ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone on this board honestly think Auburn has a chance to avoid the big Valentine’s Day COCK?

I’ll agree that a loss is a loss but there is a difference in a 3 or 4 point loss versus a 40 point loss. You surly see that right? Hell look at Della, her right eye still twitches from that 40+ point loss UK hung on Tennessee in the 93 SEC tourney. Those kinds losses can have lasting affects!
In the grand scheme of the conference standings, one can lose by 100 & it’s no difference than a double overtime loss.

KY is gonna play in Nashville on Thursday!!

LOL!!!!
You guys have plenty of experience playing on Thursday. What’s it like?
tell me GIF

Uh, losing 3 straight at home would align with them being 240th. If they were dominant at home, they'd be top 20.
I misread his definition, thought it said the higher the number (as opposed to ranking) the better your performance at home...

This model proves nothing regarding home whistle, fouls, free throws attempted at home. Purdue gets a great home whistle, that is a fact.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
In the grand scheme of the conference standings, one can lose by 100 & it’s no difference than a double overtime loss.
Year that’s true but I don’t think taking a beating like that would make me worry about standings because you can always go on a run but what a loss like that could do to a teams confidence could be bad!

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Year that’s true but I don’t think taking a beating like that would make me worry about standings because you can always go on a run but what a loss like that could do to a teams confidence could be bad!
If the Cocks were young, I’d have this concern, but they’re old as all get out. I suspect they’ll flush it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
There was one call last night that was crazy to me. Auburn guy drove the ball into the paint on a break, the SC defender was in the paint and fell backwards to avoid contact, didn't even allow the AU guy to make contact. Ball goes in, ref calls an and-one. Sorry, but you aren't going to win when that shit happens. If you don't allow a team to play the way they normally do, they're toast.
So you're saying SC flops alot?

Reactions: Deepelm
You can't go off foul count.

South Carolina got called for some really weak ass calls and realized they had to back off on the physical play. Auburn was allowed to do whatever they wanted.

I think it has to do with the crowd. They’re right on top of the floor and very loud. If I had to guess, I'd say the refs are influenced more in that gym than anywhere else I can think of.
Refs dictate the style of play with their whistles. Plain and simple.
One really annoying thing that irks me is how they allow reach in steals for one side then "clean looking" swipes for the other side are always just whistle blown no questions asked. Basically turnover saving whistles that don't show much on the stat sheet.

I honestly don't think it was THAT bad last night, but home court IS a thing. Carolina simply missed a lot of high percentage close to the basket shots they usually make. Auburn was hitting all their 3 balls.

It was in reality a 20pt game, and towards the end Auburn went all try hard to get their fans free shit or something. The talk will be the 40 pt thing, but it will be a bit of an exaggeration. Not much different than the recent Auburn Florida game flipped. Just at the very end it didn't look as bad. A beating is a beating. We took beatings @ Ole Miss and @UT that were similar.

Last edited:
One really annoying thing that irks me is how they allow reach in steals for one side then "clean looking" swipes for the other side are always just whistle blown no questions asked. Basically turnover saving whistles that don't show much on the stat sheet.

I honestly don't think it was THAT bad last night, but that home court IS a thing. Carolina simply missed a lot of high percentage close to the basket shots they usually make. Auburn was hitting all their 3 balls.

It was in reality a 20pt game, and towards the end Auburn went all try hard to get their fans free shit or something. The 40 pt thing will be all the talk, but it will be a bit if an exaggeration. Auburn was losing in a similar fashion or worse vs Florida, but Florida let off the gas last 5 or so minutes.
100%. The refs can certainly disrupt a team. South Carolina was not allowed to be physical and they just don't have the offense to score with a team like Auburn.

However, the officiating has been better these last few years.

The calls I hate, are the ones where the ball handler shoots into the lane, jumps into the defender and gets the foul call. What the hell is a big supposed to do?

Some of these veteran guards have figured out that they can jump sideways into a defender and stil get the call.

I get it, their job is really hard, but some of these guys either have money on the game, or really suck at their job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
No, I'm saying SEC refs need better training and bigger balls.
Go to the 2:55 mark of this video and tell.me what you see. This is an atrocious call.

