ADVERTISEMENT

6th Annual College Basketball Draft

Already 12 ACC guys have been taken. And the crazy thing is I can think of several other ACC guys, that aren't drafted, who are capable of making 1st Team All-Conference. After Bacot, I really don't think there are any locks for 1st Team.

2. Armando Bacot, North Carolina
13. Dereck Lively, Duke
14. Isaiah Wong, Miami
17. Caleb Love, North Carolina
20. Terquavion Smith, NC State
21. Dariq Whitehead, Duke
23. Nijel Pack, Miami
37. Jayden Gardner, Virginia
41. RJ Davis, North Carolina
50. Pete Nance, North Carolina
54. Jeremy Roach, Duke
66. Justyn Mutts, Virginia Tech

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Versatile and efficient. Biggest concern is just the fact that the ACC is so loaded with individual talent.
That’s why I ultimately went Davis. Thought he had a higher floor for points. It’s tough trying to balance your home-run swings versus your singles/doubles.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I don't understand all this talk about the draft taking too long. Drafting is literally the only thing we do in this league. Once we are done we basically just sit back until @dukedevilz declares himself the winner next spring.

So who cares if the draft takes a long time. We have until 11/7 to finish it so it's not like we don't have plenty of time.

I don't understand all this talk about the draft taking too long. Drafting is literally the only thing we do in this league. Once we are done we basically just sit back until @dukedevilz declares himself the winner next spring.

So who cares if the draft takes a long time. We have until 11/7 to finish it so it's not like we don't have plenty of time.
At the rate we were going, we weren't going to finish by 11/7. Fortunately, people got off their asses and have made their picks more timely.

At least this provides some insight into @WeAreDePaul’s 23 hours and 59 minutes between picks

Because the whole point of the draft is to make the picks before the season starts. If I take the current rate of draft picks per day (4.6), we'll be 14 picks short of completing the draft by November 7th. I don't want people taking picks in the last round or two - having access to actual box scores where they could select someone that went for 20/10 on opening night. Johnny Davis wasn't drafted last year - and there are guys like him every year.

I only see time stamps for the last three rounds. But, to put things into perspective @WeAreDePaul your last 3 picks took this long:

Round 4: 17 hours, 37 minutes
Round 5: 22 hours, 20 minutes
Round 6: 14 hours, 31 minutes
Average: 17 hours, 49 minutes

If I applied that 17 hours, 49 minutes across the board for all 144 picks, the draft would take 107 days. From where we started on October 10th, there was a 28-day window to complete this. That's 4 hours and 40 minutes, on average, for each pick - if you use the whole 28 days. We just can't afford pick-after-pick of 17+ hours. We're taking too much time and things would go a lot faster if you'd send me a list.

I think lurker has busy days on Monday. So, it's very likely we don't get in another pick today.

DRAFT RESULTS
1st Round

1. Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky
2. Armando Bacot, North Carolina
3. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
4. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
5. Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
6. Marcus Sasser, Houston
7. Jaime Jaquez, UCLA
8. Adama Sanogo, UConn
9. Kendric Davis, Memphis
10. Nick Smith, Arkansas
11. Jalen Wilson, Kansas
12. Mike Miles, TCU

2nd Round
13. Dereck Lively, Duke
14. Isaiah Wong, Miami
15. Zach Edey, Purdue
16. Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona
17. Caleb Love, North Carolina
18. Keyonte George, Baylor
19. Santiago Vescovi, Tennessee
20. Terquavion Smith, NC State
21. Dariq Whitehead, Duke
22. Tyger Campbell, UCLA
23. Nijel Pack, Miami
24. Colin Castleton, Florida

3rd Round
25. LJ Cryer, Baylor
26. Cam Whitmore, Villanova
27. Max Abmas, Oral Roberts
28. Ryan Kalkbrenner, Creighton
29. Matt Bradley, San Diego State
30. Kris Murray, Iowa
31. Adam Flagler, Baylor
32. Jelly Walker, UAB
33. Will Richardson, Oregon
34. DaRon Holmes, Dayton
35. Jack Nunge, Xavier
36. Tyrese Hunter, Texas

