ADVERTISEMENT

Well, ummmm, Kentucky fans.........

It's not like Buffalo and UMBC had last second fluke upsets.... they destroyed Arizona and Virginia by 20.
True but that’s two of the biggest upsets ever in the tournament & they both happened in UKs bracket, to UKs next two opponents. I’m telling you, it’s destiny for UK, trust me, the final 4 is A LOCK!!!!!

Reactions: twocoach
True but that’s two of the biggest upsets ever in the tournament & they both happened in UKs bracket, to UKs next two opponents. I’m telling you, it’s destiny for UK, trust me, the final 4 is A LOCK!!!!!
Take it back right now!!! Your jinx will not work! :mad:

Reactions: Hard2Bluff
So the seeding isn't the issue........Its the teams?I can agree with tha to an extent. But where do you put them? And is it ok if a region gets screwed-------Just as long as its not UK's?

I mean switch Arizona with The Zags? Or possibly Wichita? Ok. I mean what would you have done?
Late on this obviously.

My main problem, that I didn't express here, is that the top half of the region was out of balance. Would you agree that there are 7 leagues that are better than the rest? Those would be the Power 5, Big East and AAC. I'll wait for your answer to expand my thoughts.

Late on this obviously.

My main problem, that I didn't express here, is that the top half of the region was out of balance. Would you agree that there are 7 leagues that are better than the rest? Those would be the Power 5, Big East and AAC. I'll wait for your answer to expand my thoughts.
I'mnot sure it was that "out of balanced". Look at the West:
Xavier, Florida State, Ohio State, Gonzaga and even Missouri. All but FSU were Top 4 in their respective conference. I mean that's not "easy" by no means. And could be argued just as imposing as UVA, AZ, UK, Creighton and K State..

In the West you have Big East, Big 10, ACC and the SEC, in the Top half. Only outlier is Gonzaga. But, well, they did play for the National title last year.

I just don't think its that unbalanced.

I'mnot sure it was that "out of balanced". Look at the West:
Xavier, Florida State, Ohio State, Gonzaga and even Missouri. All but FSU were Top 4 in their respective conference. I mean that's not "easy" by no means. And could be argued just as imposing as UVA, AZ, UK, Creighton and K State..

In the West you have Big East, Big 10, ACC and the SEC, in the Top half. Only outlier is Gonzaga. But, well, they did play for the National title last year.

I just don't think its that unbalanced.
Do you believe those 7 conferences are on a different level from the others this year? Just need a yes or no.

Do you believe those 7 conferences are on a different level from the others this year?
I think the PAC 12 was terrible. Sans the three teams that got in were dumped in round 1. I think those conference's are mostly on a different level EVERY year; That's why they are called POWER conference's. THe AAC was bolstered by the addition of Wichita State. Before that,just an average league that before the addition of WSU, was on par with the MVC. Houston is having a good year.

The top half of the West was just as imposing. Very, very good OSU team. Very good Xavier team. Gonzaga really good. All bunched together.

I mean exactly what are you trying to get at?

I think the PAC 12 was terrible. Sans the three teams that got in were dumped in round 1. I think those conference's are mostly on a different level EVERY year; That's why they are called POWER conference's. THe AAC was bolstered by the addition of Wichita State. Before that,just an average league that before the addition of WSU, was on par with the MVC. Houston is having a good year.

The top half of the West was just as imposing. Very, very good OSU team. Very good Xavier team. Gonzaga really good. All bunched together.

Just a yes or no. Were those 7 leagues better than the rest? If you will give me your answer then I will explain.

I will grant you that the Pac12 was #7.

Just a yes or no. Were those 7 leagues better than the rest? If you will give me your answer then I will explain.

I will grant you that the Pac12 was #7.
I did answer it. The Power 5 and the Big East are always the top dog. The AAC not so much, though. Like I said, the addition of WSU really helped that league. They have four nice teams this year; Cincy, Houston, Creighton,along with WSU. Hell I'm not sold they are that much better than the MVC. Yet to be seen if Houston will remain a constant. WE shall see.

So again...Your point being? The Power 5 and Big East are who they are. Then throw the flavor league of the year.

THe top half of the West carried a strong contingent from all the conference's mentioned; sans the AAC. Not to mention a very good Gonzaga program, who would compete in any conference.

I'm tired of waiting so here it goes:

- In those 7 leagues there are a total of 14 championships. 7 regular season titles and 7 conference tournament titles.

- I would think good balanced brackets would have 3.5 championships in each region. Using the half because of the split regular season title with UT and Auburn. Or 4,4,3,3 seems like a good balanced bracket.

