ADVERTISEMENT

West Virginia vs Texas Tech

Its actually a 4 way tie right now. KU, WVU, Tech and OU are all 4-1 in conference play.

Sooo one of those 4 teams is going to win the league for certain, right? Everyone else has to pretty much be out of it.

I mean, TCU is a VERY GOOD basketball team, and they're 1-4 in league play so far.

Ha yeah my bad. I meant since you've been in the Big 12.
It's interesting though because we've been higher in sagarin and kenpom past two years and ended up with a 3 and 4 seeds. We're overrated now and are projected to be a higher see than that. Probably prefer being overrated in that sense then

Just like every other program in the Big 12. Goes to show you the difference. This is the worse KU team in 18 years and they'll still fight for the Big 12.

Every year when the race is close, KU fans say it's their worst team in however many years. Miracle wins at home always save you. Doesn't look the same this year, but we'll see.

The Big 12 hasn't had many coaches like Bob Huggins to challenge Kansas (forget the first 2 years). I don't know how many years he has left, but he'll be contending for league titles every year until he's done.

TCU isn't ready.

Not sure TTU is either, but I have to include them after today.
i can see tcu playin the spoiler
at a minimum -
of the other three,
i see wvu as having the best shot
to de-throne ku -
(ou essentially a one-man show,
and tech missing sr zach smith indefinitely)

I'm gonna laugh for days if Self finds a way to scrape out another one.

If Preston is cleared soon and KU is still within a game, they'll have as good of a shot as any.

Last WVU league title was 2010 right? When was the last before that?

Just like every other program in the Big 12. Goes to show you the difference. This is the worse KU team in 18 years and they'll still fight for the Big 12.

You guys have said this literally every year since we've been in the conference.

I'm gonna laugh for days if Self finds a way to scrape out another one.

If Preston is cleared soon and KU is still within a game, they'll have as good of a shot as any.

Last WVU league title was 2010 right? When was the last before that?

Winning that Big East was not comparable to winning the old Big 12.

How many conf. titles would Kansas have if they had those UConn, Louisville, Syracuse, WVU, Pitt, Villanova, Georgetown, Cincy, etc type teams in their league.

Why do I keep hearing about ttu missing Zach Smith? He played today. Scored 9 points, which is pretty much the average for his career.
no sir -
i told you already -
Tech has a freshman
#2 Zhaire Smith (who played today)
and #11 Zach Smith (sr - did not suit up)
(injured ankle - out indefinitely)

Reactions: doogie503
You guys have said this literally every year since we've been in the conference.

What years have that been the case? 2015 was maybe the closest year and still confident in winning the Big 12 that hear. When a KU team loses 2 games at home before we really get into Big 12 play then that tells you this is the worst KU team in years.

Now a long ways to go. If something clicks for this KU team they could be much better.

What years have that been the case? 2015 was maybe the closest year and still confident in winning the Big 12 that hear. When a KU team loses 2 games at home before we really get into Big 12 play then that tells you this is the worst KU team in years.

Now a long ways to go. If something clicks for this KU team they could be much better.

Every time it looks like KU might not win the league your fans go on and on about how it's the worst KU team in years and you hope you dont win it. Then when you end up winning it in the end you all pound your chests about it.

Every time it looks like KU might not win the league your fans go on and on about how it's the worst KU team in years and you hope you dont win it. Then when you end up winning it in the end you all pound your chests about it.
So. Not often at all??

So. Not often at all??

Every year.... any time it looks like the league title is in doubt you guys act like you dont care and say how it's the worst team in years.

KU fans just need to man up and admit how much this Big 12 streak means to them. It's what makes your program great. Haven't done much in the NCAA Tourney compared to the other blue bloods.

Winner winner on WVU +5. I’ll take the doody layup and 3 ball all day long. That awful out of bounds play by TT saved me.

This is the first year where most KU fans aren't confident that they will win the Big 12. There may have been doubts after losses in past years but this is the first time that KU has looked a good level below at least 1 Big 12 team let alone multiple Big 12 teams. And this is the first time in probably 20 years where they've looked vulnerable at home like this. Unlike past KU teams this team lacks the mental make up right now. Maybe something will click. A long way to go.

On a serious note is there no concern next year about a drop off? Carter looks like a huge loss, Miles gone, and Ahmad seems like at least he'll test the NBA.

This is the first year where most KU fans aren't confident that they will win the Big 12. There may have been doubts after losses in past years but this is the first time that KU has looked a good level below at least 1 Big 12 team let alone multiple Big 12 teams. And this is the first time in probably 20 years where they've looked vulnerable at home like this. Unlike past KU teams this team lacks the mental make up right now. Maybe something will click. A long way to go.

On a serious note is there no concern next year about a drop off? Carter looks like a huge loss, Miles gone, and Ahmad seems like at least he'll test the NBA.

8 of our top 10 are freshmen and sophomores.

Ahmad will be back. Our top recruit, Derek Culver (beat KU out for him), prepped and will be here next season. Our 2nd best PG (Brandon Knapper) is sitting out with a knee injury and will be back. Other nice players coming in.... Jordan McCabe, Trey Dooms, etc.

We'll miss Carter, but Miles is easily replaceable.

Expect that we'll add another big time big man, Oscar Tshiebwe.

WVU should be stacked for the next few years.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
Every year.... any time it looks like the league title is in doubt you guys act like you dont care and say how it's the worst team in years.

KU fans just need to man up and admit how much this Big 12 streak means to them. It's what makes your program great. Haven't done much in the NCAA Tourney compared to the other blue bloods.

The streak is not what makes our program great. A top 5 program well before the conference steak. The conference streak is a great accomplish and sad when it will end but will be an unnecessary monkey off their backs. Luckily we won at least 1 NCAA Title during it. Should have had 4-5 Final Fours though during that period.

The streak is not what makes our program great. A top 5 program well before the conference steak. The conference streak is a great accomplish and sad when it will end but will be an unnecessary monkey off their backs. Luckily we won at least 1 NCAA Title during it. Should have had 4-5 Final Fours though during that period.

I just mean compared to other blue blood programs. Duke, UNC, UK, etc... they've won multiple titles they last decade or two.

KU has one title the last 30 years.

You've slipped behind those other programs in the modern era, but the conference title streak keeps you guys in the conversation. Without that KU is basically Indiana or UCLA.

8 of our top 10 are freshmen and sophomores.

Ahmad will be back. Our top recruit, Derek Culver (beat KU out for him), prepped and will be here next season. Our 2nd best PG (Brandon Knapper) is sitting out with a knee injury and will be back. Other nice players coming in.... Jordan McCabe, Trey Dooms, etc.

We'll miss Carter, but Miles is easily replaceable.

Expect that we'll add another big time big man, Oscar Tshiebwe.

WVU should be stacked for the next few years.

Ahmad being back would be legit for you guys. Big fan of his.

Still don't see someone who is going to replace Carter. They'll definitely be a transition for you guys on who becomes the man on the team.

Culver will be good but just a freshman.

You'll be good but think you could take a step back for a year unless Ahmad jumps to POY level next year which think he has the ability to.

Every year it’s in doubt? The big 12 is always a rock solid lead. We hear teams bite at our ankles every year that they will knock us off the number one line. Teams have gotten really close......but hearing another fan base chatter when the season is young isn’t new.

Ahmad being back would be legit for you guys. Big fan of his.

Still don't see someone who is going to replace Carter. They'll definitely be a transition for you guys on who becomes the man on the team.

Culver will be good but just a freshman.

You'll be good but think you could take a step back for a year unless Ahmad jumps to POY level next year which think he has the ability to.

Brandon Knapper is really good. According to Huggs, he's Juwan Staten with a much better jumper.

He's a WV kid that went under the radar, then prepped for a year at Hargrave and dominated top competition.

Check out Jordan McCabe too. Kid's legit.

They won't be Carter on the defensive end, but they're better offensively. Plus we still have Beetle Bolden.

WVU is in really good hands at the pg spot.

I just mean compared to other blue blood programs. Duke, UNC, UK, etc... they've won multiple titles they last decade or two.

KU has one title the last 30 years.

You've slipped behind those other programs in the modern era, but the conference title streak keeps you guys in the conversation. Without that KU is basically Indiana or UCLA.

What keeps KU where it is isn't the conference streak. It's the consistency with winning. We've won 20+ games every year the last 29 years with the majority of the 30+ wins. We've had some tournament disappointments (have no confidence Self will get KU back go the Final 4 let alone win another title) but a contender most years. What has caused Indiana and UCLA to fall off is they've had many seasons of not making the NCAA tournament in the modern era.

KU isn't basically Indiana or UCLA without the streak. What KU is is a step below Duke/UK/UNC right now. Indiana and UCLA aren't even on the map right now.

What keeps KU where it is isn't the conference streak. It's the consistency with winning. We've won 20+ games every year the last 29 years with the majority of the 30+ wins. We've had some tournament disappointments (have no confidence Self will get KU back go the Final 4 let alone win another title) but a contender most years. What has caused Indiana and UCLA to fall off is they've had many seasons of not making the NCAA tournament in the modern era.

KU isn't basically Indiana or UCLA without the streak. What KU is is a step below Duke/UK/UNC right now. Indiana and UCLA aren't even on the map right now.

I'm not trying to hate on Kansas. You guys are a great program (one of the best in the sport), and IMO the best fanbase in college sports.

We'll see what happens on Monday.

TTU will always rush the field/court/****ing whatever after a big win.

There is a reason no one wants to play in Lubbock even if it was under water basket weaving. We are not sane.
I'm all for court rushing .... if the victor was an extreme underdog. Two top 10/15/40 teams battling.... eh.. nahhhh.

WVA proved to be frauds today, nothing new here. They haven't done anything relevant since 2010.

Your team is playing a tight game against a bum ass St. John's squad on the Fox Business channel right now on DirecTV, and you're talking about another team not being relevant. Laughing

Fox Business Channel.... really?

ADVERTISEMENT