ADVERTISEMENT

West Virginia vs Texas Tech

VulvHa

Jan 30, 2003
West Virginia getting 4.5 pts? Seems too high. For those that have watched both teams a lot more than I have, should I bet West Virginia? Thoughts?

West Virginia getting 4.5 pts? Seems too high. For those that have watched both teams a lot more than I have, should I bet West Virginia? Thoughts?

WVU is the better team, but it's gonna be tough on their home floor. Expecting a close loss.

If it gets to 5.5 I'd definitely take wvu and the points...

WVU is the better team, but it's gonna be tough on their home floor. Expecting a close loss.

If it gets to 5.5 I'd definitely take wvu and the points...
If wvu is the better team, then they will win.

As great a WVA has been I believe it would be dumb to bet on them to win on the road until they prove they can. One thing I've learned in the past is that it is pointless to evaluate WVA based on how they play at home since they enjoy a massive home court advantage and often look much worse on the road.

They’re on the road, which makes a big difference. West Virginia at home against TT would be greater than 4.5 pts favs.
As great a WVA has been I believe it would be dumb to bet on them to win on the road until they prove they can. One thing I've learned in the past is that it is pointless to evaluate WVA based on how they play at home since they enjoy a massive home court advantage and often look much worse on the road.
West Virginia is getting 4.5 pts. They don’t have to win the game to win the bet.

That's not true at all.

WVU beats KU every year in Morgantown. That makes us the better team the past 4 years, or whatever it's been?

Last edited:

We have road wins at Pitt, Kansas State, Oklahoma State... this one will be a lot harder though.

Reactions: KisteK
I got WVU +5

We get one of our best players back from a 16 game suspension today.

Will make this team much better in the long run, but hopefully it doesn't throw them off today while they adjust to playing with him in the lineup.

We have road wins at Pitt, Kansas State, Oklahoma State... this one will be a lot harder though.

that's what I'm saying. WVA has to prove it on the road vs a very good team before I drink the kool aid. Been burned in the past by falling in love with WVA after watching them kill somebody at home.

I personally don't think there is a team in the country that has a better home court advantage than WVA given the ultra aggressive way they play.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
that's what I'm saying. WVA has to prove it on the road vs a very good team before I drink the kool aid. Been burned in the past by falling in love with WVA after watching them kill somebody at home.

I personally don't think there is a team in the country that has a better home court advantage than WVA given the ultra aggressive way they play.

Last year I think we were 7-4 in true road games. Wins @ UVA, Iowa State, Oklahoma, TCU, Ok State, Texas, and one other.

Losses @ Kansas (blew a huge lead late), Baylor, K-State and Texas Tech.

That team last year was a lot older than this team though. This group definitely needs to prove itself on the road against a good team.

We dropped a few games at home last year that we shouldn't have.

Never bet a spread in Lubbock.

It's an afternoon game, so the full crazies won't be out... But many top teams know what it is like to try and get out of there with a W at all.
As long WVU loses by less than 5, I win the bet.

Damn this game has been fun to watch!! Now both teams trading buckets....welcome back Esa Ahmad as he's playing well right out of the gates.

Tech just literally pulled the chair out from under Carter. I know Carter wanted a foul but it looked at the very last second Tech cleared out.

That's not true at all.

WVU beats KU every year in Morgantown. That makes us the better team the past 4 years, or whatever it's been?
. Yes if you’re truly that much better (hence wvu fans clamoring to be #1) you go on the road and win tough games. If you don’t, you’re just another good team in the long run. Aka, look at our recent tourney runs.

. Yes if you’re truly that much better (hence wvu fans clamoring to be #1) you go on the road and win tough games. If you don’t, you’re just another good team in the long run. Aka, look at our recent tourney runs.

Laughing Shut up. That's just stupid. It's a top 10 road game.

WVU is clearly the better team of these 2.

Won't be that close in Morgantown, and we win on a neutral court too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT