ADVERTISEMENT

8 UNC @ 1 Duke game thread

Fair or foul?
IMG_9801.jpg
Beautiful.

Mailing it in already? You still have picks #2, #4, and a 1st round PG in the starting lineup. It's a huge loss, but there's no reason Duke shouldn't still be competing at the top.

Tre Jones shouldn't be a 1rst round pick. Dude is a poor mans version of his brother who can't get minutes on the soft as 1 ply Timberwolves.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Tre Jones shouldn't be a 1rst round pick. Dude is a poor mans version of his brother who can't get minutes on the soft as 1 ply Timberwolves.
I agree, but he's projected in the 1st round. It baffles the mind.

Last post 8:25pm. Then what explains your 34 pt loss to Duke.
And how do you know K didn't make adjustments. Maybe the players in the game at the time couldn't execute
What does UK's game against Duke have to do with this?

UK simply wasn't prepared for what Duke threw at them and they gave up.

Duke didn't give up last night.

You expect everyone to believe that you didn't watch the game last night?

Oh but you want to act like a damn authority on why Duke lost like they did???????

Got it

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think that Tre Jones has a game that benefits greatly from having Zion on the floor with him. Last night was really the first time there has been any kind of negative exposure. Having Williamson there allows him to take more chances on defense because Williamson has a knack for closing in on players and picking up the steals off of Jones's pressure. Obviously Williamson makes him better on the offensive end as well. Without Williamson on the floor, unc didn't have to lay back to cover his cuts to the basket so they were able to pressure Jones. Which he is not used to and it showed. I think he will learn from his performance and grow from it.

He will probably never sniff an all star game or anything like that, but he is certainly good enough to make a roster.

I can discuss what ever I like darling. Another internet tough guy. Love that I have you so upset. Like I said previously, I usually ignore you.

BTW, what was K and the staff doing in the huddles or at half time? Did they give up? So are you saying NO adjustments were made.

And just so your head doesn't explode, there are Timeouts and half times in all games where coaches can make adjustments, so yes, I did not watch.
Have you noticed that you're constantly fighting with people on here....even with fans of Duke?

Did ya ever think that maybe YOU are the problem?

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
I understand how important ZW is, best player in college basketball. Still amazed that Duke got blown out on their home court last night.
Fair enough. But we are so dependent on our one and done's for offense, that the 'role' players have all regressed. Not having Zion showed some obvious flaws we have. He masks a lot due to his motor and elite talent. So many have been raving about Bolden. No points on 1 shot in 18 minutes.

The development of our bench is non existent. If Bolden or Delaurier played at Kentucky, so many of our fans would mock them for being ranked where they were, and producing what they do.

Reactions: AWilli6995
I understand how important ZW is, best player in college basketball. Still amazed that Duke got blown out on their home court last night.
Fair enough. But we are so dependent on our one and done's for offense, that the 'role' players have all regressed. Not having Zion showed some obvious flaws we have. He masks a lot due to his motor and elite talent. So many have been raving about Bolden. No points on 1 shot in 18 minutes.

The development of our bench is non existent. If Bolden or Delaurier played at Kentucky, so many of our fans would mock them for being ranked where they were, and producing what they do.

Perhaps. Perhaps they would also be better somewhere else where they were featured and developed. Maybe not but it isn’t unreasonable one could be as good as a Garrison Brooks.

I think that Tre Jones has a game that benefits greatly from having Zion on the floor with him. Last night was really the first time there has been any kind of negative exposure. Having Williamson there allows him to take more chances on defense because Williamson has a knack for closing in on players and picking up the steals off of Jones's pressure. Obviously Williamson makes him better on the offensive end as well. Without Williamson on the floor, unc didn't have to lay back to cover his cuts to the basket so they were able to pressure Jones. Which he is not used to and it showed. I think he will learn from his performance and grow from it.

He will probably never sniff an all star game or anything like that, but he is certainly good enough to make a roster.
He was also being guarded by a big, elite PG. Both will play in the league.

I think the most overlooked aspect to UNC as the season has progressed , despite their roster deficiencies of depth at PG and inside is this. They have 3 guys that can get 25-30 on any given night with White , Maye , and Johnson. Not many teams that can do that offensively.

I think the most overlooked aspect to UNC as the season has progressed , despite their roster deficiencies of depth at PG and inside is this. They have 3 guys that can get 25-30 on any given night with White , Maye , and Johnson. Not many teams that can do that offensively.
aka only having 3 guys who can score.

aka only having 3 guys who can score.
Yea , but UNC can get 15-20 any given night from Williams or Little also. Even a guy like Brooks can get ya 15 on any given night. UNC's issue is if something happened to Coby White and not a lot of rim protecting depth defensively.

Which is Duke's issue, too.
Offensively K has the better iso players. But all of their offense is produced out of 3 main guys in iso. UNC is more of the Spurs/Warriors style where it's more about ball movement to score. Assist numbers are much more evenly distributed amonst UNC's primary playing time guys.

You really only need 3 high end guys to win a natty. Without any depth is where it's a problem if one gets hurt. Or maybe Zion is more important than Barrett and it's not all that close?

Last edited:
Yea , but UNC can get 15-20 any given night from Williams or Little also. Even a guy like Brooks can get ya 15 on any given night. UNC's issue is if something happened to Coby White and not a lot of rim protecting depth defensively.
How many games this year has Little scored 20?

How many games this year has Little scored 20?
Twice and has hit double figures 13 times. So every other game in double figures , for a guy that is your 4th or 5th scoring option at best on the roster. That is pretty good , plus he is one of the few core guys that isn't a real 3 point threat.

Reactions: Sevro
Twice and has hit double figures 13 times. So every other game in double figures , for a guy that is your 4th or 5th scoring option at best on the roster. That is pretty good , plus he is one of the few core guys that isn't a real 3 point threat.
Wow, twice all year. You have more confidence in him than Roy and your other fans.

Wow, twice all year. You have more confidence in him than Roy and your other fans.
He isn't relied upon to be a primary scorer. But he has shown the ability to get you 15-20 points at times. He has just been very quiet scoring wise last 3 games.

Dude is clueless on all things basketball. An embarrassment to Duke fans. Especially after the week we've had.
What about the week. #1 pick in draft didn’t play, we lost. Get over your high and mighty attitude pal. It’s a message board ignore or move on. You are nothing but a dick on here.

He isn't relied upon to be a primary scorer. But he has shown the ability to get you 15-20 points at times. He has just been very quiet scoring wise last 3 games.
So you think that those were his expectations coming to UNC. Especially @fter the 150k offer from AZ. You Hole fans have an answer for everything.

So you think that those were his expectations coming to UNC. Especially @fter the 150k offer from AZ. You Hole fans have an answer for everything.

Phil, step your game up. Your home life must suck for you to come here and be a drama queen.

Phil, step your game up. Your home life must suck for you to come here and be a drama queen.
Do you get paid for these random guesses? Don’t give up your day job. If you have one.

Home life is great btw. Not sure what that has to do with UNC cheating for 20 years and getting away with it. Glad it bothers you though.

Do you get paid for these random guesses? Don’t give up your day job. If you have one.

Home life is great btw. Not sure what that has to do with UNC cheating for 20 years and getting away with it. Glad it bothers you though.

I'm laughing at your punk ass Phil Laughing

You never answered why you stopped posting as phil. You didn't get banned, so is it just because you came up with a brilliant idea for a screen name and Rivals wouldn't let you change the last one?
Has he even admitted he’s this guy Phil? Maybe you guys should water board him and the other poster, KL40504, or whoever, to get the truth out of them.

He probably feels better than Bolder or DeLaurier. Also, he wasn't offered any money so not sure how that is relevant.

You never answered why you stopped posting as phil. You didn't get banned, so is it just because you came up with a brilliant idea for a screen name and Rivals wouldn't let you change the last one?

Yes. I'm sure he thought it was clever. That says a lot about his mentality.

He probably feels better than Bolder or DeLaurier. Also, he wasn't offered any money so not sure how that is relevant.

Yes. I'm sure he thought it was clever. That says a lot about his mentality.
Sure he wasn’t. Btw, Bolden is having a great year. Has stuck around and will be drafted. Why would Delaurier have a concern, he plays for Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT