ADVERTISEMENT

Will the AP voters finally stop trolling Michigan?

Because you beat some crappy team by 8 points or because UNC beat Gonzaga and you hammered the Heels? I don't even know what you guys are ranked tbh. I would probably have you at #3 or 4 right now in terms of who I think are the best teams and #2 or 3 in terms of where you should be ranked in terms of what they have done so far.

Because you beat some crappy team by 8 points or because UNC beat Gonzaga and you hammered the Heels? I don't even know what you guys are ranked tbh. I would probably have you at #3 or 4 right now in terms of who I think are the best teams and #2 or 3 in terms of where you should be ranked in terms of what they have done so far.

Based on resume, they should’ve already been top 2-3. AP voters kept them 5th. UNC’s win over Gonzaga just adds to that.

Reactions: 8th Man
I doubt ur a #1 seed come tourney time, can't say that for the other 4 teams in front of you, sometimes the truth hurts...

Will they?
They started Michigan off soo low in the rankings and I still don't get it. They won the Big 10 tournament and went to the national championship game yet they were ranked what 19th preseason? I know he was a good player but the only guy they lost was Mo Wagner. Still have Zavier Simpson, Charles Matthews, Jordan Poole, and brought in Ignas Brazdeikis. Yet another example of the Big 10 getting the shaft preseason.

Don’t see what the fuss is about. Michigan is good. They will be ranked 4th. Espn has them as a 1 seed in the South.

I doubt ur a #1 seed come tourney time, can't say that for the other 4 teams in front of you, sometimes the truth hurts...

Lol like Kansas being a trash ****ing program ? Go buy some better players with your shitbag coach who pisses down his leg in every game it matters

Trey Burke owns your entire program

Lol like Kansas being a trash ****ing program ? Go buy some better players with your shitbag coach who pisses down his leg in every game it matters

Trey Burke owns your entire program

That escalated quickly.

Don’t see what the fuss is about. Michigan is good. They will be ranked 4th. Espn has them as a 1 seed in the South.

They should've been ranked higher than 5 in the past poll. They are undefeated with really good wins and have looked as good as anyone by eye test. Having three 1 loss teams ahead of them was trolly.

It’s weird you’re complaining about rankings. Almost as bad as complaining about revenues and playing teams beneath you.

Michigan is being slept on for now but winning will take care of that. If UNC continues to play well that will benefit them in the long run too.

Michigan is #2 in the NCAA Net Rankings. They'll be fine.

I haven't seen UM play since the Northwestern game, but what happened the last two games? They didn't exactly hammer South Carolina or Western Michigan, two fairly ho-hum teams.

I would take Michigan over any team in the country right now. Great coaching, probably the best defense in the country, solid veterans with some young guys that can score inside and outside of the 3 point line.

It took a juggernaut team to beat them in the championship last year and they are returning just about everyone. The Bradzeikis kid has stepped right in for Wagner and they haven’t missed a beat.

Michigan is the best team in the country IMO and betting them to win the national title is a smart move

I haven't seen UM play since the Northwestern game, but what happened the last two games? They didn't exactly hammer South Carolina or Western Michigan, two fairly ho-hum teams.

We were up by 16 with 5 minutes left vs SoCar and won by 11. Not quite the damning game you make it seem like. The game wasn’t close.

Reactions: dukedevilz

Also, it’s not about Michigan “being fine”. I’m just pointing out how annoying the AP voters are. Michigan is undefeated with a more impressive slate of wins than one loss Tennessee.

Michigan crack your top 25 yet?

I would take Michigan over any team in the country right now. Great coaching, probably the best defense in the country, solid veterans with some young guys that can score inside and outside of the 3 point line.

It took a juggernaut team to beat them in the championship last year and they are returning just about everyone. The Bradzeikis kid has stepped right in for Wagner and they haven’t missed a beat.

Michigan is the best team in the country IMO and betting them to win the national title is a smart move

I’m not going this far. Based on resume they should be higher but there are too many good teams to guarantee Michigan is one of the best or the best.

“Auburn has the best backcourt in the country”

Then how did NC State just beat them? We certainly don’t have a front court...

Michigan should be ranked number 1. It is political, pure and simple.

I don't like Michigan but they should be number 1.
Nothing says that like having a SOS near 100. Amirite?

Let me ask you this Bert, what is political about not having Michigan ranked #1?

Reactions: sgrooms
Nothing says that like having a SOS near 100. Amirite?

Let me ask you this Bert, what is political about not having Michigan ranked #1?
The folks who vote. Most have deeply held biases. I agree with Hail. I don't know why Virginia or Michigan should not be a combination of either 1 or 2. Michigan beat the stuffings out of Nova and the TarHeels. Why should they not be number 1?

It was political that UK started the season at 2. It was political that Duke moved up to the top after beating one team. It was not voted on facts just biases. Of course in basketball championships are not determined by the polls, thank goodness.

In the old days before we had a football playoff the Big 10 had a far better chance to win the mythical championship than say a team from the SEC. (Since the playoff started Ohio State is the only one that has punched the ticket.) The Big 10 states had big populations and a large number of votes in the poles. Plus, Notre Dame can't win a championship on the field on before the playoffs, but they always get undeserved votes in the polls.

The polls are polls; a collection of biases and little knowledge. I will bet that I watch more basketball than just about any of the pollsters.

ADVERTISEMENT