- The total championships in each region this year are:
- Midwest - 3.5. Kansas(2), MSU(1), Auburn(.5)
- West - 2. Xavier(1), Michigan(1)
- East - 1. Villanova
- South - 7.5. Virginia(2), Cincinnati(2), Arizona(2), Kentucky(1), UT(1)

I get that those 7 conference aren't equal but using just Power 5 would result in similar results. Does that look like a well balanced bracket going off what happened in the regular season and conference tourneys? It doesn't to me. You had 5 of those championships in the upper half of the South bracket. Switch Arizona and Wichita it looks better but make Arizona the 3 and Texas Tech the 4. I don't think that teams that swept their conferences, especially Power 5, should have the potential to meet before the Elite 8.

I'm tired of waiting so here it goes:

- In those 7 leagues there are a total of 14 championships. 7 regular season titles and 7 conference tournament titles.

- I would think good balanced brackets would have 3.5 championships in each region. Using the half because of the split regular season title with UT and Auburn. Or 4,4,3,3 seems like a good balanced bracket.

- The total championships in each region this year are:
- Midwest - 3.5. Kansas(2), MSU(1), Auburn(.5)
- West - 2. Xavier(1), Michigan(1)
- East - 1. Villanova
- South - 7.5. Virginia(2), Cincinnati(2), Arizona(2), Kentucky(1), UT(1)

I get that those 7 conference aren't equal but using just Power 5 would result in similar results. Does that look like a well balanced bracket going off what happened in the regular season and conference tourneys? It doesn't to me. You had 5 of those championships in the upper half of the South bracket. Switch Arizona and Wichita it looks better but make Arizona the 3 and Texas Tech the 4. I don't think that teams that swept their conferences, especially Power 5, should have the potential to meet before the Elite 8.
Tired of waiting? Dude I answered your question twice. Plus you forgot Gonzaga(West). I know..not a part of the Power 5, Big East,AAC .......But they are as good as anyone in any of those leagues. SO to leave them out of just b/c they're not a part of one of the "elite" conference's is silly. And as you said,those conference's are not equal. And that matters. Arizona won a bad, bad Pac-12. Cincy won an OK AAC. Neither of those teams would have won the ACC,Big 10,Big 12 or the SEC; maybe Cincy. But I'm not sold on them.

Just b/c you won your conference, or conference tourney,doesn't always mean you are better than a team that finished 2nd or 3rd in another conference. Looking at where conference champs are put is part of the equation. But it doesn't tell the whole story. PLus I think people see the name of a team, and connect that with them "having to be really good". Or look at their regualr season, how good they were, yet overlook their weakness'.

I know what you are getting at. And that is fine. But it looks as if the NCAA's attempt to road block UK has failed. All is good.

I actually like how some are devil's advocate. It's makes UK topics more interesting than other teams.

Meaning, no one is devils advocate to fans they don't care about.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
Tired of waiting? Dude I answered your question twice. Plus you forgot Gonzaga(West). I know..not a part of the Power 5, Big East,AAC .......But they are as good as anyone in any of those leagues. SO to leave them out of just b/c they're not a part of one of the "elite" conference's is silly. And as you said,those conference's are not equal. And that matters. Arizona won a bad, bad Pac-12. Cincy won an OK AAC. Neither of those teams would have won the ACC,Big 10,Big 12 or the SEC; maybe Cincy. But I'm not sold on them.

Just b/c you won your conference, or conference tourney,doesn't always mean you are better than a team that finished 2nd or 3rd in another conference. Looking at where conference champs are put is part of the equation. But it doesn't tell the whole story. PLus I think people see the name of a team, and connect that with them "having to be really good". Or look at their regualr season, how good they were, yet overlook their weakness'.

I know what you are getting at. And that is fine. But it looks as if the NCAA's attempt to road block UK has failed. All is good.

I'm more mad at the Virginia draw. Although UK's road could have potentially gone through 3 teams that swept one of the top 7 conferences.

The A10 is better than either of the leagues you mention - Missouri Valley and WCC. That would add another championship to the South.

Just about everyone stated that the Midwest and South were better than the other two. My numbers bear that out. Midwest is the most balanced and best bracket.

It’s not just UK. This is the easiest path ANY blue blood has ever had going to a final four. There’s no way UK won’t make it. Congrats!!!!!!
I love when someone reverse jinx's UK. UL fans have been doing it all season and it's worked out well.

I'm more mad at the Virginia draw. Although UK's road could have potentially gone through 3 teams that swept one of the top 7 conferences.

The A10 is better than either of the leagues you mention - Missouri Valley and WCC. That would add another championship to the South.