You said----"SC player ws in the lane---waiting---there was NO contact, and he fell. Block was called. If no contact, is that not a flop? You then said it keeps teams from playing the way they want.

Well, if he fell with no contact, then...….

Reactions: nrmorgan2001
You said----"SC player ws in the lane---waiting---there was NO contact, and he fell. Block was called. If no contact, is that not a flop? You then said it keeps teams from playing the way they want.

1. Training is fine.

2. So are the balls

3. This is called a layered play. Secndary defender is never in LGP---He moves, puts his hands on his chest, and it looks as if there is some contact. I have no issue with this being called a block,

You talk of training, but you have no idea how to officiate this play---Or what a layered play is. Or why the contact(hands to his chest) is illegal.

Reactions: Scotty00
100%. The refs can certainly disrupt a team. South Carolina was not allowed to be physical and they just don't have the offense to score with a team like Auburn.

However, the officiating has been better these last few years.

The calls I hate, are the ones where the ball handler shoots into the lane, jumps into the defender and gets the foul call. What the hell is a big supposed to do?

Some of these veteran guards have figured out that they can jump sideways into a defender and stil get the call.

I get it, their job is really hard, but some of these guys either have money on the game, or really suck at their job.
Understanding LGP would help a lot of you

I honestly don't think it was THAT bad last night, but home court IS a thing. Carolina simply missed a lot of high percentage close to the basket shots they usually make. Auburn was hitting all their 3 balls.

It was in reality a 20pt game, and towards the end Auburn went all try hard to get their fans free shit or something. The talk will be the 40 pt thing, but it will be a bit of an exaggeration. Not much different than the recent Auburn Florida game flipped. Just at the very end it didn't look as bad. A beating is a beating. We took beatings @ Ole Miss and @UT that were similar.
"reaching in" isnot a foul. Never has been....never will be.

"clean looking"---Interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: 954gator

I would have thought Reed Sheppard would get more fouls called on him. He reaches in constantly.

His mom is the all-time steals leader in UK women's bball. So, I am sure she taught him the fundamentals of a proper steal.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I would have thought Reed Sheppard would get more fouls called on him. He reaches in constantly.

His mom is the all-time steals leader in UK women's bball. So, I am sure she taught him the fundamentals of a proper steal.
Reed has extremely quick hands. He's also very fundamentally sond, and is rarely off balance. Therfore when he "reaches in". majority of the time, its very clean. PLus he is doing so without reaching across his body---his timing is solid.

Haha not all are crystal clean, but the quickness of the call usually on away teams has stood out to me. I just find it annoying when the loose ball fouls on rebounds and help D strips are called on one side and not the other. I'm honestly tired of watching games where one team has an obvious advantage, even if god forbid the advantage is for my squad.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Like I'll admit the refs let Florida D up extra physical early on in our game vs Aubie. @3:14 I mean even I was thinking cmon that's a foul ref.

Reactions: kyjeff1

That wasn't a flop, he fell back to keep from getting called for a foul. That was pretty obvious to me.

What would you do in that situation as the defender? You know, if you let that guy run into you, you're getting called for the foul. If you try to step to the side, he’s still going to run into you and you're still getting the foul. That kid did the only thing he could do, which was fall backwards. That was not a flop and it damn sure wasn't a foul.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
1. Training is fine.

2. So are the balls

3. This is called a layered play. Secndary defender is never in LGP---He moves, puts his hands on his chest, and it looks as if there is some contact. I have no issue with this being called a block,

You talk of training, but you have no idea how to officiate this play---Or what a layered play is. Or why the contact(hands to his chest) is illegal.
If that was a foul, then the game is ruined. sorry, that’s not a foul and shouldn’t be called a foul.
Not only that, but on the other end of the court, Auburn wasn’t getting called for that bullshit. They were able to do whatever the hell they wanted. It’s one of the reasons why they're so great at home, but suck on the rd.
If that is considered a foul, than the training is wrong, sorry, it just is. That’s not a foul.

This is no surprise, back a couple years ago, you defended this call and said it was a legit foul. My goodness, that’s just bad. Try calling that shit down at the local courts. Y'all need to do better at recognixing what an acting job is if you think these are fouls.

uconn-flop.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: mcnicKY91
And still go farther than USCjr, and have more fans. Little tidbit...after you got 40 pieced, Auburn student began camping out for the UK game...3 days ahead of time. Nobody cares about your welfare program.
Auburn fans have been camping out all year. Its not about a middle of the pack SEC program like kentucky

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Like I'll admit the refs let Florida D up extra physical early on in our game vs Aubie. @3:14 I mean even I was thinking cmon that's a foul ref.
I'm the same way. I don't want to get special treatment, I want to win straight up, no home whistle bullshit.
Chances are, you're not getting those calls in the NCAAT, so you need to rely on your game, not getting help from the refs.

If that was a foul, then the game is ruined. sorry, that’s not a foul and shouldn’t be called a foul.
Not only that, but on the other end of the court, Auburn wasn’t getting called for that bullshit. They were able to do whatever the hell they wanted. It’s one of the reasons why they're so great at home, but suck on the rd.
If that is considered a foul, than the training is wrong, sorry, it just is. That’s not a foul.

This is no surprise, back a couple years ago, you defended this call and said it was a legit foul. My goodness, that’s just bad. Try calling that shit down at the local courts. Y'all need to do better at recognixing what an acting job is if you think these are fouls.

uconn-flop.gif
I remember that call like it was yesterday. Higgins is literally as close as a ref can be to make that, and he blows it. Just absolutely blows it. Hands down one of the worst calls I have ever seen...and for it to come from a ref who is assigned to a Final Four game (in other words is considered to be one of the best refs in the country in order to get that assignment) makes it even more infuriating.

Absolutely terrible.

uconn-flop.gif
God damn....That play is from 14 fukin years ago,

If the roles were reversed---you cry foul. So shut the **** up.

Call is marginal at worse. Defender puts his hand in his back....Makes A-B movement, making ANY contact, even minimal, illegal---and a foul, i.e. he doesn't have legal guarding position.

You mutherdukers whine so much

I'm the same way. I don't want to get special treatment, I want to win straight up, no home whistle bullshit.
Chances are, you're not getting those calls in the NCAAT, so you need to rely on your game, not getting help from the refs.
Seruious question----You relly think majority of the officials give two ****s? And to add----You don't UK has ever benefited from a bad call, calls, etc?? Sure they have. So whine about it?

Again, if you feel the job is easy....give me a call. I'll hook you up this summer. Shit i'll even pay your camp fee.

You game?

97-23 says other wise.

And you're trying to tell me Auburn fans camp out 3 days for every home game? I call bull$hit
Who cares. UK is a big game. Always is. You dudes tout being the GOAT, then whine about teams camping out, having t-shirt night, etc...

Look at me---look at me---Well that is, until someone does----Then it triggers you.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Seruious question----You relly think majority of the officials give two ****s? And to add----You don't UK has ever benefited from a bad call, calls, etc?? Sure they have. So whine about it?

Again, if you feel the job is easy....give me a call. I'll hook you up this summer. Shit i'll even pay your camp fee.

You game?
They do when they have a bet on the game. 🤣 🤣

God damn....That play is from 14 fukin years ago,

If the roles were reversed---you cry foul. So shut the **** up.

Call is marginal at worse. Defender puts his hand in his back....Makes A-B movement, making ANY contact, even minimal, illegal---and a foul, i.e. he doesn't have legal guarding position.

You mutherdukers whine so much
Nope, if it was reversed and the UK player threw himself on the floor, I would call it out. That's not how I want to win.

That UConn player flopped, he threw himself on the floor and got the call. That was an acting job the fact that you still think that was a foul, that tells me you don't know the difference between a real foul and an acting job.

You game?
Has UK benefited from a favorable whistle? Shit yeah they have and if anyone wants to post clips, I'll be more than happy to admit favoritism.

But the truth is, Calipari has pissed off a lot of refs, including John Higgins.

Yeah, lets trade jobs, I'll officiate a game, you go out and climb cell towers and pour concrete. Just let me know when, then you can tell me which job is harder.

ADVERTISEMENT