ADVERTISEMENT

Yet another reason to laugh at Uof L (U6)

JC for 3

Oct 21, 2003
Ft. Thomas, KY
Team
Kentucky
....poor little fella...

Tom Jurich’s baby boy, Mark Jurich, sent an e-mail to new University of Louisville athletic director Vince Tyra to let him know he’s not happy.

Mark Jurich — you know, that guy who got paid a lot of money to do nothing — is upset because Tyra moved the Jurich’s season football and basketball tickets. The Jurich family had seats at midfield and midcourt in the club levels of Cardinal Stadium and the KFC Yum! Center, but Tyra recently moved them to a corner section of the club.

Poor wittle Jurich said the move is “blatant disrespect” for the family.

Here is the full e-mail, courtesy of The Courier-Journal:

In writing this email, I hope to be clear. It has been my goal to move on – yet you continue to attack my family which gives me no other option than to respond. This email is not about tickets. It is about you and the University dishonoring my father and your blatant disrespect for my family.

If you cannot bear the sight, or rather the optics of Tom Jurich in the YUM! Center or Cardinal Stadium, you are weaker than I thought. If you feel the need to hide my dad in a corner to make yourself feel important or simply comfortable, then so be it — he will do that for you. But you cannot possibly think you can erase him by hiding him in these stadiums. His fingerprints are everywhere. Your coaches still call my dad for advice. Your players still call my dad for insight. Your administration still calls my dad for guidance.

However, this all begs the following questions. Why be so petty? Why not be confident in the leader you think you are, rather than disregard the leader my father has always been? Why not honor him? Why not allow him to keep the seats he has earned after 20 years? These seats aren’t a gift. They were accepted in lieu of a pay raise. You have allowed Jim Ramsey and Kevin Miller (mind you, the athletic dept. accountant and the primary sport administrator for men’s basketball since I was in college) to maintain their seat locations, parking passes and dignity. My father honored Denny Crum with a prominent seat at YUM! for all the great things he did. So why the disparity?

Have you ever considered what my father did for you? He honored the legacy of your father. He was a steward of your money. He provided you with an amazing atmosphere for you as a fan and created a great product for you and your family. So why the continued efforts to embarrass us? My dad’s balance sheet has been on display for 20 years. Would you like for us to discuss yours? Would you like for us to discuss what I did for you at Cardinal Alley?

Or, Vince are you simply out of your league? What do you stand for? How do you look into my eyes moments after my father was placed on leave and say “I will do everything to make sure this University honors your dad”? Can you imagine me treating your son Cooper this way? No, because I never would.

While you were focused on $.79 pom-poms, Tyra jerseys and removing Jurich banners, you should’ve been focused on bridging the gap within our fanbase and supporting our program. The butchering of the NCAA appeal makes me question your agenda. To see the destruction of 20 years’ work in 10 months is heartbreaking. To see our top donors leave is understandable. You can package this however makes you most comfortable, but I question, as should everyone else, are you part of the problem? Is your ego so fragile that you cannot celebrate the man who preceded you?

The vision, unprecedented growth, wins, first-class facilities, world-class coaches, sponsorships, partnerships, conference realignments, conference championships, world series, bowl games, national championships. The campus, the city, the state, etc., etc., etc.

All Tom.

How quickly one forgets.

Now that I have reminded you, would you like to reconsider your decision? You and I both know that it is never too late to do the right thing.

-Mark

I think it bothers you more than me. As schooner said.
Says the guy that digs to find any UK molehill he can find so he can post it to make it a mountain while his favorite program is a complete mess.

Seems like UL has a new scandal or negative press release that comes out daily.

I mean it's impossible to look the other way. Truth is, you're trying to spin it to where UK fans look bad for discussing what's out there in the news. Just say you're embarrassed, it's okay to do that.

I wonder how @zipp feels about this. This is his idol's son that sent this garbage email 3 days before a rather huge football game. I bet he's proud.

Last edited:
This email is probably making a few raftards horny on here.
Not really. But wouldn't you be shaking your head at the constant crap that comes out of a single university whether it's your rival or not?

Reactions: C*A*T*S
Not really. But wouldn't you be shaking your head at the constant crap that comes out of a single university whether it's your rival or not?
Are you speaking on behalf of the raftards? Idrc about any of this, being that the Jurich’s aren’t affiliated with our organization now. It comes off as obsessed, when other rivals fans point it out, it just solidifies how much we live in the head of some of your fans, it’s fascinating.

Reactions: TDredbird
Some of you all need to contact the Courier Journal and tell them to stop reporting on the things Louisville fans don't care about. You guys want to make it seem that UK fans are "digging"; hard to miss this one.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Are you speaking on behalf of the raftards? Idrc about any of this, being that the Jurich’s aren’t affiliated with our organization now. It comes off as obsessed, when other rivals fans point it out, it just solidifies how much we live in the head of some of your fans, it’s fascinating.
I would 100% agree with you on your obsession angle if UL wasn't the gift that keeps on giving.

It seems like more dirt comes out each week. You can Say Jurich isn't affiliated with the university anymore, but that doesn't mean everything just goes away. This is a UL story, it's in the news and it involves the Jurich family and UL sports.