4th Round
37. Jayden Gardner, Virginia
38. Jake Stephens, Chattanooga
39. Darius McGhee, Liberty
40. Timmy Allen, Texas
41. RJ Davis, North Carolina
42. Brandon Miller, Alabama
43. Hunter Maldonado, Wyoming
44. Jacob Toppin, Kentucky
45. Sahvir Wheeler, Kentucky
46. Kevin McCullar, Kansas
47. Terrence Shannon, Illinois
48. Harrison Ingram, Stanford

5th Round
49. Mark Sears, Alabama
50. Pete Nance, North Carolina
51. Jamal Shead, Houston
52. Julian Strawther, Gonzaga
53. Posh Alexander, St. John's
54. Jeremy Roach, Duke
55. Drew Peterson, USC
56. Marcus Carr, Texas
57. Isiaih Mosley, Missouri
58. Malachi Smith, Gonzaga
59. Ryan Nembhard, Creighton
60. Graham Ike, Wyoming

6th Round
61. Johni Broome, Auburn
62. DeAndre Williams, Memphis
63. Grant Sherfield, Oklahoma
64. Arthur Kaluma, Creighton
65. Antoine Davis, Detroit
66. Justyn Mutts, Virginia Tech
67. Javonte Perkins, Saint Louis
68. Tyler Burton, Richmond
69. GG Jackson, South Carolina
70. Baylor Scheierman, Creighton

There's been a Creighton explosion recently. 3 of the last 12 picks.

At the rate we were going, we weren't going to finish by 11/7. Fortunately, people got off their asses and have made their picks more timely.
Unfortunately, the reason I can’t pick in a timely manner is that I don’t have time to sit on my ass currently.

Unfortunately, the reason I can’t pick in a timely manner is that I don’t have time to sit on my ass currently.
Oh, I get it. And honestly, taking 12 hours isn't the end of the world because there are enough people picking in less than an hour to offset them.

I'm also getting ready to go play golf so I went ahead and sent DD 3 options in case it gets back to me before I get home from the bar.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Oh, I get it. And honestly, taking 12 hours isn't the end of the world because there are enough people picking in less than an hour to offset them.

I'm also getting ready to go play golf so I went ahead and sent DD 3 options in case it gets back to me before I get home from the bar.
Who were they so I don’t pick them?

Ff2bX4QWQAEH5jh

Best available according to CBB Report (correct me if someone has already been taken, I am just viewing their Instagram post)

1. Jahvon Quinnerly(hurt, our for a while)
2. Jamison Battle, Minnesota
3. Caleb McConnell, Rutgets
4. Tolu Smith, Mississippi State
5. Kihei Clark, Virginia
6. KJ Williams, LSU
7. Joe Girard, Syracuse
8. Boo Buie, Northwestern
9. Josiah Jordan-James, Tennessee
10. Fardaws Aimaq (injured)

I only see time stamps for the last three rounds. But, to put things into perspective @WeAreDePaul your last 3 picks took this long:

Round 4: 17 hours, 37 minutes
Round 5: 22 hours, 20 minutes
Round 6: 14 hours, 31 minutes
Average: 17 hours, 49 minutes

If I applied that 17 hours, 49 minutes across the board for all 144 picks, the draft would take 107 days. From where we started on October 10th, there was a 28-day window to complete this. That's 4 hours and 40 minutes, on average, for each pick - if you use the whole 28 days. We just can't afford pick-after-pick of 17+ hours. We're taking too much time and things would go a lot faster if you'd send me a list.
I've always moved that slow. I don't look at the internet that much when I'm at home. So I'm limited to when I am at the office for the most part.

And I like to research and figure out my pick before I make it.

The point is this draft has always gotten completed and only this year is it a bit slower because we've added some really slow pickers to the mix like Lurker and Jimbo. So it's their fault. If I was the only slowpoke in the draft then it wouldn't be a problem.

Also I love how you guys are giving me grief the one year it looks like I'm actually picking a decent team. Coincidence? 😎

I've always moved that slow. I don't look at the internet that much when I'm at home. So I'm limited to when I am at the office for the most part.

And I like to research and figure out my pick before I make it.

The point is this draft has always gotten completed and only this year is it a bit slower because we've added some really slow pickers to the mix like Lurker and Jimbo. So it's their fault. If I was the only slowpoke in the draft then it wouldn't be a problem.

Also I love how you guys are giving me grief the one year it looks like I'm actually picking a decent team. Coincidence? 😎

Yesterday morning we were at pick #53 - now we're at pick #72. We've made up a lot of ground, fortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT