ADVERTISEMENT

UK Sweeps UL

This is why we don't like UofL. They dont shut the **** up ever, even after continually getting hammered year after year. "Yea, but." "If." JFC...they dont lead us in a single H2H series in any sport. None. Shut the **** up already.
Hammered? Lol

Reactions: UL_1986
I do like Kimble. After yesterday he should start over Ryan. Which I wonder why he starts in the first place. He’s great to come off the bench and knock down a few 3s. But having him in a starting role is just dumb. Have Kimble run point with Perry or DJ.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
****in Nwora can be so good and play like a star, and other times (yesterday) look like he woke up that morning and decided to be a soccer player. Smfh.

I’ve never questioned his shot making ability, or really his motor until yesterday. But I’ve always thought an athletic dude with length could affect him. Brooks did a good job, and I was surprised at how well Quickley did on him

I’ve never questioned his shot making ability, or really his motor until yesterday. But I’ve always thought an athletic dude with length could affect him. Brooks did a good job, and I was surprised at how well Quickley did on him
Brooks stat line might now show it, but he had a really great game. Nice for his first start.

Reactions: RipThru
Good post, but UofL DID deserve to win. They walked into a hornet's nest and damn near won against an extremely desperate team with a ton of talent and size.

We know all about free throws. Missed free throws cost us a FF last year and an E8 the year before. It REALLY sucks when it happens in the NCAAT.

i won’t go as far as to say UofL deserved to win. I thought they got a really good whistle to get back in it and stay in it. The tech on Cal is kind of a joke. He gets targeted for that call. They could make that call on a lot of coaches in a lot of games and don’t. But cal has a reputation for it now so he gets called for it all the time while most coaches get away with it.

also pat freaking Adams. It doesn’t matter where the game is played pat Adams is a UK killer.

I’m not saying UofL didn’t play well. I thought UK played one of their best games...really their best game of the season.

would I say UK is the better team? Nope. But I thought they were decidedly better yesterday and the whistle is what kept UL In it.

i won’t go as far as to say UofL deserved to win. I thought they got a really good whistle to get back in it and stay in it. The tech on Cal is kind of a joke. He gets targeted for that call. They could make that call on a lot of coaches in a lot of games and don’t. But cal has a reputation for it now so he gets called for it all the time while most coaches get away with it.

also pat freaking Adams. It doesn’t matter where the game is played pat Adams is a UK killer.

I’m not saying UofL didn’t play well. I thought UK played one of their best games...really their best game of the season.

would I say UK is the better team? Nope. But I thought they were decidedly better yesterday and the whistle is what kept UL In it.
Calipari called it on the fact he'd get T'd for being out the coaches box in that game.

Maybe he should have been hesitant/aware, but come on, that's the most BS call in college sports.

Again, unless he affects the play on the court, is it that important? It's like a courteous call. Pun intended.

Reactions: Montana81
He’s a pro, and has played against pros literally. However, he just didn’t seem to have any energy or care yesterday. It was weird. Kudos to Brooks though.

Calipari called it on the fact he'd get T'd for being out the coaches box in that game.

Maybe he should have been hesitant/aware, but come on, that's the most BS call in college sports.

Again, unless he affects the play on the court, is it that important? It's like a courteous call. Pun intended.

yep. And that’s why it hardly gets called. 99% of the time it’s a harmless violation and most officials are focused on what’s actually happening on the court with the players as they should be.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Hammered? Lol
Textbook example of what Im talking about.

How many have we rattled off in a row in basketball now? "Well....you didnt hammer us!!" Football youve been absolutely obliterated two straight years. But still "chirp chirp chirp look at me." You guys cant even help yourselves. Its pitiful.

Reactions: JC for 3
I will say, I feel UofL fans pain and a lot of UK fans do. We did some things yesterday we haven’t done all year.

almost all of maxey’s made 3’s were off of passes as opposed to the dribble and his form looked way better that way and as a result he shot better. I think maybe that’s an easy fix. And something I could see a team changing with a week of practice. Nick came to play against a legit team for the first time in his career. Cal didn’t play Khalil Whitney. We defended the 3 better than we had all season. That is NOT an easy fix.

I always enjoy this win but It also makes the Utah and Evansville games all the more frustrating. If we end up with a 2 seed and an awful draw again you can point to those two losses. Cal will have you believe those games don’t matter Eyeroll

I almost started laughing when we couldn’t hit them down the stretch. Perfect recipe for disaster.
Yup, I know that feeling. Trust me, it stings when it costs ya a Final Four or heck, any tournament game.

Last edited:
Reactions: UL_1986
Im just tired of losing to Kentucky man. I know we are 2 games in, but we are going to be less talented next year, which means another L is coming. Best time to beat them was this year and he couldnt do it. I dont think it will happen. Jmo.

...some truth after all.

Reactions: CB3UK
....it'll just be UK ending another season for U6.
Next year is going to be even worse. Football and basketball both. Well...Im not sure how the football could go any worse for them, but the talent disparity next year is going to be as wide as it may have ever been between the 2. Maybe we can swap em out for Murray State.

Next year is going to be even worse. Football and basketball both. Well...Im not sure how the football could go any worse for them, but the talent disparity next year is going to be as wide as it may have ever been between the 2. Maybe we can swap em out for Murray State.
It would be hard for Murray to do much worse. UL hasn't left much room.

Jerry Eaves: "UofL hasnt been competing with Kentucky for awhile. UK shouldn't schedule us right now because they have nothing to gain anymore."

Well no shit. And its not "anymore." Its we never did! Thats why we never wanted ro schedule the series, but little bro had to go and whine and cry to the legislature. Your second class, always have been, and you always will be our stepchild. Know your role and shut your mouth birdies.

Jerry Eaves: "UofL hasnt been competing with Kentucky for awhile. UK shouldn't schedule us right now because they have nothing to gain anymore."

Well no shit. And its not "anymore." Its we never did! Thats why we never wanted ro schedule the series, but little bro had to go and whine and cry to the legislature. Your second class, always have been, and you always will be our stepchild. Know your role and shut your mouth birdies.

The teeth are in the way.

“Have nothing to gain” lol

We’re probably the last ranked team you guys play this regular season. o_O

For those interested ESPNU is replaying last year's Duke/Kentucky game right now.

For those interested ESPNU is replaying last year's Duke/Kentucky game right now.
aaron-paul-boo-bitch.gif

@ Auburn is probably the only game we will be not favored to win in the SEC this year. Maybe @ Florida or Tennessee but not seeing it at this point.

This is actually the truth, and history has shown it to be true.This series has always been about Louisville having everything to gain and nothing to lose.

It's also why we don't need Indiana.

Unless you are one of the four actual blue bloods, playing Kentucky is a privilege, not a right.

Hopefully that sounded as condescending as I intended.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT