ADVERTISEMENT

This was called a foul on TyTy

• Thread starter anon_ce2llurbpkli4
  • Start date
It's that Rupp Arena home cookin'. Cue @rockycard @Villian07 and/or @UL_1986 to mention foul and FT disparity.

200.gif

Auburn played 27 minutes and had 3 fouls all while hacking and grabbing Oscar and our guards.

God, you're an insufferable Cuck.
No one was holding Oscar. He was just matched up against a guy that was bigger and better than him. Oscar Better get used to it or his future is going to be the g league

Its a foul on TyTy...Watch closer. He(TyTy) initiates the contact, by getting into the Vandy player; freedom of movement. TyTy IS NOT in a legal guarding position, when HE initiates, causes the contact----that is a foul. This discard, push off is disregarded, UNLESS you feel it was unecessary contact, i.e. flagrant. It was not.

This is not meant toward you, BUT---people need to understand the rules. Like I said, watch the play over, you'll see that TyTy initiates illegal contact, THEN VU player pushes off.

It was the right call...

@
Stop the video at 3 seconds....Youll see where TyTy impedes VU guards freedom of movement, by causing contact. He is NOT in a legal guarding position when such contact occurs, that was created by him...The push off comes AFTER that. And its disregarded unless you feel its excessive, unecessary, contact----which it was not.

Reactions: Ingersol
No one was holding Oscar. He was just matched up against a guy that was bigger and better than him. Oscar Better get used to it or his future is going to be the g league
Oscar is a great, tenacious rebounder....One of the best CBB has seen. BUT----he gets away with going over the back, i.e. push, a lot. The foul that Cal went bezerk, and got "T'd" up for, is why he gets the rep he has...Not only did Oscar push the VU guy once----he did so twice---and the second time with BOTH hands, square in the middle of his back. It wasn't even debatable. Cal whines waaaaaay to much. He, Izzo and K are in a league of their own when it comes to this.

@

Stop the video at 3 seconds....Youll see where TyTy impedes VU guards freedom of movement, by causing contact. He is NOT in a legal guarding position when such contact occurs, that was created by him...The push off comes AFTER that. And its disregarded unless you feel its excessive, unecessary, contact----which it was not.
Define freedom of movement and legal guarding position?

LOL...figured you might say that. Yeah, TyTy is getting into his path, yet before he has a chance to even make contact Pippen extends his arm and sends TyTy flying.
Figured I say what? Ty 100% causes the contact. Its not even ****ing debatable. He cuts his path off, while not being in a legal gurading position...That action created the contact----then the push off.

SOme of ya'll need to learn the god damn rules, and how they are to be applied.

Figured I say what? Ty 100% causes the contact. Its not even ****ing debatable. He cuts his path off, while not being in a legal gurading position...That action created the contact----then the push off.

SOme of ya'll need to learn the god damn rules, and how they are to be applied.
TyTy did not initiate contact on that play. The initial contact was the forearm shiver. Had TyTy been the first to make contact, I would agree with you, but he didn't.

Define freedom of movement and legal guarding position?
Really?

sure, I'll define it...

Legal guarding position----When defending the dribble, has to have both feet on the floor, AND facing the opponent...

Freedom of movement----See above^^^^^. But it also pertains to a player who is holding the ball. YOu have to give them room to make a basketball play.

TyTy did not initiate contact on that play. The initial contact was the forearm shiver. Had TyTy been the first to make contact, I would agree with you, but he didn't.
He initiaed the contact, caused it by moving in the dribblers path---had he not done that, there wouldn't have been contact. This isn't that hard. Its like saying you didn't initiate the contact in a car wreck, someone hits you, but you running the stop sign caused it...

Watch the video closer Kevin..Stop it at 3 seconds. You can clearly see TyTy move into VU guards path, in an illegal position. That mvement created the contact. Caused it. Had he just ran along side of him, and there was a push off, then you have one hell of an argument.

Watch it w/o your blue shaded glasses.....It'll help.

I thought it was a foul on Ty as well but didn't figure it was worth arguing about. Players do this all the time. They will move forward into the offensive player trying to predict when the offensive player moves and then throw themselves backwards. He gets pushed here for sure but it is after he went into him I thought.

He initiaed the contact, caused it by moving in the dribblers path---had he not done that, there wouldn't have been contact. This isn't that hard. Its like saying you didn't initiate the contact in a car wreck, someone hits you, but you running the stop sign caused it...
If I run right in front of someone and it causes them to bowl me over, yes that's on me. I can't expect them to stop their momentum. That was all initiated by Pippen's right arm though. Had he never extended the arm it's going to be a foul on Washington a split second after that when he cuts off Pippen's path.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
If I run right in front of someone and it causes them to bowl me over, yes that's on me. I can't expect them to stop their momentum. That was all initiated by Pippen's right arm though.
No, it wasn't. Watch the play, Kevin...TyTy steps into his path, Watch his left leg---he clearly steps into his path---which caused there to be contact.

Srop the video at 3 seconds---you can clearly see Ty go from a straight line, then into his path. This is called "A" to "B" movement. And when not in a legal guarding position, this is illegal. Any contact creatd by such a movement is 100% on the defense..The forearm comes AFTER this.

We can just agree to disagree.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
See for yourself. TyTy has not initiated contact at this point yet Pippen's arm is on up on him and ready to extend. Not my fault you and Borden are blind. I would expect it from him though, being a ref and all.

Screenshot-2022-02-03-140621.png
This is just stupid....TyTy was never once in legal guarding posiiton---he cmes from all away from the other side of the floor....he steps into the dribblers path, which causes the contact...Its not that god damn hard...

I 100% guarantee if this any gme but UK, or I wasn't an IU fan, you'd be like, "Yeah, thats a good point".

You accuse me of not being able to be non-biased b/c I'm an official/IU fan---ever stop and considered the reason you can see the other side, b/c its your boys in blue?

This is just stupid....TyTy was never once in legal guarding posiiton---he cmes from all away from the other side of the floor....he steps into the dribblers path, which causes the contact...Its not that god damn hard...

I 100% guarantee if this any gme but UK, or I wasn't an IU fan, you'd be like, "Yeah, thats a good point".

You accuse me of not being able to be non-biased b/c I'm an official/IU fan---ever stop and considered the reason you can see the other side, b/c its your boys in blue?
I thought you said, "we can just agree to disagree" but here you are still being all fired up about it. 😆 Was about to be a foul on TyTy but Pippen beat him to the punch with a forearm shiver out of frustration. It's all good though. 😁

See for yourself. TyTy has not initiated contact at this point yet Pippen's arm is on up on him and ready to extend. Not my fault you and Borden are blind. I would expect it from him though, being a ref and all.

Screenshot-2022-02-03-140621.png
Ty Ty’s arm is clearly touching his back there. He also negated his bath. Pippen extended arm after ty ty initiated contact

Ty Ty’s arm is clearly touching his back there. He also negated his bath. Pippen extended arm after ty ty initiated contact
Arm was never on the back and I had not heard about him negating rubber ducky time but that should be a technical. Watch it again as Pippen initially starts to go left and then lunges back to the right and slings the forearm into TyTy.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT