ADVERTISEMENT

UCF got screwed!

Remember when Cam Reddish got called for a foul when he clearly and cleanly blocked a three, as the announcers noted on the replay?

Remember when the shot clearly didn’t hit the rim (from above it was clear as day; it didn’t change direction until after it hit the glass) but they missed the call, and UCF quickly grabbed it and put it back up and in?

Tough game. I feel badly for the UCF guys, and Johnny Dawkins. Aubrey was amazing.

We got lucky tonight, with the roll. Karmic payback, maybe, for Grayson’s rolling out last year against Kansas.

Survive and advance. Next game is a completely new game. Glad not to see Tacko and Dawkins again.

Remember when Cam Reddish got called for a foul when he clearly and cleanly blocked a three, as the announcers noted on the replay?

Remember when the shot clearly didn’t hit the rim (from above it was clear as day; it didn’t change direction until after it hit the glass) but they missed the call, and UCF quickly grabbed it and put it back up and in?

Tough game. I feel badly for the UCF guys, and Johnny Dawkins. Aubrey was amazing.

We got lucky tonight, with the roll. Karmic payback, maybe, for Grayson’s rolling out last year against Kansas.

Survive and advance. Next game is a completely new game. Glad not to see Tacko and Dawkins again.

You’re making too much sense.

Reactions: Quavarius
It would

It wasn't a shot clock violation, it barely grazed the rim. The ball literally changed rotation after it hit the rim.

The missed Zion ft (that shouldn't have happened) was boxed out, but he got pushed in the back. Also, the Taco dude would have been in the game if the right call on Zion had been made.
You spelled "backboard" wrong...:D

Also, speaking of "RIGHT" calls----had the right call been made when Tacko mauled Zion earlier, he would've been on the pine with his 4th foul....

See how that works?

WHooaaa....What is this here----Common god damn sense, post?

Nice post, brother. Calls get missed. Its just the ones at the end get all the attention. Its funny how no one is talking about the OBVIOUS foul on Tacko(vs Zion). That gets called, and the game changes dramatically. Weird how that BAD call isn't getting any pub.

I think people, most at least, realize that many calls all game go for and against all teams. I just think that at the very end of games Duke generally seems to get the benefit of the calls, as they did tonight. So people remember those just as we tend to remember all of the calls at the end of games.

Reactions: RR30 and treyforuk
-The missed oop to go up 6 and he lost the ball, Duke comes down and makes a quick 3, very little time off the clock.

- Zion was called for a charge under 3 mins and Duke losing? I think UCF flopped a bit there. Either way, you were as shocked as I was, admit it.

-Zions last drive, I’m good with the no charge on the main defender, Zion went behind has back and was coming back left. He bumped dude a little but not enough to knock him down like that (he flopped) shoulda stayed up and played defense.

-Tacos 5th foul, was good call on Taco. Zion got into him. Taco was in the arc. Taco was playing not to foul out. Taco should have put the beef to Zion and fouled him hard enough to prevent the made basket. He failed. Zions a beast.

-UCF should have had a big on the block instead of Dawkins. Doesn’t change the fact both UCF players were soft in their box out attempts. Doesn’t change RJ pushed off for his rebound and put back that should have been called. UCF has to man up in that situation. It was almost like they just beleived Zion was gonna make the FT and they were ready to take the ball out and push it up the court.

-UCF had 2 shots at the goal to win. Taylor was trying to draw a foul on Jones who was not interested in playing much defense there. Shoulda went strong to the basket. The tip in was a good look as well just rolled off.

Was a great game. The most deserving team doesn’t always win.

Would you say that about yesterday's Kentucky game?

ALL OF THIS.

Feel bad for Johnny and Aubrey, though.

#TheBrotherhood

WHooaaa....What is this here----Common god damn sense, post?

Nice post, brother. Calls get missed. Its just the ones at the end get all the attention. Its funny how no one is talking about the OBVIOUS foul on Tacko(vs Zion). That gets called, and the game changes dramatically. Weird how that BAD call isn't getting any pub.

It doesn’t fit their narrative.

Tacky should’ve been gone a long time ago, but it is what it is.

I think people, most at least, realize that many calls all game go for and against all teams. I just think that at the very end of games Duke generally seems to get the benefit of the calls, as they did tonight. So people remember those just as we tend to remember all of the calls at the end of games.
You really think ONLY Duke gets the benefit? Again, i will ask---Why no discussion of the obvious no call vs Tacko; when he mauled Zion? IF that gets called, it changes shit drastically. UCF was like +16 with him on the floor. IF that gets called, its his 4th, and UCF is in deeeeeep trouble. That was a huge no call, that had just as much of impact as any call in the game.

You really think ONLY Duke gets the benefit? Again, i will ask---Why no discussion of the obvious no call vs Tacko; when he mauled Zion? IF that gets called, it changes shit drastically. UCF was like +16 with him on the floor. IF that gets called, its his 4th, and UCF is in deeeeeep trouble. That was a huge no call, that had just as much of impact as any call in the game.

How does that bit about him have anything to do with what I said about what people remember? I don't disagree that many calls have an impact. I bet there were a bunch for both teams that had an impact. Calls are missed. It happens. The late ones are what people remember though.

Like I said, in crunch time Duke seems to get the benefit of the doubt a lot. I think K's clout and the way he spends most of the game badgering the officials does benefit him late in games. I also think the Zion factor makes a difference for this team. They seem reluctant to call much on him.

It doesn't change anything about the outcome though. From what I saw UCF just blew it. Make the easy play to take a six point lead or just let Zion score and then make some FTs. Just telling you why I think the late game calls are what people remember. Don't think that is all that surprising.

I'm fine with the overwhelming majority of the calls during a game. I completely understand that there's misses for and against both teams. However, the one's that bothers me the most are the one's that's missed when there's no excuse to miss it. If a player is going to the rim in traffic and a call is missed due to how many people are in the play...I get that. But, when a forearm is used to push off when its just the defender and player with the ball near the 3pt line...missing that is inexcusable imo.

How does that bit about him have anything to do with what I said about what people remember? I don't disagree that many calls have an impact. I bet there were a bunch for both teams that had an impact. Calls are missed. It happens. The late ones are what people remember though.

Like I said, in crunch time Duke seems to get the benefit of the doubt a lot. I think K's clout and the way he spends most of the game badgering the officials does benefit him late in games. I also think the Zion factor makes a difference for this team. They seem reluctant to call much on him.

It doesn't change anything about the outcome though. From what I saw UCF just blew it. Make the easy play to take a six point lead or just let Zion score and then make some FTs. Just telling you why I think the late game calls are what people remember. Don't think that is all that surprising.
Fair enough. My point is, its simple minded to just point this at Duke, and "K". You don't think Roy, Cal or Self have clout/impact on calls? Or course they do.

Yes, late game calls get all the attention. And I've never understood this. All calls in any game,much less a 2nd Round NCAAT game, have meaning. And some are just as important, regardless of when they are made.

TBH, rival fans are always gonna point the finger. Its what we do as fans.

I'm fine with the overwhelming majority of the calls during a game. I completely understand that there's misses for and against both teams. However, the one's that bothers me the most are the one's that's missed when there's no excuse to miss it. If a player is going to the rim in traffic and a call is missed due to how many people are in the play...I get that. But, when a forearm is used to push off when its just the defender and player with the ball near the 3pt line...missing that is inexcusable imo.
On that play, do you not think a block could have been called, BEFORE the alleged shove; sorry, I didn't see an obvious push. I just saw a player with a natural reaction to contact. People see the extension, but ignore the contact BEFORE that. IMO, it was a train wreck play. Both players getting to the same spot, at the same time, with contact. Only problem was one dude was much bigger than the other dude. Had that play been the other way, you think people are screaming for a charge on UCF? I don't. They are calling ZIon out for flopping. Why? Because he's a big dude.

TBH Jace, I thought it was a good no call. I do though however feel that Duke got away with a push on the rebound. But again----calls get missed. Hit that bunny 20 seconds earlier, and we are talking about a huge upset.

Fair enough. My point is, its simple minded to just point this at Duke, and "K". You don't think Roy, Cal or Self have clout/impact on calls? Or course they do.

Yes, late game calls get all the attention. And I've never understood this. All calls in any game,much less a 2nd Round NCAAT game, have meaning. And some are just as important, regardless of when they are made.

TBH, rival fans are always gonna point the finger. Its what we do as fans.

I mean, I've seen Roy get a T, which he doesn't get often, for less than K does at most TV timeouts. So yeah, I think he gets more of a leash than those other guys and has more clout than them. They have more of a leash than other guys. He isn't far behind Hurley is his disrespect regarding you guys though.

Reactions: RipThru
On that play, do you not think a block could have been called, BEFORE the alleged shove; sorry, I didn't see an obvious push. I just saw a player with a natural reaction to contact. People see the extension, but ignore the contact BEFORE that. IMO, it was a train wreck play. Both players getting to the same spot, at the same time, with contact. Only problem was one dude was much bigger than the other dude. Had that play been the other way, you think people are screaming for a charge on UCF? I don't. They are calling ZIon out for flopping. Why? Because he's a big dude.

TBH Jace, I thought it was a good no call. I do though however feel that Duke got away with a push on the rebound. But again----calls get missed. Hit that bunny 20 seconds earlier, and we are talking about a huge upset.

I don't think it was a pushoff. I wish they would have called nothing on shot though. The charge circle doesn't mean there has to be a call made. People seem to think there always has to be something called.

I agree on the foul before the push as well with Zion driving but they also didn't call that on the other end on the last play when Jones was driving so they were consistent.

And yeah, the push was missed. I think the issue is most of us don't think that call is missed. I mean, surely one of them was looking. What else would they be watching there? We think the officials don't call it because of when it happens. That directly impacts who wins.

Reactions: Eaglebound
I mean, I've seen Roy get a T, which he doesn't get often, for less than K does at most TV timeouts. So yeah, I think he gets more of a leash than those other guys and has more clout than them. They have more of a leash than other guys. He isn't far behind Hurley is his disrespect regarding you guys though.

Dude, K got a T for throwing a sharpie, at his own whiteboard, during a timeout.

Dude, K got a T for throwing a sharpie, at his own whiteboard, during a timeout.

He also didn't get on in the Carolina line for F bombing the ref, which from what I've heard from someone who has been his target is not uncommon. Acting like he doens't get a huge leash is being disingenuous. Not saying he hasn't earned it to an extent but he certainly gets it.

1st. I'm completely fine with the foul that was called on Taco. Not sure if you thought I was saying that was a bad call?

2nd. Imo...when a player puts his arm out and pushes off while creating separation, it's a foul...right? I mean, if the move was aggressive enough to cause the player to be pushed back, it was used to create separation. I'm sure there was some flopping going on, but the initial contact caused him to be pushed back to create separation.

I'm being serious here with zero sarcasm intended....please explain to me how a player using his arm to push off to create separation isn't a foul?

I don't think it was a pushoff. I wish they would have called nothing on shot though. The charge circle doesn't mean there has to be a call made. People seem to think there always has to be something called.

I agree on the foul before the push as well with Zion driving but they also didn't call that on the other end on the last play when Jones was driving so they were consistent.

And yeah, the push was missed. I think the issue is most of us don't think that call is missed. I mean, surely one of them was looking. What else would they be watching there? We think the officials don't call it because of when it happens. That directly impacts who wins.
Actually, as a secondary defender, if you do not jump(Not sure if Tacko did), it's an automatic foul IF you are in the arc, and there is contact. Primary defender? No. But secondary----yes. Its automatic.

As for the push in back? Its easier to miss than what you think. You have what, 5-6 dudes in a confined area? I mean it is very easy an official to get straight-lined by a player, in essence totally blocking your view. Officials have an area to watch. The official bench side is responsible for guys opposite his side of the lane. Its not uncommon to get straight-lined, and have your view obstructed.

1st. I'm completely fine with the foul that was called on Taco. Not sure if you thought I was saying that was a bad call?

2nd. Imo...when a player puts his arm out and pushes off while creating separation, it's a foul...right? I mean, if the move was aggressive enough to cause the player to be pushed back, it was used to create separation. I'm sure there was some flopping going on, but the initial contact caused him to be pushed back to create separation.

I'm being serious here with zero sarcasm intended....please explain to me how a player using his arm to push off to create separation isn't a foul?
Sure it is...And IF the defender is in a LGP(legal guarding position), and there is contact, and the offense pushes off, creating separation, it is a foul. Its a bang,bang call. Both got there at the same time. There was contact. NOW---three things the official has to decide in a split second:

1. Was the defender in a LGP?

2. Was the extension an attempt to create separation?

3. Or, was the extension a natural reaction to contact, and thus simply incidental basketball contact?

Pretty easy, huh?Winking[/QUOTE]

Actually, as a secondary defender, if you do not jump(Not sure if Tacko did), it's an automatic foul IF you are in the arc, and there is contact. Primary defender? No. But secondary----yes. Its automatic.

As for the push in back? Its easier to miss than what you think. You have what, 5-6 dudes in a confined area? I mean it is very easy an official to get straight-lined by a player, in essence totally blocking your view. Officials have an area to watch. The official bench side is responsible for guys opposite his side of the lane. Its not uncommon to get straight-lined, and have your view obstructed.

Hmm, that seems silly them. So we want people to just not play defense as a secondary defender. Why is there a differentiation on jumping or not jumping? So if you stay straight up and leap a couple of inches versus not it impacts whether it is a foul or a play on? How long are you guarding someone before you are the primary defender? Interesting though.

It seems like it would be easier to see on the floor than on TV, especially to a trained pro. Maybe not though.

Regardless, I in no way think UCF got screwed. I think they blew it. I just enjoy talking about Duke getting calls when they get them.

ADVERTISEMENT