Votes: 43 72.9%
  • South

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Midwest

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • West

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters
It's the east and it's not even close. Overall #1 seed, probably the best #2 seed and def the best #4 seed. Have the Ken Pom #1, #4 (auburn), #5 (Iowa State) and #10 (Illinois). Also, all major conference tournament champs are in the east (Big, Big East, Big 12 and SEC) except for NC State...... lol.

Kenpom difficulty scores (adding top 4 seeds of each region):
East: 20
South: 41
Midwest: 43
West: 42
That's a major shift immediately after selection Sunday. The day of, the Midwest had the lowest number.

The best #2 is in the Midwest and it isn't close. It's a tossup between Marquette and Iowa St for the last 2 seed.

That's a major shift immediately after selection Sunday. The day of, the Midwest had the lowest number.

The best #2 is in the Midwest and it isn't close. It's a tossup between Marquette and Iowa St for the last 2 seed.

No 2 seed is close to Tennessee? Iowa State's been better of late. Marquette may be as good or better too.

I know what I said...perhaps it's you that have selective reading.

I'm not buying Purdue #1 seed. They're basically the same team as last year #1 that lost in the first round to #16 Fairfield Dickinson. The second time the #16 defeated #1.

That is literally what you said. Notice there isn't a single mention of what UVA did in your comment.

I'm not buying Purdue #1 seed. They're basically the same team as last year #1 that lost in the first round to #16 Fairfield Dickinson. The second time the #16 defeated #1.

That is literally what you said. Notice there isn't a single mention of what UVA did in your comment.
correct. That's exactly what I said. And This is what I said in my post #29.

First time was #1 Virginia lost to #16 UMBC in 2018. The next year, 2019 UVA won the NC beating #3 Texas Tech in the final.

I don't think Purdue can do what UVA did This time.

I didn't say that. I said I don't think Purdue can do what UVA did and I don't buy Purdue #1 seed.

I guess we'll know in a couple weeks.
How can you not buy them as a 1 seed? They played the toughest schedule by far.

Nope. Iowa St is the 3rd or 4th 2 seed IMO. They aren't very good.
even though I don't buy Purdue #1 seed, I still think your team will make S16 as your team is basically playing at home in Indianapolis....unless Purdue pulled a major choke job or other teams play out of their mind.

even though I don't buy Purdue #1 seed, I still think your team will make S16 as your team is basically playing at home in Indianapolis....unless Purdue pulled a major choke job or other teams play out of their mind.
Purdue literally has the 2nd best record of the power teams and played BY FAR the toughest schedule, and you don't buy them as a 1? You're opinion is noted, but very incorrect.

Nope. Iowa St is the 3rd or 4th 2 seed IMO. They aren't very good.

27 wins and they just beat a team that was ranked #1 (and on a roll) by 30. Blew out Baylor the game before. Meanwhile, Tenn just got whipped by a bubble team and has lost two straight.

Don't think many analysts are going to side with you on this one.

27 wins and they just beat a team that was ranked #1 (and on a roll) by 30. Blew out Baylor the game before. Meanwhile, Tenn just got whipped by a bubble team and has lost two straight.

Don't think many analysts are going to side with you on this one.
And played NOBODY in their OOC schedule. Easy to get a ton of wins on a weak ass OOC. So outside of the over inflated B12, we have no real gauge on what they can do. I watched several of their games and they have troubles scoring and many of the turnovers I saw them get, the other team just made a bad play.

Houston has the same issues with scoring. Which is why they won't win it all.

Purdue literally has the 2nd best record of the power teams and played BY FAR the toughest schedule, and you don't buy them as a 1? You're opinion is noted, but stupid.
Hey kid. We're having a discussion/debate here, and what we're saying are our opinions. For you to say my opinion is stupid....is pretty much out of line and juvenile on your part as you can't handle a civil convo without name calling when disagreeing with me.

Hey kid. We're having a discussion/debate here, and what we're saying are our opinions. For you to say my opinion is stupid....is pretty much out of line and juvenile on your part as you can't handle a civil convo without name calling when disagree with me.
I changed it. I also said your opinion is noted, but it's pretty sad you can think Purdue is in any way the same team as last year and not deserving a 1 seed. It's absolutely devoid of reality.

They are literally 5-0 vs the top 10. 4-0 if you go based off of the latest rankings.

Ummmm, you do realize that #2 seed in the midwest is coached by Rick Barnes, right ?
Rick Barnes' teams are like the prettiest girl at the dance, but can't dance. If history repeats Tenn may not get out of the round of 32. That's why Texas fired him.

Last edited:
Reactions: nrmorgan2001
And played NOBODY in their OOC schedule. Easy to get a ton of wins on a weak ass OOC. So outside of the over inflated B12, we have no real gauge on what they can do. I watched several of their games and they have troubles scoring and many of the turnovers I saw them get, the other team just made a bad play.

Houston has the same issues with scoring. Which is why they won't win it all.

So you're ignoring how they're playing now because of who they scheduled in non-con? LOL.

Big 10 homers are funny. Iowa St gets no credit for killing it in the Big 12, while Purdue allegedly played "BY FAR" the toughest schedule in the nation in a clearly weaker league. Makes sense.

Where did you pull the idea that they have by far the toughest schedule anyway?

So you're ignoring how they're playing now because of who they scheduled in non-con? LOL.
Nope. I said I watched them play during the B12 season. I should be more careful with my wording. I think they're good, just not as good as they're being hyped.
Big 10 homers are funny. Iowa St gets no credit for killing it in the Big 12, while Purdue allegedly played "BY FAR" the toughest schedule in the nation in a clearly weaker league. Makes sense.
The B10 top of the league was as good as any other this year. The top 4 teams were all in the KenPom top 20. The B12 (as a whole) is overrated this year. The top few teams are good, but even you have to admit that it's not what it usually is. Especially Kansas. Not saying Kansas is bad. Just that they aren't as good as they typically are.
They played:

Tennessee
Marquette
Arizona
Alabama
Gonzaga

Name me another top team that had an equally challenging OOC schedule.

Not to mention

Samford
Morehead St

Who are also tournament teams before conference play.

I changed it. I also said your opinion is noted, but it's pretty sad you can think Purdue is in any way the same team as last year and not deserving a 1 seed. It's absolutely devoid of reality.

They are literally 5-0 vs the top 10. 4-0 if you go based off of the latest rankings.
You guys keep saying Purdue is a different team. How is it so different?

Best I can tell, you added Lance Jones and dropped Brandon Newman… .that's it.

Newman only averaged 6ppg, Jones averages 12ppg. It's not.like you added Steph Curry.

It's very close to the same team. The style of play, is exactly the same. What am I missing?

You Purdue fans get upset when fans of other programs don't trust your team and Matt Painter, but can you blame us? Purdue has lost to a 13 seed, then a 15 seed, then a 16 seed and just like last year, this team relies on one guy to carry the load. If someone takes him out, Purdue is done.

You can't blame anyone for looking at Purdue in an untrusting manner after the last 3 years. UK is in the same boat, so I get why people don't trust UK. Y'all need to get thicker skin.

Most likely Edey isn't going to get the insane whistle he got in big 10 play in this tournament. That's why I'm not buying them as a 1 seed either.
GI1RBZaWMAAN0VQ

Reactions: Boilermaker03

Newman only averaged 6ppg, Jones averages 12ppg. It's not.like you added Steph Curry.

It's very close to the same team. The style of play, is exactly the same. What am I missing?

You Purdue fans get upset when fans of other programs don't trust your team and Matt Painter, but can you blame us? Purdue has lost to a 13 seed, then a 15 seed, then a 16 seed and just like last year, this team relies on one guy to carry the load. If someone takes him out, Purdue is done.

You can't blame anyone for looking at Purdue in an untrusting manner after the last 3 years. UK is in the same boat, so I get why people don't trust UK. Y'all need to get thicker skin.
Well, for starters, we didn't have an HM AA and Cousy finalist at point guard.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Most likely Edey isn't going to get the insane whistle he got in big 10 play in this tournament. That's why I'm not buying them as a 1 seed either.
He may not get the same whistle, but what people keep getting wrong is that he's been officiated the same all season long. Not just in the B10. So either ALL officials are trying to protect him and may choose not to in the tournament. OR, they decide to not allow the advantage Edey has during the tournament by swallowing the whistle. Time will tell. But this notion that the B10 refs protect him is just incorrect.

KP currently has their SOS at 4th. Baylor has the toughest SOS and KU is ranked 5th.

Watch this and you might learn something about THIS Purdue team.

^^^This^^^

Well, for starters, we didn't have an HM AA and Cousy finalist at point guard.
Okay, so who is that? I don't know. Best I can tell is y'all swapped a 6ppg player for a 12ppg player. I mean, that’s a good upgrade, but 6 out of your top 7 players are exactly the same and the style of play is exactly the same.

You said "for starters", what else is so different?

Okay, so who is that? I don't know. Best I can tell is y'all swapped a 6ppg player for a 12ppg player. I mean, that’s a good upgrade, but 6 out of your top 7 players are exactly the same and the style of play is exactly the same.

You said "for starters", what else is so different?
The fact that you don't know who that is speaks volumes about your ability to have an intelligent conversation about college basketball.

Watch this and you might learn something about THIS Purdue team.

No thanks, Purdue bball bores the shit out of me.
Why don't you just say what's so different? You crushed the other poster by saying he doesn't know shit about basketball because he can't tell that Purdue is completely different… . but they're really not that different.

• Haha
The fact that you don't know who that is speaks volumes about your ability to have an intelligent conversation about college basketball.
See, this is what you guys do. Instead of explaining the differences, you come out with this tired old bullshit.
Purdue plays exactly the same and 6 out of your top 7 players are the same as they were last year.
I'll ask again, what is so different between Purdue 2023 and Purdue 2024?

• Haha
He may not get the same whistle, but what people keep getting wrong is that he's been officiated the same all season long. Not just in the B10. So either ALL officials are trying to protect him and may choose not to in the tournament. OR, they decide to not allow the advantage Edey has during the tournament by swallowing the whistle. Time will tell. But this notion that the B10 refs protect him is just incorrect.
What I have noticed, is Edey plays zero defense, which is smart, but it's going to bite you guys.

If you watch him, he stands in the paint with his arms up and he backs away, leaving the rim wide open. He does it to avoid foul trouble, because he knows he has to stay on the court for Purdue to win.
Someone is going to make him play defense and make the other 4 players beat them.
If Wisconsin, Nebraska and Northwestern can beat Purdue, so can a lot of other teams.

• Haha

well, they didn't add Steph Curry but they did replace their inconsistent and worn down freshman starting PG with a honorable mention AA starting PG. YOu don't think that's a big deal????

See, this is what you guys do. Instead of explaining the differences, you come out with this tired old bullshit.
Purdue plays exactly the same and 6 out of your top 7 players are the same as they were last year.
I'll ask again, what is so different between Purdue 2023 and Purdue 2024?
by his logic, if we don't buy Purdue as a #1 seed...we don't know shit about CBB. He sounds like CBB evolves around Purdue. Pretty comical and short sighted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT