ADVERTISEMENT

Goal Tending Review Call...

AuHoosier420

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2008
Last night Kentucky had goal tending called on them on what was clearly a block shot out of bounds. They initially awarded auburn the basket so UK got the ball out of bounds. They then at the next stop ball overturned the goal tend which was right. However since the initial play was a block out of bounds. Them overturning caused a loss of possesion for Auburn which we would have gotten had the block out of bounds been called initially. This had no effect on the game overall but why cant goal tend be reviewed right after the play? Not later on when it can indirectly cause a team a loss of possesion they would have had if call had been made correctly initially

Reactions: cdbearde
you ever going to stop being a complete shit poster?
icegif-1345.gif

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Same thing happened to UK a couple weeks ago. After the block, Onyenso had the ball and was ready to dunk it, but they blew the whistle and called a goaltend. Reviewed it at the tv timeout and took the points off the board. UK lost by 2. I believe it was the Florida game.
I think thats a call the should not be reviewable since it can result in points being taken off the board later on. Or, maybe don't blow the play dead if the shooting team ends up with the ball. Idk, it's a tough one.

Same thing happened to UK a couple weeks ago. After the block, Onyenso had the ball and was ready to dunk it, but they blew the whistle and called a goaltend. Reviewed it at the tv timeout and took the points off the board. UK lost by 2. I believe it was the Florida game.
I think thats a call the should not be reviewable since it can result in points being taken off the board later on. Or, maybe don't blow the play dead if the shooting team ends up with the ball. Idk, it's a tough one.
Agreed. Dont call the play dead and also review it right then. No reason to way until next dead ball

Last night Kentucky had goal tending called on them on what was clearly a block shot out of bounds. They initially awarded auburn the basket so UK got the ball out of bounds. They then at the next stop ball overturned the goal tend which was right. However since the initial play was a block out of bounds. Them overturning caused a loss of possesion for Auburn which we would have gotten had the block out of bounds been called initially. This had no effect on the game overall but why cant goal tend be reviewed right after the play? Not later on when it can indirectly cause a team a loss of possesion they would have had if call had been made correctly initially
I agree, it should be reviewed at the time it was called.

ADVERTISEMENT