ADVERTISEMENT

***2024 NCAA Tournament Thread***

A lot of state fans I knew had kids who chose Duke at a younger age once state became less relevant. Their fandom definitely blew up in the late 80s and early 90s and states shrunk.
I know not one ex State fan who now roots for Duke.

But I know a ton of UNC fans that became fans because they win. Never went to UNC, just live in the state or a surrounding state.

Another good thing about NC State winning- shows parity is still alive in college basketball!!

I couldn't imagine losing to a double-digit seed from the same conference in the Elite 8. How embarrassing.
But you could imagine losing to a 16 seed from a far inferior conference, right?

Duke was in a lose lose situation. Not a serious title threat. But as a four seed with terrible flaws, they were either going to be in the FF only because of playing 3 double digit seeds. Or they were going to be humiliated by losing to a double digit seed. I am not happy with the loss. But I will walk away from this season partially satisfied with an EE appearance. I will start losing patience if they have the sam flaws next year.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
But you could imagine losing to a 16 seed from a far inferior conference, right?

Duke was in a lose lose situation. Not a serious title threat. But as a four seed with terrible flaws, they were either going to be in the FF only because of playing 3 double digit seeds. Or they were going to be humiliated by losing to a double digit seed. I am not happy with the loss. But I will walk away from this season partially satisfied with an EE appearance. I will start losing patience if they have the sam flaws next year.

It was a joke brodie. UVA lost to 10-seed Syracuse in the 2016 elite 8.

Afamu is on the rampage….
Nc State Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

Absolute mental collapse from this Duke team in the 2nd half.

Coach K would’ve never lost this game. Scheyer needs to stop being a nice guy and hold players accountable.

Embarrassing performance.

• Wow
Reactions: UNC71-00
Absolute mental collapse from this Duke team in the 2nd half.

Coach K would’ve never lost this game. Scheyer needs to stop being a nice guy and hold players accountable.

Embarrassing performance.

K lost to Hubert on his celebration day, wasn’t that embarassing?

Last edited:
I just realized this would be like losing to Missouri in the Final 4 and then K-State in the Elite 8 two years later.

I get it now, afamu.
* Losing to Missouri in the game that retired Phog Allen

Other than that, nailed it.

I really do feel badly for Scheyer- seems like a great guy all the way around. He has no chance following K (no one would) and indifference is going to set in. It’s probably better for him if it happens sooner rather than later.

This is what happens when you make it about the coach and not the school.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
ADVERTISEMENT