ADVERTISEMENT

Well, ummmm, Kentucky fans.........

This is what the selection committee gets for seeding the South the way that they did. I'm glad it happened.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Your attempt at jinx is denied
No jinx. I wouldn't mind it at all. Wife would love it. Happy wife---------Happy life. I don't let the outcome of a basketball game/tournament effect my life, or happiness. Its just a game. And its not like UK's never gonna get to the FF again. Just so happens, their path just got a lot easier.

woo hoo!!! Jokes on the selection committee by giving us the best 13 and 16 seed.

Seriously the way the lower seeds (Buffalo, UMBC) have played, I'd almost rather play Arizona and UVA. Laughing

No you don’t, lower seeds won’t keep up with this kind of performance. They are underdogs for a reason, and with time they will cool off and fall back to reality. The later you face them, the better.

on paper it looks like we got lucky with 2 of the top 4 seeds losing on the first day
but you still gotta play the games and anything can happen
that is what makes the NCAAT such a great tournament
Very true. Buffalo's no slouch. But with that being said, I fully expect them and UMBC to lose. Good teams can put stretches of 4, 5 or 6 games of playing really good ball. OK, or average teams cannot. Buffalo and UMBC had their moments.

No you don’t, lower seeds won’t keep up with this kind of performance. They are underdogs for a reason, and with time they will cool off and fall back to reality. The later you face them, the better.
Prety much what I just said. Sure ever once in a blue moon they'll make a run to the SW 16. But more often than not, next game is their exit. I see that for Buffalo and UMBC. MOF, I think both get blown out.

when Kansas won it all in 1988....they played 11 seed Xavier, 14 seed Murray St. 7th seed Vandy, and then 4 seed KSU. That was the easiest path to the ff that I could come up with of the top of my head.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Virginia, Kentucky, Arizona in the same region, with 2 of the absolute hottest mid-majors in the nation.
So the seeding isn't the issue........Its the teams?I can agree with tha to an extent. But where do you put them? And is it ok if a region gets screwed-------Just as long as its not UK's?

I mean switch Arizona with The Zags? Or possibly Wichita? Ok. I mean what would you have done?

when Kansas won it all in 1988....they played 11 seed Xavier, 14 seed Murray St. 7th seed Vandy, and then 4 seed KSU. That was the easiest path to the ff that I could come up with of the top of my head.
Their 2011 path was easier but they couldn’t make it

Reactions: Big_Blue79
If we don’t manage to blow it tomorrow, I’ll feel good about it.

Gotta get it to Atlanta so that our fans will show up in droves.

Prety much what I just said. Sure ever once in a blue moon they'll make a run to the SW 16. But more often than not, next game is their exit. I see that for Buffalo and UMBC. MOF, I think both get blown out.
If Buffalo gets blown out, that means we lost to them because our team can’t blow anyone out.

I commented in another thread that UK fans can’t bitch nothing in terms of how hard thier path is. Then again they will find something to complain about.

I thought UK had the toughest path to a F4 of any. Now, well... I'm not complaining though. I will gladly take a 12, 13, 16/9 seed path to the elite 8 lol.

Reactions: AWilli6995
No, but when they lose you will hear him complain about the refs, the locker room, the bus driver, the temperature in the arena and the way the hotel maids cleaned the windows.

This is totally false. I dare you find anytime he complained about refs? He may complain about seeding, but that’s it. And usually he’s been spot on.

Too bad we have a UK team that is capable of losing to anyone... if it was last years squad playing this bracket then I’d guarantee a final four but nothing is for certain with Diallo getting minutes

I dont think any UK fan is over-confident, but if we dont go far its all on us. Surprised we won the SEC tourney, not shocked, but surprised.

It’s all right there. Now do they take advantage or do the freshman thing and think the road is easy?

ADVERTISEMENT