ADVERTISEMENT

Big news brewing in Lexington today

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s huge for Kentucky next season. Need some key guys to stay with our other incoming recruits. If Sharpe comes back, yeesh.
The weakest length of your program has still not been addressed
If Sharpe comes back they can carry Cal to a title together. Arguably the best two players in the country on the same team. Big if, but not impossible.
it sharpe doesn’t play cal should be fired for cause over essentially wasting money on a guy that was never going to suit up.

How bad does it make Bob Huggins look that a scrub like Cal turned his leftovers into NPOY?
giphy.gif

Pretty sure he was big 12 newcomer of the year and all big 12 as a freshman.

He's the exact same player as he was at WVU. Added nothing to his game. Only difference is he isnt sharing time with another 1st team all conference player at his position.

Nice try tho...

it sharpe doesn’t play cal should be fired for cause over essentially wasting money on a guy that was never going to suit up.
To your second point, a lot of fans blame Cal for not playing him but I think that's unfair. If the kid says he's not playing during the season, what was Cal supposed to do? Do you say no to the number one recruit in the country because he might not play? No. You take him and if he and his camp decide he's going to play, thats your opportunity.

Cal deserves a ton of criticism from the past two seasons, but not playing Sharpe isn't on the list.

it sharpe doesn’t play cal should be fired for cause over essentially wasting money on a guy that was never going to suit up
If he does decide to come back, then you guys can fight it out for 2nd place in the SEC. He has already signed up for fall classes according to twitter. Oscar is in his ear now.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
To your second point, a lot of fans blame Cal for not playing him but I think that's unfair. If the kid says he's not playing during the season, what was Cal supposed to do? Do you say no to the number one recruit in the country because he might not play? No. You take him and if he and his camp decide he's going to play, thats your opportunity.

Cal deserves a ton of criticism from the past two seasons, but not playing Sharpe isn't on the list.
Why take him if he isn’t going to play? Cal already paid for enes kanter to get a free year at Kentucky. A scholarship accepted is a commitment to play. Unless he is or physically caNnot he shouldn’t be allowed to be there if he accepting his end of what a scholarship is

If he does decide to come back, then you guys can fight it out for 2nd place in the SEC. He has already signed up for fall classes according to twitter. Oscar is in his ear now.
I am not conceding a loss to Kentucky at all. Auburn is going to have some dudes as well.

He's the exact same player as he was at WVU. Added nothing to his game. Only difference is he isnt sharing time with another 1st team all conference player at his position.

Nice try tho...
And the reason he is coming back is because the nba isn’t exactly enthralled with him

Nice try tho...
Newcomer of the year is an award for transfers ya big dummy. How would he win that as a true freshman? Hint: He didn't, and there is also a freshman of the year award (which he also didn't win).

2nd team Big 12, LOL. OH BOY!!!

Didn't even make 1st team in his conference, much less conference and national PoY. Same player though. 😂

I am not conceding a loss to Kentucky at all. Auburn is going to have some dudes as well.
We've got some very good experienced players returning including the consensus POY, 2 really good 5*'s and closing in on Antonio Reeves. Plus playing for the first time in an arena near you, probably the best shooter in college basketball. We don't just have some dudes, we're frigging loading up.

We've got some very good experienced players returning including the consensus POY, 2 really good 5*'s and closing in on Antonio Reeves. Plus playing for the first time in an arena near you, probably the best shooter in college basketball. We don't just have some dudes, we're frigging loading up.
Fire cal?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Well, players do improve. Frank Mason went from a no-name Towson commit to NPOY.

Kentucky has always been loading up. Talent hasn’t ever been your issue. Still have not addressed your problem

Why take him if he isn’t going to play? Cal already paid for enes kanter to get a free year at Kentucky. A scholarship accepted is a commitment to play. Unless he is or physically caNnot he shouldn’t be allowed to be there if he accepting his end of what a scholarship is
Cal doesn't use the scholarship guys he does have. So its kind of a mute point. It was very much a low risk, high reward play. The slim chance Sharpe suits up for college, I would rather it be at UK than somewhere else.

Reactions: cdbearde

I disagree with this. Cal should have seen this coming after the Jarrod Vanderbilt fiasco. I know he was hurt, but still....

Cal's first obligation is to the University of Kentucky. You find out upfront, without a doubt, if the kid is going to play or not. If he's not going to play you take a pass. That's my opinion. If Cal is as connected to the NBA as he would have us believe, he knew the odds of SS playing in 22-23 were almost non existent. Not with his draft projections.

Perhaps…

(Same as every other year)

I disagree with this. Cal should have seen this coming after the Jarrod Vanderbilt fiasco. I know he was hurt, but still....

Cal's first obligation is to the University of Kentucky. You find out upfront, without a doubt, if the kid is going to play or not. If he's not going to play you take a pass. That's my opinion. If Cal is as connected to the NBA as he would have us believe, he knew the odds of SS playing in 22-23 were almost non existent. Not with his draft projections.
It isn't like Cal was holding a spot for him and missed out on someone else though. Kid came in halfway through the season and at that point he became the 13th scholarship player. The first time since Cal has been at Kentucky that they've utilized all 13. He wasn't risking anything by taking Sharpe.

Reactions: cdbearde

Well, I guess the issue becomes if they were upfront with Cal or not. If they were, then I would totally agree with you. There would no point in bringing him in if he knew the kid would never play.

I'm just not sure Cal did know. I think the more likely scenario is that Sharpe and his handlers told Cal there is a chance he would play, starting in 22, depending on his draft stock. I have no way of proving this, just the most likely scenario I think. So obviously at that point, you take SS and if he plays, he's playing for Kentucky. If he doesn't play, so be it. No one else got to have him, either.

Reactions: RipThru
It isn't like Cal was holding a spot for him and missed out on someone else though. Kid came in halfway through the season and at that point he became the 13th scholarship player. The first time since Cal has been at Kentucky that they've utilized all 13. He wasn't risking anything by taking Sharpe.
That may be true, but the fact is he has opened himself up to all this criticism because of it. Hell, didn't Mitch allude to it?

Well, I guess the issue becomes if they were upfront with Cal or not. If they were, then I would totally agree with you. There would no point in bringing him in if he knew the kid would never play.

I'm just not sure Cal did know. I think the more likely scenario is that Sharpe and his handlers told Cal there is a chance he would play, starting in 22, depending on his draft stock. I have no way of proving this, just the most likely scenario I think. So obviously at that point, you take SS and if he plays, he's playing for Kentucky. If he doesn't play, so be it. No one else got to have him, either.
I understand your point, but I just don't think you let a recruit, his parents, his handlers or whoever dictate to you when you are the coach at the University of Kentucky.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I understand your point, but I just don't think you let a recruit, his parents, his handlers or whoever dictate to you when you are the coach at the University of Kentucky.
Definitely. I would have had a huge boner if Cal would have straight up said "we don't wait on players at UK"

He don't roll like that, though.

Reactions: RipThru
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT