ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Coaching Search

BYU Pretty much ran out of gas... lost their big man to injury as well. Played with a 6'6 guy in the middle. It's not like Duquesne was a slouch this past season.
Well that makes me even happier w Kels. Dude dropped 96 on final four Bama and had em down to single digits late in second half.

Downgraded majorly from Cal? How so? Is it because Cal is a great recruiter? If so, how's that working out for Cal?

The days of winning with high school kids, is over. You can't fake experience and development. There isn't enough days in a year to develop freshmen, physically and on the court, that can compete with 3 and 4 year college dudes, that was just proven agsin this year. Cal lost 10 games with a completely stacked roster. He lost to UNCW at home, lost to Oakland, lost 4 games at home… he had 2 lottery picks that were ultra elite offensively and he stunk it up. No SEC hardware and not a single win in the NCAAT… .at Kentucky.

Cal is completely washed up, he’s not hard to replace right now.
Problem this year with you guys wasn’t offense, it’s just you guys couldn’t play a lick of defense. I don’t think Cal is washed up, I think he just got tied of the insane expectations in a new realm of college basketball where blue blood status doesn’t mean squat. Transfer portal has opened up so much parity in the field. I could see him doing well at Arky. Expectations are certainly lower as a football school.

Problem this year with you guys wasn’t offense, it’s just you guys couldn’t play a lick of defense. I don’t think Cal is washed up, I think he just got tied of the insane expectations in a new realm of college basketball where blue blood status doesn’t mean squat. Transfer portal has opened up so much parity in the field. I could see him doing well at Arky. Expectations are certainly lower as a football school.
That offense you saw, wasn't Cal's offense, that was John Welch's offense and he gone. Cal's offense is.the definition of a struggle.

Yeah, the defense sucked, who's fault was that? That team was no better in March than it was in October. Actually, it was probably worse. What were they doing in practice? They finished 109th in Defensive efficiency, BYU, with a bunch of virgin white boys, finished 60th.

But that's the thing, since 2020, it's something new every season that derails the team and the reason? Cal doubled down on players first. The players pouted if they didn't get the pt they wanted, Cal's playing time was all about NBA potential and who would pout if they didn't start. Was it the fans fault that Cal starts all over with a new roster every year? Is it the fans fault that Schaedon Sharpe didn't play? Is it the fans fault that BJ Boston got 35mpg, while better players sat and watched him play losing bb? Was it the fans fault that Wagner and Edwards took a front seat to Dillingham and Reed? The fans didn't make adjustments against Oakland? Did we make Cal forget to watch tape on Oakland?

So, in your mind, the fans are to blame for Calipari's lineups, decisions to be young, anemic defense and no gametime adjustments? That's the fans fault??? Same fans that pack every arena to support the team? Those fans?

What are you going to say when the same shit happens to Cal at Arkansas? Will it also be the fans fault?

The fans had every right to be pissed and until the Oakland loss, most of the fanbase was in Cal'a corner, that loss was the final straw.

Cal did this to himself.

I guess it was the UofL fanbase that made Kenny suck?

That offense you saw, wasn't Cal's offense, that was John Welch's offense and he gone. Cal's offense is.the definition of a struggle.

Yeah, the defense sucked, who's fault was that? That team was no better in March than it was in October. Actually, it was probably worse. What were they doing in practice? They finished 109th in Defensive efficiency, BYU, with a bunch of virgin white boys, finished 60th.

But that's the thing, since 2020, it's something new every season that derails the team and the reason? Cal doubled down on players first. The players pouted if they didn't get the pt they wanted, Cal's playing time was all about NBA potential and who would pout if they didn't start. Was it the fans fault that Cal starts all over with a new roster every year? Is it the fans fault that Schaedon Sharpe didn't play? Is it the fans fault that BJ Boston got 35mpg, while better players sat and watched him play losing bb? Was it the fans fault that Wagner and Edwards took a front seat to Dillingham and Reed? The fans didn't make adjustments against Oakland? Did we make Cal forget to watch tape on Oakland?

So, in your mind, the fans are to blame for Calipari's lineups, decisions to be young, anemic defense and no gametime adjustments? That's the fans fault??? Same fans that pack every arena to support the team? Those fans?

What are you going to say when the same shit happens to Cal at Arkansas? Will it also be the fans fault?

The fans had every right to be pissed and until the Oakland loss, most of the fanbase was in Cal'a corner, that loss was the final straw.

Cal did this to himself.

I guess it was the UofL fanbase that made Kenny suck?
Never said it was the fans. I mentioned the expectations, and the includes the program itself. And KP sure blamed our fans for his shortcomings, nothing was ever his fault.

I’ve always said Calipari was a decent coach and excellent recruiter. I also think he played favorites like you said, and promised too much playing time to kids that didn’t deserve it, because their high school ranking apparently showed more than the product on the court.

I’m just surprised by this hire is all.

Never said it was the fans. I mentioned the expectations, and the includes the program itself. And KP sure blamed our fans for his shortcomings, nothing was ever his fault.

I’ve always said Calipari was a decent coach and excellent recruiter. I also think he played favorites like you said, and promised too much playing time to kids that didn’t deserve it, because their high school ranking apparently showed more than the product on the court.

I’m just surprised by this hire is all.
I'm surprised by the hire too, but as long as he coaches for UK, he'll have my support and most of the other fans too.
You can't prioritize the draft, individual accomplishments, one-and-done and play lineups based on NBA draft stock AND lose at a historic rate, then tell the fans they should be happy becsuse all those ex UK players in the NBA are making bank, then vow to continue on with players-first. Nope, you lose the fans when you do that and I'm not surprised Kenny also said some of the things he said WHILE losing at a crazy rate.

Reactions: UL_1986
I'm surprised by the hire too, but as long as he coaches for UK, he'll have my support and most of the other fans too.
You can't prioritize the draft, individual accomplishments, one-and-done and play lineups based on NBA draft stock AND lose at a historic rate, then tell the fans they should be happy becsuse all those ex UK players in the NBA are making bank, then vow to continue on with players-first. Nope, you lose the fans when you do that and I'm not surprised Kenny also said some of the things he said WHILE losing at a crazy rate.
Ain’t nobody losing more than Kenny. I’m still in awe he was hired a second year. Plus we’re gonna be paying that moron the next 6-7 years. Money he doesn’t deserve. Man shouldn’t be allowed back in Louisville.

More I read about Pope, he seems like a good hire. I think UL & UK have a lot to look forward to.

Ain’t nobody losing more than Kenny. I’m still in awe he was hired a second year. Plus we’re gonna be paying that moron the next 6-7 years. Money he doesn’t deserve. Man shouldn’t be allowed back in Louisville.

More I read about Pope, he seems like a good hire. I think UL & UK have a lot to look forward to.
I thought Kenny would be better… much better. It just goes to show, it's harder than it looks, but it seems like Kenny and Cal made it harder than it needed to be.

.....same guy that beat KU in the Phog, with 1 Top 100 player.

Hope that's not his only claim to fame. A lot of people would beat that KU team with McCullar out and Dickinson going 6-15 from the FT line.

ADVERTISEMENT