ADVERTISEMENT

Best Self Proclaimed Poster on this Board.

Some are negative, some are positive, some are funny some are sour.

Its' all good man.

Ha, give me some suggestions. I've been a rum guy for years and just recently started trying some bourbon.
I like just about anything produced by Buffalo Trace. Eagle Rare, Blanton's, E.H. Taylor, Elmer T Lee. Those are all really good ones that won't break the bank. This is the distillery that also produces Pappy and George T Stagg but you'll never get them retail unless you win a lottery and the secondary prices go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up into 4 figures. I like Eagle Rare the best for the price, very good 10 year that tastes way more expensive than it is. You'll never find a bottle of the 17 year for under $1,200 though.

Reactions: UL_1986
I like just about anything produced by Buffalo Trace. Eagle Rare, Blanton's, E.H. Taylor, Elmer T Lee. Those are all really good ones that won't break the bank. This is the distillery that also produces Pappy and George T Stagg but you'll never get them retail unless you win a lottery and the secondary prices go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up into 4 figures. I like Eagle Rare the best for the price, very good 10 year that tastes way more expensive than it is. You'll never find a bottle of the 17 year for under $1,200 though.

Yeah, I am not paying a ton for something to drink. 30 or 40 a fifth is about all I'm willing to go. Maybe if I drank less, lol. Things in my range are 1792, Woodford, Old Forester 86, Larceny, etc.... What about just the regular Buffalo Trace? I've been considering that and/or these to get next: Legent, Basil Hayden, Knob Creek.

I'm a huge fan of Kentucky bourbon as well. Woodford or 1792 probably my favorite.

I’ve been drinking Red Breast 12. One of the smoothest Whiskeys I’ve ever had. Not Kentucky bourbon but would highly recommend.

Yeah, I'm adding anything anyone mentions to my list to see if they have here. I'll probably eventually try them all, haha.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Yeah, I am not paying a ton for something to drink. 30 or 40 a fifth is about all I'm willing to go. Maybe if I drank less, lol. Things in my range are 1792, Woodford, Old Forester 86, Larceny, etc.... What about just the regular Buffalo Trace? I've been considering that and/or these to get next: Legent, Basil Hayden, Knob Creek.
Buffalo Trace is really good in that price range. Eagle Rare is in that price range too. I love Basil Hayden's and Knob Creek. I've never had Legent, it's a product of Beam's sellout to the Japs. 😆

Buffalo Trace is really good in that price range. Eagle Rare is in that price range too. I love Basil Hayden's and Knob Creek. I've never had Legent, it's a product of Beam's sellout to the Japs. 😆

Have you ever made your own blend by taking a shot from various bottles and saving them? I've had a few friends do this and really enjoy it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Eagle 17 is the best bourbon hands down. Pvw is overrated asf.

Hmm, I can't say I have. Interesting idea though.

Yeah, I've started one. Every time I get a new bottle I just take 1.5 oz out and place it in an empty fifth. It is about a quarter full right now I would guess. It isn't really a true blend like bourbon aficionados would put together but should be interesting.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Yeah, I've started one. Every time I get a new bottle I just take 1.5 oz out and place it in an empty fifth. It is about a quarter full right now I would guess. It isn't really a true blend like bourbon aficionados would put together but should be interesting.
Nice, let us know how it turns out!

Breckenridge Bourbon/whiskey has impressed me. Had a few bottles lately. Worth a try.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT