ADVERTISEMENT

***2024 NCAA Tournament Thread***

It's sickening. It's the entitlement Duke "fans* gluttonously suck up and causes them to bail on their team at the first sign of adversity. I for one find it treasonous.
It isn't the first sign of adversity, dickfvck. It is a decade of science. If they prove me wrong, I will eat that crow proudly. I haven't bailed on the team, but I have bailed on the current atmosphere of college basketball.

It isn't the first sign of adversity, dickfvck. It is a decade of science. If they prove me wrong, I will eat that crow proudly. I haven't bailed on the team, but I have bailed on the current atmosphere of college basketball.
What a pathetic excuse. You hide behind a history but you're the first to criticize the program when adversity presents itself. We see ya man.

Seriously, you're down to relying on Bruce Pearl? I thought you Kansas folk stood on your basketball program. Now you're cucking for Aubs? 😂

Ah, so it’s Bruce Pearl’s johnson you think about while doing the deed? Hadn’t considered it, but I guess it makes sense.

Last edited:
And now let's meet our final 8 contestants:

Alabama- 4 seed (24-11) SEC t-2nd place in conf. Lost in SEC Tournament Qtrs

Clemson- 6 seed (24-11) ACC t-5th place in conf. Lost in ACC Tournament 2nd Rd

Duke- 4 seed (27-8) ACC 2nd place in conf. Lost in ACC Tournament Qtrs

North Carolina State- 11 seed (25-14) ACC Tournament champions; 10th place in conf.

Purdue- 1 seed (32-4) Big Ten Regular Season champions; lost in B10 Tournament semies

Tennessee- 2 seed (27-8) SEC Regular Season champions; lost in SEC Tournament Qtrs

UConn- 1 seed (34-3) Big East Regular Season and Tournament champions

Illinois- 3 seed, (29-8) Big Ten Tournament champions; 2nd place in conf.

Based on history, this leaves us with 4 teams with the potential to win the national championship: UConn, Purdue, Illinois, NC State

We just beat the second best team in the country and will get pounded by NC State. Ridiculous.

Who was it that said the SeC was so superior to the ACC and the Acc was garbage?

Who was that. What school did they root for?

Geez, who was it again? KyJelly roll was his name I think.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Who was it that said the SeC was so superior to the ACC and the Acc was garbage?

Who was that. What school did they root for?

Geez, who was it again? KyJelly roll was his name I think.

😂😂😂😂😂😂
Man, my thoughts really seem to have gone balls deep in you. I apologize for fvcking you up so badly.

I think it's kind of obvious now, the committee gave the MWC too much credit.

If I was in charge of the selection committee, CSU and Boise would have been out. Michigan State and Mississippi State would have been out as well. Sparty was 19-14 and .500 in the Big Ten. Go enjoy the NIT guys. Miss State had a losing conference record. None of the conferences are good enough to let that slide IMO.

Take those 4 out and include Seton Hall, Indiana State, Pittsburgh and Wake Forest. Providence and St. John's would have gotten serious consideration but you have to leave someone out.

We just beat the second best team in the country and will get pounded by NC State. Ridiculous.
Let's be honest. Duke did not beat the second best team in the country last night.

Once Shead went down, Houston immediately became an 8 to 10 seed, not a top 2 team.

Houston rolls if Shead plays. It is what it is. Houston was an absolute shell of itself when he went down early in the first half. And was only a 3 pt win for Duke.

I think it's kind of obvious now, the committee gave the MWC too much credit.

If I was in charge of the selection committee, CSU and Boise would have been out. Michigan State and Mississippi State would have been out as well. Sparty was 19-14 and .500 in the Big Ten. Go enjoy the NIT guys. Miss State had a losing conference record. None of the conferences are good enough to let that slide IMO.

Take those 4 out and include Seton Hall, Indiana State, Pittsburgh and Wake Forest. Providence and St. John's would have gotten serious consideration but you have to leave someone out.
The issue with this is, the teams you’re trying to say should have been in the tournament, had bigger warts than the teams you’re saying should have been out.

Now, I have had an issue with Michigan State getting in, simply because they had 13 losses and only a couple good wins, but their resume was still better than Wake, Pitt, Providence, SH and ISU. Boise and CSU also had better resume's. The MWC was damn good this year.

If you want to swap someone out, it would be Virginia for ISU, but that's it. You can't just look at the warts of those in the the tournament and ignore the warts of the ones you thought should be in.

Wake was on the right side of the bubble after beating duke, but then they proceeded to lose games to a couple of the worst teams in the ACC. Meanwhile, Mississippi State destroyed Tennessee in the SECT, which was their 2nd win over the vols.

There's a reason Lunardi only missed on one team, he didn't have UVA in, he had ISU and that’s really the only argument that can be made.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Let's be honest. Duke did not beat the second best team in the country last night.

Once Shead went down, Houston immediately became an 8 to 10 seed, not a top 2 team.

Houston rolls if Shead plays. It is what it is. Houston was an absolute shell of itself when he went down early in the first half. And was only a 3 pt win for Duke.
I was pretty impressed with Duke's physicality last night. I think the game still would have come down to the wire, but yeah, losing Shead was a big blow to Houston. I do think Cryer did a decent job of taking over at the pg spot.

Houston barely survived the last game.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
I was pretty impressed with Duke's physicality last night. I think the game still would have come down to the wire, but yeah, losing Shead was a big blow to Houston. I do think Cryer did a decent job of taking over at the pg spot.
Yep, Duke was super physical.

Duke would have lost if Shead played. You take away a 20 point performer, there best player, an All-American, and a top 5 player in the country, it ain't gonna go well for that team. And Duke only won by 3. Pretty confident Houston wins comfortably with Shead, especially with how they were dominating Duke in the first half before he went out.

Both statements are true.

Too bad Goehlke didn't get hurt for Oakland, maybe Cal would have actually gotten outta the first weekend for a change haha.

The issue with this is, the teams you’re trying to say should have been in the tournament, had bigger warts than the teams you’re saying should have been out.

Now, I have had an issue with Michigan State getting in, simply because they had 13 losses and only a couple good wins, but their resume was still better than Wake, Pitt, Providence, SH and ISU. Boise and CSU also had better resume's. The MWC was damn good this year.

If you want to swap someone out, it would be Virginia for ISU, but that's it. You can't just look at the warts of those in the the tournament and ignore the warts of the ones you thought should be in.

Wake was on the right side of the bubble after beating duke, but then they proceeded to lose games to a couple of the worst teams in the ACC. Meanwhile, Mississippi State destroyed Tennessee in the SECT, which was their 2nd win over the vols.

There's a reason Lunardi only missed on one team, he didn't have UVA in, he had ISU and that’s really the only argument that can be made.

Nope. 6 MWC teams in the dance was ridiculous and I said that before a single game was played.

Sparty had an NIT resume. Too many losses not enough wins. Miss State had too many conference losses. A win in the conference tournament doesn't undo that.

UVA had 23 wins (13-7 in the ACC) and finished 3rd in the conference. I'm fine with them making it, even though they laid an egg in the tournament.

What does that have to do with this game? Every tourney game is different. Houston wins with Shead, Duke got lucky.

What's the old adage...would rather be lucky than good....
Look at you with your might have beend. Poor fella

ADVERTISEMENT