Just about everyone stated that the Midwest and South were better than the other two. My numbers bear that out. Midwest is the most balanced and best bracket.
Keep calling the AAC a "top conference". It's on par with the A-10, MVC. Its not some great conference. The West had Xavier, OSU, UNC, Gonzaga, Michigan and............. Yes, Houston . From that juggernaut AAC.

The reaches some of yo will go to kills me.

Here is how I would have had it including the A10 for a total of 16 championships(8 conferences):

South(4) - 1. UVA(2) 2. Purdue 3. TT 4. Wichita 5. UK(1) 7. RI(1)
East(4.5) - 1. Nova(1) 2. Cincy(2) 3. UT(.5) 4. Zags 12. Davidson (1)
Midwest(3.5) - 1. Kansas(2) 2. Duke 3. Mich St(1) Auburn(.5)
West(4) - 1. Xavier(1) 2. Unc 3. Michigan(1) 4. Arizona(2)

Seems balanced with just a few changes.

Keep calling the AAC a "top conference". It's on par with the A-10, MVC. Its not some great conference. The West had Xavier, OSU, UNC, Gonzaga, Michigan and............. Yes, Houston . From that juggernaut AAC.

The reaches some of yo will go to kills me.
The AAC has 7-8 teams capable of making it to the NCAA. It won't get that many bids but it is still 7th at worst. When UConn and Memphis get back it will only make the conference stronger. If you think the MVC can measure up with the AAC then your basketball IQ is extremely low.

I'm not doing this to get into a pissing match about which league is better. Let's just say it can be changed yearly on whether a conference has multiple bids. If the MVC gets 2+ bids next year then their championships go into the analytics of balancing the bracket. Same for the WCC.

Last edited:
JMO, but I felt the AAC was quite a bit better top to bottom and especially at the top then the A10 and will be for the foreseeable future.

The south was loaded.

I will say this, I didn't think about Bennett, Miller and Barnes representing 3 of the top 4 seeds though. That's 3 of the absolute biggesr March underachievers in the country so maybe we all should have seen this coming.

Here is how It could be with the 10 potential multi bid leagues for a total of 20 championships:

South(5) - 1. UVA(2) 2. Purdue 3. TT 4. Zags(2) 5. UK(1)
East(5.5) - 1. Nova(1) 2. Cincy(2) 3. UT(.5) 4. Wichita 11. Loyola(2)
Midwest(4.5) - 1. Kansas(2) 2. Duke 3. Mich St(1) 4. Auburn(.5) 7. RI(1)
West(5) - 1. Xavier(1) 2. Unc 3. Michigan(1) 4. Arizona(2) 12. Davidson(1)

Could even switch Arizona and Gonzaga back to the regions they came from. However, I think Virginia should not get a team that swept a power conference.

The Midwest was the strongest at the top however. You have Duke, Kansas and Michigan State all playing for 1 final four bid.

That is unfortunate for all 3 of those programs. This of all years will ofcourse be the year Self makes it out of his region.

Reactions: KisteK

Who is the “they” he referred to when he said “THEY tried to foul out my entire team?”

Does your dumbass honestly think Roy and UNCheat fans never complain about refs??? Hell Roy even has fans threw outta games lol. Good god son I saw where y’all was saying the refs beat y’all against UVA! Get over Cal and UK and everyone knows you’re trying your best to jinx UK by saying they will make the final four or you’re just saying that so if UK was to lose you could give them hell. It’s not our fault we got in the hardest bracket and then the ACC and PAC 12 champs choked! Love you pudding:)

Damn, my bad. I guess I was wrong about UK being a lock.
They were on house money anyway. Surprised they even made the Sweet 16. Granted, they did and they f-ed it up. PJ Washington better be spending the next 8 months at the FT line..

They were on house money anyway. Surprised they even made the Sweet 16. Granted, they did and they f-ed it up. PJ Washington better be spending the next 8 months at the FT line..
Just sucks cause a banner is right there for the taking for anyone alive at this point. At least that's how I felt as a Heel fan after our loss. Ugh.

Not to flame, but seriously....you didn't expect to beat Davidson and Buffalo?

Every last one of you thought this team was playing at a high level and expected a final four when the. bracket opened up.

Reactions: uncfan in ky

Every last one of you thought this team was playing at a high level and expected a final four when the. bracket opened up.
This, UK fans know they had a golden ticket to the final 4 & shit the bed.

Reactions: 829305

Before the tournament started, best I expected was a Sweet 16. They weren't going to win it all anyway, so it really doesn't matter whether they lost now or in the FF.

Man, I can't imagine how pissed off the hotels/bars/restaurants are in Atlanta now that UK is out. Have to think a lot of people are leaving town this morning a couple of days early.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT