ADVERTISEMENT

Well, ummmm, Kentucky fans.........

UK shit the bed for sure. So what would you call what UNC did?
Lived & died by the 3. Carolina didn’t have the talent of years past, plus coming off a national championship, this year went better than 99% of UNC fans expected.
It’s not like UNC had 6 McDonalds AA & lost to a 9 seed, while shooting almost 40 free throws.

Reactions: wesr and Deezheelz
Lived & died by the 3. Carolina didn’t have the talent of years past, plus coming off a national championship, this year went better than 99% of UNC fans expected.
It’s not like UNC had 6 McDonalds AA & lost to a 9 seed, while shooting almost 40 free throws.
You're right, they got steamrolled by a mediocre team. Game was never even close. Well played.

I am becoming more and more disenfranchised with the whole McD's/star rating system. It isn't consistent. It was accurate with last years UK team, and a real head-scratcher with this year's. How in the hell can it swing so wildly from year to year on ability?

Atlanta sucks ass anyway. I'm glad Nashville is home to 6 of the next 7 SEC tourneys.
Not a big fan of Atlanta either. Traffic is absolute hell. Nashville is moving in that direction though with the influx of new people. Glad my hometown is getting more exposure, but I could definitely do without all of the traffic.

Not a big fan of Atlanta either. Traffic is absolute hell. Nashville is moving in that direction though with the influx of new people. Glad my hometown is getting more exposure, but I could definitely do without all of the traffic.
I love Nashville, one of my favorite cities in the world. I always plan out my trips through Atlanta in the middle of the night, so it's smooth sailing. I won't even attempt to drive though ATL during daylight hours. The bypass is a joke too. Takes just as long to loop around as it would sitting in traffic.

I love Nashville, one of my favorite cities in the world. I always plan out my trips through Atlanta in the middle of the night, so it's smooth sailing. I won't even attempt to drive though ATL during daylight hours. The bypass is a joke too. Takes just as long to loop around as it would sitting in traffic.
I was supremely bummed when the NCAA games in Nashville were announced. I was hoping for Duke, UT, and UK. Would have been incredible and worth the cost of the tickets, which I imagine would have been insane. I guess the silver lining is that it saved me a weekend of travel and a hit to my bank account.

I’ve already pointed out UNC didn’t have the talent of years past. No bigs, only 2 McDonalds AA. UNC was a 3 point shooting team that died by the 3.
A&M jacked up plenty of 3's too... which was odd. That's not typically their style.

Look for Carolina’s recruiting to start moving up. Rival coaches can’t lie about NCAA sanctions anymore.
That was part of it for sure, it will be interesting to see how Roy handles Little next year... if he doesn't start and sticks around for his sophomore year I think you can forget about getting top talent for awhile. However if he plays well and gets a top 5 pick after one year I think your recruiting will pick up. In this day and age top 30 kids don't want to sit and wait until their sophomore or junior year, which is annoying AF.

That was part of it for sure, it will be interesting to see how Roy handles Little next year... if he doesn't start and sticks around for his sophomore year I think you can forget about getting top talent for awhile. However if he plays well and gets a top 5 pick after one year I think your recruiting will pick up. In this day and age top 30 kids don't want to sit and wait until their sophomore or junior year, which is annoying AF.
Agreed. That’s my biggest bitch about Roy. He totally mishandled Jalek by sitting him so much, till Jalek screwed up.

Am I supposed to be super upset or moderate upset? I'm barely upset so I think I'm doing it wrong..

Depends. Do you have other things in your life or are you the typical UK fan whose whole identity is wrapped up in a college basketball team?

Reactions: UNC71-00
UVA really was. NCAAt is just a crapshoot. Conference rankings rules all.

Nah we were one of them but no real separation. I do hate that we will end up with only 3 losses and it’s considered a failure lol

Honestly, nobody really expected UK to do much in the tournament at the end of the season.
Meh, somewhat true. I mean all we heard was how UK had won 7 of 8. How five of those were vs good, NCAAT teams. How this team was finally getting it. So there were those who felt UK would/could make a run. Especially when the South region imploded. With how the region panned out, I cannot think to many from BBN didn' think you guys would not only be playing today---but next weekend as well.

Meh, somewhat true. I mean all we heard was how UK had won 7 of 8. How five of those were vs good, NCAAT teams. How this team was finally getting it. So there were those who felt UK would/could make a run. Especially when the South region imploded. With how the region panned out, I cannot think to many from BBN didn' think you guys would not only be playing today---but next weekend as well.
If we were IU we'd be handing out rings.

If we were IU we'd be handing out rings.
Probably. But then again, maybe not. After all, we didn' lose to a 9 seed. MOF, all three of Creans losses in the SW 16 doesn' t add up to 9; lost to a 1 seed twice and a 4 seed.
So maybe no ring for losing to a 9 seed, with an 11 seed waiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT