ADVERTISEMENT

Waiting for Duke and UK to lose...

Jul 6, 2007
tenor.gif

Waiting for opening day.
See, I really wish I liked baseball more. Would totally help get me through the summer. However, I can't ever get into it. Maybe its the amount of games? Regardless, other than watching the major golf tournaments, I don't have a whole lot to watch until football in September. Always watch every NBA playoff game too.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
See, I really wish I liked baseball more. Would totally help get me through the summer. However, I can't ever get into it. Maybe its the amount of games? Regardless, other than watching the major golf tournaments, I don't have a whole lot to watch until football in September. Always watch every NBA playoff game too.
Personally I’d rather watch baseball than any sport. I’d rather take a nap than watch anything golf related.

Reactions: KisteK
Yea, I get a lot of shit about that. "Baseball is boring, but I'll watch any golf round" Can totally see the hypocrisy
Baseball has always been in my family. My dad played DI baseball & I played D2. My son is 13 & in the 7th grade & is very talented. Made his high school V/JV team this year.
Hopefully he keeps the passion for the sport & has a future in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: KisteK and JimboBBN
Baseball has always been in my family. My dad played DI baseball & I played D2. My son is 13 & in the 7th grade & is very talented. Made is high school V/JV team this year.
Very cool, I hope your son finds success at the next level and on. And if he makes it big in high school I hope he comes to UK ;)

I'm with you on baseball. After the NBA Finals, I binge watch shows on Netflix or catch up on movies. But from late August to mid June, its college football, college basketball and NBA for me.

I'm with you on baseball. After the NBA Finals, I binge watch shows on Netflix or catch up on movies. But from late August to mid June, its college football, college basketball and NBA for me.
Summer can be sooooo boring as far as watching sports go. Late June to late August is just brutal. If I didn't have golf to play/watch, I'd lose it.

Reactions: tw3301
College football
College basketball
College baseball WS finals
NBA playoffs
NHL Stanley Cup
Golf majors (final two days)
Baseball WS.
NFL playoffs

No order of preference, just what sports I tend to watch.

Summer can be sooooo boring as far as watching sports go. Late June to late August is just brutal. If I didn't have golf to play/watch, I'd lose it.

That's why I use the summer to catch up on Netflix and movies. I'm old school, which means I have to watch my sporting events live and go back later to catch up on movies and shows.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Baseball has always been in my family. My dad played DI baseball & I played D2. My son is 13 & in the 7th grade & is very talented. Made is high school V/JV team this year.

Good stuff!! My nephew, HS Soph, committed to Miss St last month to play baseball. He is the #1 ranked HS player in the sophomore class.

I was gonna guess Cards. Y'all gonna be fighting the Reds this year for last place lol.
The Cardinals & Cubs are the two teams I hate the most, especially the Cardinals. If the Pirates can get quality innings out of their starters, they’ll be better than people think. Just not sure the pitching can hold up.

Reactions: KisteK
Good stuff!! My nephew, HS Soph, committed to Miss St last month to play baseball. He is the #1 ranked HS player in the sophomore class.
In the nation or his state? That’s a awesome accomplishment, congratulations to him. Rumors I’ve been hearing is UK’s coach might be leaving for Miss st.

lol, nope. Missed the WC for the first time since 1986. They wouldn't have done much anyway. Gotta root for other teams this time around.

Yeah I know that's not "our" sport when it comes to international play, but had they made it I would have watched! Welp

Reactions: dukedevilz
In the nation or his state? That’s a awesome accomplishment, congratulations to him. Rumors I’ve been hearing is UK’s coach might be leaving for Miss st.

According to Perfect Game, in the country. Eats, Drinks, sleeps baseball. We are very proud of him. Kid has incredible work ethic. Thank you and congrats to your son! Keep him working!

I'm with you on Duke. I need UK to win a few more for me.

I love baseball. I have the Cincinnati channel so I can watch the Reds lose a bunch of games. I love watching golf as well.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan

Basketball fans are the best people... Every shmoe I run into is a a football/baseball fan and couldn't care less about NCAAMB and NBA. Those people suck.

World Cup is this summer. Even with the US not in it, should still be highly entertaining.

World Cup is this summer. Even with the US not in it, should still be highly entertaining.

No doubt but without the US I can’t get into it like I usually do.

ADVERTISEMENT