ADVERTISEMENT

UM vs UofL not getting any love

...yeah, until the next year U6 is 'good' and then guys like you and Kerry will be making "football powerhouse" comments again.
Lol, you remind me of the Kentucky version of Kerry. I’ve been on this board for 7 years, and have never once gloated over being a “football powerhouse” even when we were slaughtering your pathetic teams Joker fielded and went to the Sugar Bowl to beat Florida like a drum.

Lol, you remind me of the Kentucky version of Kerry. I’ve been on this board for 7 years, and have never once gloated over being a “football powerhouse” even when we were slaughtering your pathetic teams Joker fielded and went to the Sugar Bowl to beat Florida like a drum.

....sorry to fill ya in that those days are over. UK is trending in the right direction while U6 fans are whining about us being mean to them about their stupid hand gesture.

Could really give 3 shits less about football, but yeah it’s been a meh past few years. Yet we still have 2 bcs bowl victories within the past 15 years.

We’ve got leftover 2 and 3 star players Petrino’s dumbass left us with. Our defensive ends are the size of linebackers. I get you guys won your super bowl though. It’s a big deal in Lex. Winking

Damn right we did. We set Super Bowl records in that game.

Reactions: UL_1986
....sorry to fill ya in that those days are over. UK is trending in the right direction while U6 fans are whining about us being mean to them about their stupid hand gesture.
Lol you guys won’t do anything meaningful. As per usual. We will though. Seeing as we already have those to bcs bowl victories, that’ll never change. We’re trending up once again, feels good man.

Lol you guys won’t do anything meaningful. As per usual. We will though. Seeing as we already have those to bcs bowl victories, that’ll never change. We’re trending up once again, feels good man.

Playing in bowl games and winning them is very meaningful...regardless of 'level' of bowl game.

Playing in bowl games and winning them is very meaningful...regardless of 'level' of bowl game.
We always go to bowl games aside from last year. The quality of the bowl game does matter. Hell, we’re going to a bowl game this year..

But I get UKay fans have never been to a bcs bowl, so I can see your guys lack of understanding this type of deal.

Hence why you celebrate on the basketball board instead of the football board...........
I stay on this board due to like being surrounded by members... I know.

We can talk football if you want.

I also post on the football a few times a week. here or there.

Not sure where you're going with this.

I stay on this board due to like being surrounded by members... I know.

We can talk football if you want.

I also post on the football a few times a week. here or there.

Not sure where you're going with this.

Im not questioning your posting style.
I just stated the obvious.

Only time uofk fans care about football is when they win. Yes i know your history.

We Cards fans were there for the 10 loss debacle.

You guys have to hijack a UofL thread because like i told yall, Louisville is back.
That idiot bastard patino is gone forever.

So while you guys are good in 1 sport, UofL is good in 5.

Last edited:
I'm 44 and still easily excited. Plus UK football has been the biggest tease since scrambled cinemax.

I'm a fan though.
Trust me Lurk, I back this notion 100%. I’m 36 and have witnessed the most painful 4 and half years of athletics our program has been through. Ya gotta stick around and be a fan, only thing to do. The fairweathered fans can get ****d.

Trust me Lurk, I back this notion 100%. I’m 36 and have witnessed the most painful 4 and half years of athletics our program has been through. Ya gotta stick around and be a fan, only thing to do. The fairweathered fans can get ****d.
There's been times watching UK football, and I'd rather be Bob Flanagan nailing his junk to a piece of wood.

.....I guess you're unfamiliar with Director's Cup standings?

Hint: 14th is better than 35th.

The Directors’ Cup measures competitive success for all Division-I schools. For each NCAA-sanctioned sport, schools are awarded points based on NCAA championship participation. This year, 17 of UK’s 22 teams reached postseason play and scored points toward UK’s final Directors’ Cup tally.

Five UK teams posted top-10 national finishes: men’s soccer (fifth), men’s basketball (fifth), rifle (fifth), volleyball (ninth) and softball (ninth). Finishing just outside the top 10 were football (11th), gymnastics (13th), women’s outdoor track and field (14th), and women’s swimming and diving (15th). Complete finishes and point totals by sport are as follows:

• men’s soccer – fifth, 73 points
  • men’s basketball – fifth, 73 points
  • rifle – fifth, 73 points
  • volleyball – ninth, 64 points
  • softball – ninth, 64 points
  • football – 11th, 66 points
  • gymnastics – 13th, 60.75 points
  • women’s outdoor track and field – 14th, 61.5 points
  • women’s swimming and diving – 15th, 60 points
  • women’s basketball – 17th, 50 points
  • women’s tennis – 17th, 50 points
  • men’s tennis – 17th, 50 points
  • women’s indoor track and field – 21st, 50.5 points
  • men’s swimming and diving – 25th, 49 points
  • men’s indoor track and field – 29th, 42.5 points
  • men’s outdoor track and field – 34th, 39.5 points
  • men’s golf – 50th, 21 points
  • UK Athletics Department – 14th, 947.75 points
U6.... 35th.

....speaking of the ongoing upward trend...

Joey Gatewood is a Kentucky Wildcat
Kentucky has reeled in its highest-rated quarterback prospect since Tim Couch.

On Thursday evening, Auburn quarterback transfer and former top-40 prospect Joey Gatewood announced on social media that he would be transferring to Kentucky.

....speaking of the ongoing upward trend...

Joey Gatewood is a Kentucky Wildcat
Kentucky has reeled in its highest-rated quarterback prospect since Tim Couch.

On Thursday evening, Auburn quarterback transfer and former top-40 prospect Joey Gatewood announced on social media that he would be transferring to Kentucky.
Nice.

Wrong. Sure it helps for extra practice time. But last year uk had the best season I could ever remember in My lifetime and y’all went to the music city bowl. And a few years before that uk was 7-5 or 6-6 or something decent but not great and went to the.........music city bowl. Playing in and winning bowl games matter but the tiers of the bowl games matter too. Winning the New Mexico bowl or Texas el-pass bowl is not as impressive as winning, or he’ll even playing in a New Years 6 (old bcs) bowl. Not even close. Hell they canceled a bowl game at half time last year bc of weather, so how important can winning one of these low end bowl games matter if they are willing to just cancel one halfway through bc of some bad weather, and no one really seemed to care.

.....I guess you're unfamiliar with Director's Cup standings?

Hint: 14th is better than 35th.

The Directors’ Cup measures competitive success for all Division-I schools. For each NCAA-sanctioned sport, schools are awarded points based on NCAA championship participation. This year, 17 of UK’s 22 teams reached postseason play and scored points toward UK’s final Directors’ Cup tally.

Five UK teams posted top-10 national finishes: men’s soccer (fifth), men’s basketball (fifth), rifle (fifth), volleyball (ninth) and softball (ninth). Finishing just outside the top 10 were football (11th), gymnastics (13th), women’s outdoor track and field (14th), and women’s swimming and diving (15th). Complete finishes and point totals by sport are as follows:

• men’s soccer – fifth, 73 points
  • men’s basketball – fifth, 73 points
  • rifle – fifth, 73 points
  • volleyball – ninth, 64 points
  • softball – ninth, 64 points
  • football – 11th, 66 points
  • gymnastics – 13th, 60.75 points
  • women’s outdoor track and field – 14th, 61.5 points
  • women’s swimming and diving – 15th, 60 points
  • women’s basketball – 17th, 50 points
  • women’s tennis – 17th, 50 points
  • men’s tennis – 17th, 50 points
  • women’s indoor track and field – 21st, 50.5 points
  • men’s swimming and diving – 25th, 49 points
  • men’s indoor track and field – 29th, 42.5 points
  • men’s outdoor track and field – 34th, 39.5 points
  • men’s golf – 50th, 21 points
  • UK Athletics Department – 14th, 947.75 points
U6.... 35th.

We didn’t win the directors cup in 2013 when we won the natty* in basketball, beat Florida in a bcs game, women’s b-ball made the final four, and went to the CWS. That tells me all I need to know about the directors cup. Although impressive, no one really cares about any schools rankings in archery, rifle, swimming, diving, track and field, etc unless u got a kid on the team. And I don’t mean to offend anyone who does follow those sports, just nationally they dont move the needle, I mean not even by a little.

Y’all did have a helluva nice year all around last year though, congrats.

Wrong. Sure it helps for extra practice time. But last year uk had the best season I could ever remember in My lifetime and y’all went to the music city bowl. And a few years before that uk was 7-5 or 6-6 or something decent but not great and went to the.........music city bowl. Playing in and winning bowl games matter but the tiers of the bowl games matter too. Winning the New Mexico bowl or Texas el-pass bowl is not as impressive as winning, or he’ll even playing in a New Years 6 (old bcs) bowl. Not even close. Hell they canceled a bowl game at half time last year bc of weather, so how important can winning one of these low end bowl games matter if they are willing to just cancel one halfway through bc of some bad weather, and no one really seemed to care.

Wrong.... Citrus Bowl. Beat Penn St. Google is your friend.

And I let you know Zavier Simpson has as many NCAA tournament wins as the entire Indiana program over the last 15 seasons.

Glad we cleared things up SmokinSmile
I’m always for some good shots at Indiana. If you have anymore I wish you’d tag me to make sure I don’t miss them

I’m always for some good shots at Indiana. If you have anymore I wish you’d tag me to make sure I don’t miss them
Indiana has only been to 11 Elite Eight's in their school history and just 1 since 1994.

Indiana's current roster has collectively played 0 minutes in the NCAA tournament.

Indiana's last NCAA title happened in time closer to a world that had never heard of rock and roll than it does to today.

Indiana gave their team rings for going to the Sweet 16 just a few years ago.

@IUfanBorden has grandchildren and has never seen Indiana win an NCAA title as a legal age adult.

Indiana kept a coach for 10 years that averaged 16 wins per season and they still think they're a blueblood.

Indiana has only been ranked in the final AP poll of the regular season 5 times this century.

Indiana has never won an NCAA title in @Da_Bull lifetime.

Feel free to add more.

ADVERTISEMENT