ADVERTISEMENT

Nice win for Allen Fieldhouse

Absolutely atrocious. Typical reffing at Phog. Complete joke. I would have lost it if I was Dixon.

giphy.gif

IMO, no way is that called a flagrant in any other Big 12 building.
It is if KU is in town and the place is packed.

Yes, we do get those calls sometimes due to the crowd and noise. But when we go on the road, we also face similar crowds and get similar calls against us. So I'm not going to complain. I'm also not going to complain because TCU's last 4 points came from a guy who wasn't fouled but flopped and got the call, and another guy who got away with a blatant push-off step back jumper. The officiating was pretty atrocious down the stretch.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Meh, don't include anything Fran has said about KU. That dude has had a hard-on for complaining about officiating in KU games ever since his son played at OU and they lost a close one in AFH. He rightfully calls out bad calls that benefit KU...then talks about it for 10 minutes after and tweets about it. But when bad calls go against KU, he's crickets. The dude hates KU with a passion.

Dickinson got away with a walk on the final basket as well.

lol - what an absolute joke.

10 posts by bitter Kentucky fans before I even opened the thread. 🤣

Dickinson got away with a walk on the final basket as well.

lol - what an absolute joke.
Dude, if we want to count walks that didn't get called, you could throw about about 20. There was one point in the middle of the 2nd half where the TCU guy literally picked up the ball then started dribbling again and didn't get a call.

TCU tied the game with two free throws gifted by a flop. They then got away with a foul on the next defensive possession and then got the go-ahead points with a shove-off that should have been an offensive foul.

Udeh should have played it safe down the road. Everybody throws those little elbows to the stomach or the face in a physical game. Udeh himself got called for one last year when he played for KU, and that was nothing and didn't look advertant either. But that late in the game you have to leave it alone and not give the refs a chance to call it.

That being said, I wouldn't have called it. It was probably intentional, but not much contact and so I would have left it alone if I were a ref. But again, I'm not going to complain about it. I know we'll have similarly bad calls go against us on the road, and I'll be bitching about it when it happens, while other fans will be defending it. That is basketball.

I agree some of the calls to put TCU at the line were questionable. It isn't like every call went KU's way. I just think when you go to the monitor and see a big, strong dude flop on very little contact you don't reward that with a flagrant foul. Refs have to be better when you get to go to replay.

lol at “a familiar story for Big12 opponents”.

Everyone sees it.
lol, don't act like you don't get calls at home either. I've seen a few watching your games. I've also seen calls go against you on the road. That's basketball as a blue blood.

That being said, if you aren't getting enough calls at home, maybe your fans should step it up a bit to sway games your way. I've never liked Rupp arena. It doesn't seem to carry noise as well as other places. Your fans seem louder at neutral arenas than they do at home some of the time.

I agree some of the calls to put TCU at the line were questionable. It isn't like every call went KU's way. I just think when you go to the monitor and see a big, strong dude flop on very little contact you don't reward that with a flagrant foul. Refs have to be better when you get to go to replay.
Yep, it’s a lot easier to forgive a missed call in the heat of the moment. But that’s egregiously bad on review.

Purdue fan starts thread about Kansas getting a favorable call

KU fan: those damn Kentucky fans!!1

The only reason it was started by a Purdue fan is you were too busy crying in the other thread. 😂

You're right. But like I've said. I've seen that go against KU enough times. Hell, KU lost a game against OSU where Marcus Smart flopped on an elbow and the elbow didn't even come within 3 inches of his face, and they still awarded him the T and KU lost.

So I'm not going to feel bad when it goes our way.

It also goes against us on the road all the time. People like to complain about the calls we get in AFH, and we do. But they don't ever seem to care about the calls that go against us on the road. And we're in a lot more close games on the road where bad calls can hurt him than we are close games at home where bad calls can benefit.

Reactions: bern1955
You're right. But like I've said. I've seen that go against KU enough times. Hell, KU lost a game against OSU where Marcus Smart flopped on an elbow and the elbow didn't even come within 3 inches of his face, and they still awarded him the T and KU lost.

So I'm not going to feel bad when it goes our way.

It also goes against us on the road all the time. People like to complain about the calls we get in AFH, and we do. But they don't ever seem to care about the calls that go against us on the road. And we're in a lot more close games on the road where bad calls can hurt him than we are close games at home where bad calls can benefit.

That is what happens when you are a blue blood. Everyone focuses on the stuff that helps you, including other blue blood fans, haha. And Marcus Smart was probably my least favorite player ever. He is the worst flopper I can remember playing.

I have always had a theory that there is a reason KU only has 4 championships in their entire history...

These ridiculous home whistles they get year after year are actually a disadvantage when they get to the tourney, as they don't get the benefit of all these ridiculous calls which they become accustomed to getting in the regular season.

I have always had a theory that there is a reason KU only has 4 championships in their entire history...

These ridiculous home whistles they get year after year are actually a disadvantage when they get to the tourney, as they don't get the benefit of all these ridiculous calls which they become accustomed to getting in the regular season.
How many do you theorize they’d have if they got a whistle like Kentucky?

That is what happens when you are a blue blood. Everyone focuses on the stuff that helps you, including other blue blood fans, haha. And Marcus Smart was probably my least favorite player ever. He is the worst flopper I can remember playing.
Yes. I've been guilty of the same watching teams play UNC! Not that I even have anything against UNC, I just like watching upsets when they aren't my team.

Yes, Marcus was the worst flopper ever. Haven't watched him much in the NBA. Is he still as bad as he was?

ADVERTISEMENT