I mean, this is on top of the Adidas thing, the pitino/Sypher thing, the hookers thing, the dude that stole golf clubs thing, the Jurich slinging money around thing, the Pitino lying thing, the Pitino lying thing, the Pitino lying thing, the Pitino horse named "Party Dancer" thing etc.. It just keeps going.

So, are you going to tell me that if the shoe was on the other foot that you wouldn't point and laugh one bit. No way, no how. You, Rocky and STDThecard would be all over UK fans on the daily.

Me, I couldn't care less about UL, they aren't good enough in CBB for me to worry about. I would post the same stuff about any other school if these things were being reported.

It just boggles my mind that you guys don't think this stuff is a big deal. It's like UL and Michigan State are competing for nastiest program of 2018. My vote is UL, but not by much. That penis in a dog thing is really disgusting.

I would 100% agree with you on your obsession angle if UL wasn't the gift that keeps on giving.

It seems like more dirt comes out each week. You can Say Jurich isn't affiliated with the university anymore, but that doesn't mean everything just goes away. This is a UL story, it's in the news and it involves the Jurich family and UL sports.

I mean, this is on top of the Adidas thing, the pitino/Sypher thing, the hookers thing, the dude that stole golf clubs thing, the Jurich slinging money around thing, the Pitino lying thing, the Pitino lying thing, the Pitino lying thing, the Pitino horse named "Party Dancer" thing etc.. It just keeps going.

So, are you going to tell me that if the shoe was on the other foot that you wouldn't point and laugh one bit. No way, no how. You, Rocky and STDThecard would be all over UK fans on the daily.

Me, I couldn't care less about UL, they aren't good enough in CBB for me to worry about. I would post the same stuff about any other school if these things were being reported.

It just boggles my mind that you guys don't think this stuff is a big deal. It's like UL and Michigan State are competing for nastiest program of 2018. My vote is UL, but not by much. That penis in a dog thing is really disgusting.
If the shoe was on the other foot, I wouldn’t care because I don’t have any invested interest in your program, aside from the occasional pot shot I toss out via this message board. Being that this is a “rivals“ message board, sure if a thread concerning either team is brought up, I’ll throw down a few words in jest. However, I don’t actively seek out turmoil which in this case is a non-issue regarding us, it’s similar to a tmz article being that it doesn’t affect anything regarding UL, nor does it hold much weight or bearing being that the Jurichs aren’t part of this orginaztion anymore. It’s just a spoiled rich kid bantering on in an email to the University, kicking and screaming that they’re no longer the center piece at games. They’re lucky to be able to attend games at all, the leeway and payouts given to the Jurichs were ridiculous enough, being that he is a crook. For all I care, that whole family can jump off a cliff. **** em. @zipp should follow.

Reactions: kyjeff1
If the shoe was on the other foot, I wouldn’t care because I don’t have any invested interest in your program, aside from the occasional pot shot I toss out via this message board. Being that this is a “rivals“ message board, sure if a thread concerning either team is brought up, I’ll throw down a few words in jest. However, I don’t actively seek out turmoil which in this case is a non-issue regarding us, it’s similar to a tmz article being that it doesn’t affect anything regarding UL, nor does it hold much weight or bearing being that the Jurichs aren’t part of this orginaztion anymore. It’s just a spoiled rich kid bantering on in an email to the University, kicking and screaming that they’re no longer the center piece at games. They’re lucky to be able to attend games at all, the leeway and payouts given to the Jurichs were ridiculous enough, being that he is a crook. For all I care, that whole family can jump off a cliff. **** em. @zipp should follow.
What the hell happened to your screen name?

Sour grapes from the Jurich family. Nothing to see here...

The big news is all the trash talk coming our UofL prior to the Bama game this weekend.

Cardinal fans, are you buying into the trash talking? Aren't you guys ranked around 66 or so this year?

Reactions: C*A*T*S
Did you change your screenname?

I hope there's a response in the paper from Tyra too. This could get interesting.

"Dear kid . . . GFY.

Regards,

Vince"

4pRd.gif

Last edited:
....and the faux-apology has arrived from poor wittle Markie....

"I’m sorry my message got lost yesterday — it’s never been about the seats, I know there is not a bad location in either of these beautiful venues. To the UofL fans I offended, I am truly sorry. I’ll be at every home game with my boys — we are excited to support the Cards!"

Translation: Daddy told me I need to try to fix the bad look caused by my whining.

^ this guy doesn't even know what an audit is or means. Doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing. Big money being moved quickly. Not unheard of to be audited. Moron.

Also find it amusing that JC is quick to post about UofL yet I haven't seen him post about his own team in a week or two. Not surprising.

Reactions: Steelers2012
I understand why some UL fans focus on the posters than the topic.

I'd probably too at this point. Even though the news is new, I'm sure they're tired of talking about the topic. I'm guess they feel like mocking/shaming the messenger, hopefully they'll stop talking about the topic as well.

Edit:what's going on with @anon_0astpxev9h4gk

Reactions: RipThru and kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT