ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NBA playoffs discussion thread

I would enjoy both more if we won a few more 😂 yall both have owned us of late.

Love how fsu plays though, def my second fave acc team, well in basketball at least lol.

And yea weve had some good football games with yall for sure back in the day.

These things ebb and flow. FSU has had some of their best winners—not just players, but winners—in history the last few years. Mann, Forrest, Anthony Polite, RaiQuan Gray; all those guys are just straight up dudes and make plays that win games. So it will be interesting to see how we continue to plug in touted freshmen like Patrick Williams and Scottie Barnes and get them integrated into our “18 strong” culture.

But I’ll say this—Hamilton seems to have figured out something about attacking the pack line that other coaches haven’t. His success against Chris Mack is crazy, and he’s handed Tony Bennett far more losses than most coaches have too.

Reactions: Villian07
The Clippers have been as clutch as can be in these playoffs. Do they extend the series tonight, or do the Suns advance and wait?
I think they’ve run out of steam. We’ve yet to see CP3 play well yet and they’re still up 3-1. There’s a reason why PG13 is a second option and not Batman. He can’t carry a team further than he already has. Considering losing Kawhi, I think they’ve overachieved getting here.

Game changed with that injury last night and maybe the series.
yep, that's the end of the series for the Hawks. All because of a ref's foot. They say it's better to be lucky than good and the Bucks have been about 100x more lucky than they are good. Only reason they are even in this round is because of luck regarding Brooklyn injuries. At least the Hawks earned their way here beating teams at their best.

yep, that's the end of the series for the Hawks. All because of a ref's foot. They say it's better to be lucky than good and the Bucks have been about 100x more lucky than they are good. Only reason they are even in this round is because of luck regarding Brooklyn injuries. At least the Hawks earned their way here beating teams at their best.
Well. Kinda. Sixers were 1-3 without Danny Green and Embiid’s meniscus was evident throughout the series especially in the 4th quarters of games.

Well. Kinda. Sixers were 1-3 without Danny Green and Embiid’s meniscus was evident throughout the series especially in the 4th quarters of games.

Danny Green was addition by subtraction based on his play in the games he was available. Embiid was fine. No one talked about his injury when he was dropping 40/20 on us just about every game. Any issues he had in 4th quarter were related to stamina. If it turns out Embiid has to have knee surgery I will take that back, but anything less than knee surgery tells me his knee was never injured.

OTOH, Hawks were missing second best player Hunter that entire series with real knee injury that required surgery.

Danny Green was addition by subtraction based on his play in the games he was available. Embiid was fine. No one talked about his injury when he was dropping 40/20 on us just about every game. Any issues he had in 4th quarter were related to stamina. If it turns out Embiid has to have knee surgery I will take that back, but anything less than knee surgery tells me his knee was never injured.

OTOH, Hawks were missing second best player Hunter that entire series with real knee injury that required surgery.
No Danny Green meant more minutes for Furkan Korkmaz. Green had 2 bad games but he’s a playoff vet with rings from 3 different teams. Dude absolutely makes a difference. These things aren’t excuses. Dealing with injuries is the nature of sports. But it is what it is.

Reactions: dtgold88
Danny Green would’ve def made a difference in that series. They clearly needed him bad.
He’s like another coach on the court. I agree with the stated opinion about what he would physically be able to execute when it comes to guarding Young. But Hoerter went off in Game 7 cooking Seth Curry. I can’t help but think if Doc has Green and not Korkmaz on the court, you could have hidden Curry’s defense on a hampered Bogi. But Curry and Korkmaz = two bullets to find a good option for offense in the half court.

But again, these are just excuses. Injuries are a part of sports and the Hawks have been dealing with a number of their own.

Last edited:
I think Atlanta was just better. Simmons just choked it off. He's too important to a team to be laying golden eggs.

Philly had 3 top shelf guys and some dudes. And when one of the top 3 is AWOL then they are really stretching those top 2. I'd argue they could have unleashed Maxey to see what he could do but he didn't really play much so they just rolled out the veterans they trusted, and lost as heavy favs.

Atlanta had 1 star that made other guys better and had a handful of guys that could hurt you feeding off their star, some in their prime years like Collins/Huerter/Bogdan and then others that have been good vets like Cappella, Lou and Gallinari.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
He’s like another coach on the court. I agree with the stated opinion about what he would physically be able to execute when it comes to guarding Young. But Hoerter went off in Game 7 cooking Seth Curry. I can’t help but think if Doc has Green and not Korkmaz on the court, you could have hid Curry’s defense on a hampered Bogi. But Curry and Korkmaz = two bullets to find a good option for offense in the half court.

But again, these are just excuses. Injuries are a part of sports and the Hawks have been dealing with a number of their own.
People can say what they want about Danny Green, and cherry pick bad games. But the dude most certainly would’ve made a difference, especially on the defensive end as you suggested. Philly ****ing blew it though.

Danny Green is a useful role player on a team with stars that play as such. Since Ben didn't perform anywhere near a star I don't know how much Danny helps them vs ATL.

No doubt Philly blew it. But I don’t want that statement to be viewed as a disrespect of the Hawks. They played a great series and they’re a really well run franchise with a bright future.

could even argue the Suns, while good, have also been incredibly lucky. Almost like past GS teams as far as opponents losing star players.

Lakers either no AD or badly hobbled and also a much less than 100% Lebron.....no Murray.......no Kawhi.

Big news out of Philly tonight!!!!!

tropics.jpg

Roto sites saying Young will play tonight. We'll see how effective he can be.

Also seeing rumors Twolves want to package Rusell/Beasley and draft picks for Ben Simmons? Of course everybody floats trades these days.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Roto sites saying Young will play tonight. We'll see how effective he can be.

Also seeing rumors Twolves want to package Rusell/Beasley and draft picks for Ben Simmons? Of course everybody floats trades these days.

never a doubt Trae would play. he's a warrior who already has shown he comes back earlier than expected from injuries. But, how close to 100% he will be is the real question. If he's hobbled in anyway this is another blow out. That would put us down 3 starters in the ECF vs a much better team as it is.

This year kinda needs an asterisk beside it as well with the lack of time off and shortened schedule. So many injuries that would’ve changed the course of the playoffs otherwise. Jmo.

ADVERTISEMENT