ADVERTISEMENT

Braggin' Rights is back

Mizzou has a chance in that game

Illinois is good but not Top 5 good.
Illinois played a great 35 minutes and a terrible 5 minutes against Baylor, and Kofi Cockburn was in foul trouble the whole game. The score does not indicate how close that game was and if Kofi didn’t get in foul trouble it could have been a different story.

Baylor is really fvcking good, it’s themand the Zags at the top, but who besides those 2 are clearly over Illinois.

Illinois played a great 35 minutes and a terrible 5 minutes against Baylor, and Kofi Cockburn was in foul trouble the whole game. The score does not indicate how close that game was and if Kofi didn’t get in foul trouble it could have been a different story.

Baylor is really fvcking good, it’s themand the Zags at the top, but who besides those 2 are clearly over Illinois.

We saw two different games.

I saw a team being coached up and fighting way harder than the other. When Baylor started fighting Illinois disappeared

They did make some great shots and a lot of teams would have been down by 20.
But Illinois still hasn't proven to me to be a Final 4 contender.

We saw two different games.

I saw a team being coached up and fighting way harder than the other. When Baylor started fighting Illinois disappeared

They did make some great shots and a lot of teams would have been down by 20.
But Illinois still hasn't proven to me to be a Final 4 contender.

how many final 4 contenders do you see?

3 legit ones right now
Gonzaga, Villanova and Baylor
Then 7-8 others who could make it

Interested in seeing Illinois in the B1G
Have a feeling they start to skip.

Villanova? You mean the team that barely got by ASU and Texas?

giphy.gif

who are the other 7-8?

From what we have seen.

Iowa
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Kansas
West Virginia
Texas
Houston

Illinois is in the next group. With Texas Tech , Creighton, Ohio St, Michigan, Virginia and a few others.

Duke isn't a Top 25 team right now

Illinois is going to prove who they are the next month.

This game against Missouri is a good start

Mizzou has a lot to prove

• Haha
Reactions: Jaycg15
Buford had a hard on for Illinois. Ignore him. Not worth having a discussion with someone who is arguing with feelings.

Illinois is a top ten team. Underwood teams get stronger as the season goes. They played with Baylor the entire way, but Baylor is a class above every team not Gonzaga.

Hitting you with the truth

Underwood coached up that team. They were playing like they had something to prove...

But when Baylor turned in on Illinois was no where to be seen.

So your point about Baylor being that much above everyone else or even Illinois proving to be a Top 10 team isn't based on anything yet

Not enough games.

I do believe Baylor is a legit Final 4 team but Baylor is going to take a some losses in the Big 12.

Illinois definitely will once the B1G schedule starts. I see them falling out of the Top 10 pretty soon.

Reactions: JDMEvergreen
Sinking ship? Decent start so far
This is what Cuonzo does. He has 1 good year every few years then he goes back to the bubble (usually the wrong side). Next year, Mizzou will be awful again. This season, he'll likely slide them in as an 8 or 9 seed.

You do know what turned up Baylor...

Was when #45? Hawkins ripped the ball from Mitchell

Scott Drew called a time out and after that Baylor was getting the ball everytime there was no possession.

To say Illinois played with Baylor...

Just basketball. Legit teams have a gear that others can't reach

The difference between Duke and Baylor. Duke doesn't have the experience on the court to withstand that.

Baylor did and then when Baylor turned it up Illinois disappeared

Baylor just needed 3 minutes to beat Illinois

Love the FF talk in a thread like this.

I have seen nearly 0 games this year.

Baylor have great guard play? I assume they do. I respect 75% of the field it feels pretty crazy to be carving out FF probability the first week of December no?

There are very few people I root against especially since this has been such a tough year. The HC @ Baylor has lost to Yale and GA St in the NCAAs. Maybe those teams weren't his best. I know he has reached the E8 a few times. He's done a solid job would be a nice break through year if they got there, but keep in mind he's yet to do it and they are probably carrying a 1 or 2 seed into the post season - there is some pressure with that coming with it.

The B10 is just loaded. The top tier teams will show who they are, I would not underestimate any mid-pack team from that league that gets a bid.

Lol. KenPom doesn't mean shit the first part of the season, and KenPom says as much. Illinois being below 6 Big 12 teams is a perfect example. Thanks for bringing that up.

Baylor is the class of the Big 12, and it's really not even close. Texas is going to do what it's always done. West Virginia is okay, but they're nothing special they can't shoot. Kansas is good, but not on that level.

Reactions: Illinifans217
This is what Cuonzo does. He has 1 good year every few years then he goes back to the bubble (usually the wrong side). Next year, Mizzou will be awful again. This season, he'll likely slide them in as an 8 or 9 seed.

He hasn’t even been at one school for more than three years.

From what we have seen.

Iowa
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Kansas
West Virginia
Texas
Houston

Illinois is in the next group. With Texas Tech , Creighton, Ohio St, Michigan, Virginia and a few others.

MSU struggled with Duke more than Illinois did, and we’ve not played great against some cupcakes. I don’t think we’re an amazing team right now.

Reactions: RichardMassive
MSU struggled with Duke more than Illinois did, and we’ve not played great against some cupcakes. I don’t think we’re an amazing team right now.
Stop it. He's got a narrative and a hardon for Underwood. Don't ruin it for him.

Can’t wait for KU to start playing Missouri again. I’ve missed talking trash to those mulletheads.

From what we have seen.

Iowa
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Kansas
West Virginia
Texas
Houston

I’d bet Illinois finishes above 2 or more of those teams if your boomer-ass believes that.

What exactly do you consider verifiable proof?

Play on the court...

Good team. Could be in the mix on the second weekend.

Going to find life tough in the B1G this season.
As of right now I have them going into the tournament as a 3-5.

I don't think they are good enough to get through the B1G and end up a 1-2.

So they may find themselves in the same bracket as a Baylor, Villanova or Gonzaga.

Play on the court...

So they may find themselves in the same bracket as a Baylor, Villanova or Gonzaga.

My point is what has MSU or Wisconsin shown you this year that is verifiable proof they are legit but Illinois isn’t?

My point is what has MSU or Wisconsin shown you this year that is verifiable proof they are legit but Illinois isn’t?

Track record does come into play.

Both teams know who they are and know what they have to do to win.
Wisconsin has older guards and pretty much besides Michigan St represents B1G basketball.

Michigan State has showed regardless of seed they will be a threat
So how they finish in the B1G isn't as important as others.

Reactions: JDMEvergreen
Track record does come into play.

Both teams know who they are and know what they have to do to win.
Wisconsin has older guards and pretty much besides Michigan St represents B1G basketball.

Michigan State has showed regardless of seed they will be a threat
So how they finish in the B1G isn't as important as others.

That is your “verifiable proof” that those teams are contenders in 2020/21 but Illinois isn’t?

Play on the court...

Who in the Big 10 do you tihnk is better? MSU, Iowa or Wisconsin?

Have you even watched Illinois play, outside of the Baylor game? BTW, that game was tied with 12 minutes to go....A 3 point game around 10 minutes...Baylor went a 9-0 spurt, that pretty much iced the game....Its not as if Baylor just steamed rolled Illinois, dude. Not to mention, Kofi being in foul trouble.

There are not, nor will there be, 15+ better teams than Illinois....They are as good as anyone.

Reactions: Illinifans217
There aren't many teams who can match the efficiency that Villanova has on offense plus combine that with rebounding and a great defense.

Legit Final 4 team this year.

Way better than Illinois for that matter.

they’re definitely putting up a final four worthy performance against that juggernaut Georgetown program so far 😒

ADVERTISEMENT