce a little early yesterday?

Are you forgetting Tubby?
He won a championship at UK but isn’t in the rafters. Why is that?

......he's not retired from coaching yet. His day is coming. Cal isn't in the rafters yet either, but your attempt to go down this road again remains a lame attempt.

criteria for jersey retirement is 1.) must be in UK Athletics Hall of Fame to be considered; 2.) are not eligible for jersey retirement until 10 years after you've departed UK. Tubby left Kentucky in 2007 and was enshrined in the UK Athletics H of F in 2013

......he's not retired from coaching yet. His day is coming. Cal isn't in the rafters yet either, but your attempt to go down this road again remains a lame attempt.
Stop lying. Being retired from coaching is not one of the criteria’s for being honored.

....so when faced w/facts, divert to something irrelevant. Got it.
like diverting to how UK has had 4 diff coaches win championship when faced with the fact that UK only has 1 championship since the calendars rolled over into this millinium.

And then acting like using the changing of millenniums, something that only happens every 1000 years and only twice ever in written history, as cherry picking time frames. Guess it’s just all time or nothing for you then?

The year 2000 will be used as reference for the change of an era for the rest of our lives, and probably long after just because it’s that rare.

I guess it does kind of suck though for uk winning it in 96 and 98and not 2000 and 2001, just bc despite only a couple years apart 1996/1998 will obv never be part of this millinium, when the actual difference is only a couple years.

I had to edit the hell out of this so it might make zero sense.

Last edited:
like diverting to how UK has had 4 diff coaches win championship when faced with the fact that UK only has 1 championship since the calendars rolled over into this millinium.

And then acting like using the changing of millenniums, something that only happens every 1000 years and only twice ever in written history, as cherry picking time frames.

The year 2000 will be used as reference for the change of an era for the rest of our lives, and probably long after just because it’s that rare.

I guess it does kind of suck though for uk winning it in 99 and not 2000. Y’all are the Last team to win a natty last millinium though I guess, and no one can ever take that away from UK.
UK didn’t win the championship in 1999

I don’t know how this thread turned into an all-time pissing match. I don’t know a lot of UNC fans who claim to be number 1 all time. I think there’s a solid case for number 2 and I’m okay with admitting that.

I guess it started with Jimbo hitting the sauce a little early yesterday?

Yeah, I think it is pretty clearly UK at 1 and UNC at 2.

I only jumped in because it was humorous for the UK guy to harp about facts in a post where he didn't post accurate facts. This is the same silly argument, among many, that has been carried on here time after time that never leads to anything.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
UK didn’t win the championship in 1999
My mistake? Was it 97 and 98. I know Pitino won one then tubby won one with pitinos players but don’t remember if it was back to back or a year in between. Regardless the fact still remains, 3 in 24 sounds a helluva lot better than 1 in 21 but again, the changing of millenniums is kind of a big deal when talking about different eras in history.
I’ll edit my other post.

My mistake? Was it 97 and 98. I know Pitino won one then tubby won one with pitinos players but don’t remember if it was back to back or a year in between. Regardless the fact still remains, 3 in 24 sounds a helluva lot better than 1 in 21 but again, the changing of millenniums is kind of a big deal when talking about different eras in history.
I’ll edit my other post.
They actually won it in 96 & 98.

ok I was 11 in 96 so needless to say I don’t remember much about those teams. Back to the edit button smdh. I’ll see myself out since I’m gettin more ish wrong than anyone and I’m not really even in the convo.

Just thought the irony was hilarious in dudes post about bringing up “something irrelevant when faced with facts” when he started the diversions in the first place.

Reactions: uncfan in ky

And then acting like using the changing of millenniums, something that only happens every 1000 years and only twice ever in written history, as cherry picking time frames. Guess it’s just all time or nothing for you then?

I guess it does kind of suck though for uk winning it in 96 and 98and not 2000 and 2001, just bc despite only a couple years apart 1996/1998 will obv never be part of this millinium, when the actual difference is only a couple years.

I had to edit the hell out of this so it might make zero sense.

Yes, it's all-time or nothing. You're either a program with a history of storied success (i.e #1 in all time wins) or you're not. Pointing to a little segment in time and trying to make it bigger or better than a program that has ALL TIME stats to back them is both futile and stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT