ADVERTISEMENT

***2024 NCAA Tournament Thread***

Look at you with your might have beend. Poor fella
Don't feel bad for me dude. Feel bad for Shead and a Houston team that had their season derailed because of an untimely injury. Sucks for them.

Credit to Duke for winning the game. They took advantage of a major injury to the other team.

Sometimes the cookie crumbles your way in the tournament. That's why it is called March Madness. Heck, to get to the FF, Duke will have played 3 double digit seeds, and a team that lost one of the best players in the game.

Sign me up for that any day of the week (unless Cal is the coach, then all bets are off).

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I think it's kind of obvious now, the committee gave the MWC too much credit.

If I was in charge of the selection committee, CSU and Boise would have been out. Michigan State and Mississippi State would have been out as well. Sparty was 19-14 and .500 in the Big Ten. Go enjoy the NIT guys. Miss State had a losing conference record. None of the conferences are good enough to let that slide IMO.

Take those 4 out and include Seton Hall, Indiana State, Pittsburgh and Wake Forest. Providence and St. John's would have gotten serious consideration but you have to leave someone out.
I would like to see a rule stating stating if you have a losing conference record, you’re not eligible for an at large bid in the NCAA tournament. It’s like football teams with losing records being invited to bowl games. It’s just stupid.

Reactions: duckboy33
Let's be honest. Duke did not beat the second best team in the country last night.

Once Shead went down, Houston immediately became an 8 to 10 seed, not a top 2 team.

Houston rolls if Shead plays. It is what it is. Houston was an absolute shell of itself when he went down early in the first half. And was only a 3 pt win for Duke.
Who's shead have your boots been under?

• Haha
Reactions: WeAreDePaul
13, 12, an already-depleted 1 seed that lost its best player in the first half, and an 11 seed that finished with a losing record in conference play. That’s quite the opportunity.

Going into the tournament, those double digit seeds probably felt like Duke was a good draw for the 4 seed match up. They certainly have benefited from some luck, but they've also started playing better. Last night was terrible offense, but they played with grit and put good pressure on Houston for most of the game.

Going into the tournament, those double digit seeds probably felt like Duke was a good draw for the 4 seed match up. They certainly have benefited from some luck, but they've also started playing better. Last night was terrible offense, but they played with grit and put good pressure on Houston for most of the game.
Duke looks no different to me, to be honest, then they did at the end of the regular season.

They beat two midmajors, and a team that lost one of the best players in the country by 3 pts. I don't see them doing anything better then they did, other then taking advantage of a weak bracket that fell their way...credit to them for doing so, but they look the exact same to me.

But that is just my opinion, which I am sure will differ from Duke fans. Not a big deal.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Duke looks no different to me, to be honest, then they did at the end of the regular season.

They beat two midmajors, and a team that lost one of the best players in the country by 3 pts. I don't see them doing anything better then they did, other then taking advantage of a weak bracket that fell their way...credit to them for doing so, but they look the exact same to me.

But that is just my opinion, which I am sure will differ from Duke fans. Not a big deal.
I am not sure why you think this is an argument.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Duke fans spin their path this tourney to fit their "Duke always has the hardest path" narrative

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I am not sure why you think this is an argument.
I said it was my opinion, and that Duke fans will likely have a different opinion, and that it is not a big deal. Maybe you didn't see that part of my post.

Differing opinions do not equal an argument, my friend.

Congrats on the win. Looking like a Duke, Purdue, UConn, Bama FF. But my bracket has been busted for a while, so what do I know. Such is March.

No one believes that soft mentally weak Duke will beat those tough gritty Houston Cougars.

That means that the script will be flipped and the Cinderella team from Durham will shock the world.

I’ll give you props for the win but Houston lost their best player. How would duke fared had Flip got hurt and didn’t return?

I'm looking forward to seeing how Duke fans spin their path this tourney to fit their "Duke always has the hardest path" narrative

Is that actually a common narrative? The team that pulled Butler in the title game and dodged 2015 Kentucky? 8 seed UNC in the final four? And always plays close to home?

I’ll give you props for the win but Houston lost their best player. How would duke fared had Flip got hurt and didn’t return?
No one knows. How would Afam u have done if Bacot and RJ were healthy?

Oh yeah, they were, were a 1 seed and lost.

No one knows. How would Afam u have done if Bacot and RJ were healthy?

Oh yeah, they were, were a 1 seed and lost.

Not taking away anything from your win but no one isn’t winning anything in basketball without their best player. I was just pointing that out to your homie. If the situation was reversed you’d be saying the same thing.

Dude. I am still laughing about your obviously flawed hoops knowledge.

Typical.
My knowledge is pretty simple, as a whole, the ACC was down during the regular season and the SEC and BIG12 were stronger by every metric you want to use.

Heck, Alabama and Tennessee are still in it. Both those teams lost several conference games, some at home. UK had Alabama down by 37 points, but they just beat uNC. South Carolina and UK won @ Tennessee, who is good enough to win it.

In a tournament format, teams lose, it doesn’t mean they didn't perform well in the regular season.

Heck, Clemson, duke and especially NCST struggled at times and NCST wasn't even going to get in if they didn't win their tournament. Teams get hot and that’s what we're seeing right now.

If you don't understand that, then I can't help you.

Pitt and Wake had their chances and they failed, both schools as well as the ones under them, were really bad at times. Louisville, GT and ND really dragged the conference down. Louisville had what, 8 total wins? Come on.

The BIG12 was solid top to bottom and with the exception of Missouri and Vandy, the SEC was very good from 1-12. All the metrics back this up.

Nobody is saying the top 4 ACC teams suck, they are very good, but you're trying to say that means the ACC is better. UVA came in 3rd and look how bad they were in the play-in game. Doesn't mean they sucked.

Alabama just beat the ACC's best team, UK beat them on a neutral court, so anything you can throw out to say the ACC was better, can be easily countered, especially if Alabama beats Clemson tonight.

I'm not trying to be an asshole man, I'm just stating facts and so what, what's the big deal?

Now we just need Illinois to pull off a miracle vs UConn and for Purdue to choke like it usually does and the Duke panic levels will hit an all time high.

AFAMU trying to blast somebody about knowledge, this is the same guy that tried to slam UK for not making the tournament in 2020 (uh, nobody did, it was cancelled) and 2021 (he's a duke fan, duke didn’t make it either). His excuse? "Well, I don't live on google like you". What the fvck ever.

AFAMU trying to blast somebody about knowledge, this is the same guy that tried to slam UK for not making the tournament in 2020 (uh, nobody did, it was cancelled) and 2021 (he's a duke fan, duke didn’t make it either). His excuse? "Well, I don't live on google like you". What the fvck ever.

He is a special dude.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Now we just need Illinois to pull off a miracle vs UConn and for Purdue to choke like it usually does and the Duke panic levels will hit an all time high.
Man, I don't know, I chopped those 2 deams down before the tournament, I didn't think they were very good, I'm here to admit, I was wrong… .way wrong.

Congrats on duke getting to the E8, John Scheyer is doing a hell of a job. Like I said before, I like that guy, he’s handling that position really well.

Reactions: bignish
8 seed in the finals, nova without their second best player in Justin Moore, and Creighton in the second round missing 2/5 of their starting lineup- but chalky besides that 😛

I was talking about the path to the Final 4, but yeah, I forgot about Creighton’s injuries. They were still a tough out though.

Justin Moore was a pretty big loss, but I don’t think he would’ve been the difference in that game. Shead would have made a massive difference last night.

I was talking about the path to the Final 4, but yeah, I forgot about Creighton’s injuries. They were still a tough out though.

Justin Moore was a pretty big loss, but I don’t think he would’ve been the difference in that game. Shead would have made a massive difference last night.

We told you

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Man, I don't know, I chopped those 2 deams down before the tournament, I didn't think they were very good, I'm here to admit, I was wrong… .way wrong.

Congrats on duke getting to the E8, John Scheyer is doing a hell of a job. Like I said before, I like that guy, he’s handling that position really well.
Thanks Jeff. Scheyer’s still learning but lots of college basketball fans thought that Duke was going to turn into Indiana after K left. I was confident we would still be an elite program.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Thanks Jeff. Scheyer’s still learning but lots of college basketball fans thought that Duke was going to turn into Indiana after K left. I was confident we would still be an elite program.

It's CBS, not Duke being good

ADVERTISEMENT