ADVERTISEMENT

How bad a loss was that for Pitt today?

GE Nole

Sep 12, 2005
Pitt is a probable bubble team and they just took a loss to an FSU team that’s sub-200 in the NET coming into today. @HailToPitt725 what the heck happened? Just an off day?

Yes, FSU is obviously better with Baba Miller out of NCAA jail and Chandler Jackson getting healthy. Shocker, two top 100 recruits makes a team better. But dang, that could be an NCAA tourney costing loss right there.

Personally, I hope y’all can make it. Jeff Capel has done a nice job bringing y’all back from the Stallings disaster.

Reactions: PA_Panther
Pitt is a probable bubble team and they just took a loss to an FSU team that’s sub-200 in the NET coming into today. @HailToPitt725 what the heck happened? Just an off day?

Yes, FSU is obviously better with Baba Miller out of NCAA jail and Chandler Jackson getting healthy. Shocker, two top 100 recruits makes a team better. But dang, that could be an NCAA tourney costing loss right there.

Personally, I hope y’all can make it. Jeff Capel has done a nice job bringing y’all back from the Stallings disaster.
@PA_Panther can give his thoughts as well, but from my perspective, you guys made a ridiculous amount of shots today while we were quite cold in certain stretches in the game. Simply got outplayed and weren’t able to do enough to close the gap.

Personally, I’ve been a little skeptical about this team all season. Feels like we’re more of a pretender than a contender when it comes to earning a bid. I hope we can make the tournament, but we have little margin for error moving forward. Our best hope is that FSU turns it around and this ends up as a Quad 3 loss.

Reactions: PA_Panther
Today was a bad loss but it’s not really back breaking. FSU is going to win some games and end up at worse being a quad 3 L.

From todays game, FSU lived by the 3 hitting their first 6-7 and Pitt died from it. Early in the SC, open, it didn’t matter outside of Hinson.. it wasn’t going in. It was frustrating today because a lot of the looks have been made all year long.

FSU tried to hand the game multiple times to Pitt and whether it was turnovers, offensive fouls they couldn’t capitalize. There was 3-straight possessions where it was a one-score game under 4 mins left and Pitt had the ball… Capel had 3 timeouts and didn’t use one.. each possession ended with him yelling at an official because he’s a dumbass.

I had some fun in the ACC thread I made after beating UNC and Virginia but I truly don’t think this Pitt team is that good. I certainly don’t think they are well coached. I do think though they are very talented. However, have no depth and essentially are playing 6 guys and a 7th plays six mins a game to spell the center.

They to me are like a Mark Gottfried NC State team. We’re gonna beat the best and lose to the worst. Capel would have been a hell of an NBA coach with how his offenses are designed. Shitty high ball screen to initiate the set, one pass with a bunch of standing around and then some iso ball.

With all that being said, I really really really like next years recruiting class with Dior Johnson returning from “suspension” and still think that Capel should be back next year for as much as I dislike his actual coaching.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
@PA_Panther can give his thoughts as well, but from my perspective, you guys made a ridiculous amount of shots today while we were quite cold in certain stretches in the game. Simply got outplayed and weren’t able to do enough to close the gap.

Personally, I’ve been a little skeptical about this team all season. Feels like we’re more of a pretender than a contender when it comes to earning a bid. I hope we can make the tournament, but we have little margin for error moving forward. Our best hope is that FSU turns it around and this ends up as a Quad 3 loss.

Some of the turnaround jumpers by Cleveland were sort of out of character, although I will admit his jumper has improved. Not that much though.

But Darin Green is just an assassin. The step back was a high degree of difficulty, but on most of his shots, y’all gave him too much space, period. That dude might be the best pure shooter in the league.

Seemed like y’all let off the gas a little when it was 15-5 and it seemed like it would be an easy day at the office. Hard to flip the switch again once it’s been let down. Although I will say that when you took that 50-45 lead in the early second I thought it was about to be a wrap.

Today was a bad loss but it’s not really back breaking. FSU is going to win some games and end up at worse being a quad 3 L.

From todays game, FSU lived by the 3 hitting their first 6-7 and Pitt died from it. Early in the SC, open, it didn’t matter outside of Hinson.. it wasn’t going in. It was frustrating today because a lot of the looks have been made all year long.

FSU tried to hand the game multiple times to Pitt and whether it was turnovers, offensive fouls they couldn’t capitalize. There was 3-straight possessions where it was a one-score game under 4 mins left and Pitt had the ball… Capel had 3 timeouts and didn’t use one.. each possession ended with him yelling at an official because he’s a dumbass.

I had some fun in the ACC thread I made after beating UNC and Virginia but I truly don’t think this Pitt team is that good. I certainly don’t think they are well coached. I do think though they are very talented. However, have no depth and essentially are playing 6 guys and a 7th plays six mins a game to spell the center.

They to me are like a Mark Gottfried NC State team. We’re gonna beat the best and lose to the worst. Capel would have been a hell of an NBA coach with how his offenses are designed. Shitty high ball screen to initiate the set, one pass with a bunch of standing around and then some iso ball.

With all that being said, I really really really like next years recruiting class with Dior Johnson returning from “suspension” and still think that Capel should be back next year for as much as I dislike his actual coaching.

Hmm, Mark Gottfried teams are a pretty good comparison. Nice.

Although regarding the Quad ranking, we’d have to be top 75 to be a Q2 loss. That seems…not possible. So Q3 loss would be best case scenario, not worst case scenario.

ADVERTISEMENT