ADVERTISEMENT

Hey UK fans

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
I know yesterday wasn't one of y'all's finest. I watched the end of y'all's game even to the point of missing the UT tip off on purpose. ( I never do that) I couldn't believe how bad y'all looked. Normally, I would be overcome with wanting to make fun of you, but I was actually so shocked, I started feeling sorry for you and I still do. So, I won't be making fun of you until you return to your normal cocky selves.

If Calipari survives this he is bulletproof.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
hug-love.gif
slap-ass-come-on-babe.gif

I know yesterday wasn't one of y'all's finest. I watched the end of y'all's game even to the point of missing the UT tip off on purpose. ( I never do that) I couldn't believe how bad y'all looked. Normally, I would be overcome with wanting to make fun of you, but I was actually so shocked, I started feeling sorry for you and I still do. So, I won't be making fun of you until you return to your normal cocky selves.

If Calipari survives this he is bulletproof.
It’s what I have been saying for years, freshmen choke in the tournament. For whatever reason, the weight of the tournament is just too heavy, but also, we have a coach that knows what his best lineup is, but he refuses to play it.

Cal is not the same guy he was when he got here, he would rather flip the bird to the fans than play his best lineup and these bad losses are really piling up now. He’s destroying the program because his main goal is getting players drafted. Why else would you bench your best players and play 2 guys that shouldn't get 10mpg?

Even as shell shocked as Sheppard was, UK was still better than Oakland with the three R's in the game, but Cal rearely played that combo. He's done it all year.

I'd be fine if he was prioritizing winning and doing everything he could to win, but he's not.

Reactions: cdbearde
It’s what I have been saying for years, freshmen choke in the tournament. For whatever reason, the weight of the tournament is just too heavy, but also, we have a coach that knows what his best lineup is, but he refuses to play it.

Cal is not the same guy he was when he got here, he would rather flip the bird to the fans than play his best lineup and these bad losses are really piling up now. He’s destroying the program because his main goal is getting players drafted. Why else would you bench your best players and play 2 guys that shouldn't get 10mpg?

Even as shell shocked as Sheppard was, UK was still better than Oakland with the three R's in the game, but Cal rearely played that combo. He's done it all year.

I'd be fine if he was prioritizing winning and doing everything he could to win, but he's not.
My concern was not the line up. It was y'all being shocked at that stupid little zone they threw at you. That was beyond incompetent, y'all's handling that. Y'all never decided to focus on any particular strength and ride it to victory. Y'all just ho hummed and allowed Oakland to stay in it.

I know UK fans go on and on about line ups. but the bottom line is that every player UK brought to the court yesterday is better than anything Oakland had. This game was about not executing and that is only coaching.

My concern was not the line up. It was y'all being shocked at that stupid little zone they threw at you. That was beyond incompetent, y'all's handling that. Y'all never decided to focus on any particular strength and ride it to victory. Y'all just ho hummed and allowed Oakland to stay in it.
Looked like we never played basketball before.

I can't believe what I watched last night. They were a shell of themselves, like they were scared.

The worst thing is, even as bad as they played, they still had chance after chance to take the lead and win the game, but every time they got to the threshold, they would throw the ball away, or take a really bad shot. Edwards missed 3 bunnies and actually got stuffed by the rim on a wide open dunk.

The only 2 players worth a damn, was Reeves and Tre Mitchell… the 2 veterans. Go figure.

I know UK fans go on and on about line ups. but the bottom line is that every player UK brought to the court yesterday is better than anything Oakland had. This game was about not executing and that is only coaching.
Ueah, but besides the 2 veterans, they didn't play like it.

The weight of the NCAAT is too heavy for freshmen.

I don't understand how they can play so great on the road at Auburn, MSU and UT, but crumble against a mid major in the tournament with the stands packed with UK fans.

Looked like we never played basketball before.

I can't believe what I watched last night. They were a shell of themselves, like they were scared.

The worst thing is, even as bad as they played, they still had chance after chance to take the lead and win the game, but every time they got to the threshold, they would throw the ball away, or take a really bad shot. Edwards missed 3 bunnies and actually got stuffed by the rim on a wide open dunk.

The only 2 players worth a damn, was Reeves and Tre Mitchell… the 2 veterans. Go figure.
UK has proven that talent is not enough to go far in the dance. Unless you can mold them into a hard mined force and Cal has not been able to do that. Maybe, 2 great freshmen and the rest vets? Last night UK looked clueless. It was disgraceful.

Ueah, but besides the 2 veterans, they didn't play like it.

The weight of the NCAAT is too heavy for freshmen.

I don't understand how they can play so great on the road at Auburn, MSU and UT, but crumble against a mid major in the tournament with the stands packed with UK fans.
Because they can get into a groove, but we faced with adversity they crumble. If you remember, y'all had us by 14 pts and in no time we almost came back and won it in Knoxville.

UK has proven that talent is not enough to go far in the dance. Unless you can mold them into a hard mined force and Cal has not been able to do that. Maybe, 2 great freshmen and the rest vets? Last night UK looked clueless. It was disgraceful.
It’s what I have said for years, if winning college titles was your goal, you wouldn't buikd your rosters this way.
It worked when he was getting generational and transcendent guys, but in 2012, there was an NBA lockout that made 3 players return that would have left otherwise. Plus, AD was a generational player. If you can do that every year, cool, but those days are over.
Build your roster out of veterans and if you can get 1 or 2 legit top shelf freshmen, sure, but your best players can't be a bunch of high school kids.
Jay Wright said exactly that last night too, I've been waiting for guys like him to say that. Finally, it happened.

Reactions: della
Because they can get into a groove, but we faced with adversity they crumble. If you remember, y'all had us by 14 pts and in no time we almost came back and won it in Knoxville.
I'd take Reed Sheppard, Dillingham and Reeves any day, but putting 4 freshmen on the floor, isn't going to work.
Cal made it worse by constantly running DJ and Edwards out there knowing they didn't have it. He did it because he was trying to get them going so they would pop back up on draft boards. There is no other reason.

Reactions: della
ADVERTISEMENT