ADVERTISEMENT

The next top 5 will be interesting

hailtoyourvictor

Dec 11, 2012
Which of Gonzaga, Duke, Kansas, Virginia, Michigan, Tennessee miss the cut? Hard to put those 6 teams in order.

Duke or Michigan should be #1. Don't want to give this KU team another reason to keep just going through the motions.

Reactions: KisteK
It will be Kansas. We have looked pedestrian but you don’t get jumped twice without losing. It’s actually impressive we haven’t played anywhere near what we can...and still haven’t lost. That being said, we will be staring down a loss soon if we don’t start playing to our talent level.

It will be Kansas. We have looked pedestrian but you don’t get jumped twice without losing. It’s actually impressive we haven’t played anywhere near what we can...and still haven’t lost. That being said, we will be staring down a loss soon if we don’t start playing to our talent level.

Kansas #1 is probably the easy one.

After that it gets tricky.

Kansas will move to 1 because of current position but Michigan should be number 1 for me.

Michigan
Kansas
Duke
Zags
Tennessee

Reactions: toonces11
The way I would have it...

1. Michigan
2. Duke
3. Kansas
4. Virginia
5. Tennessee
6. Nevada
7. Gonzaga
8. Auburn

Transport this thread back to September, there’s a fanbase that would have laughed at this list. Sorry, but I had to get a small dig in. :)

#1 KU- Haven't lost and got an elite win
#2 Michigan- Haven't lost and look impressive
#3 Tennessee- Got an elite win and and elite loss (OT/Neutral court to KU)
#4 Zags- Elite win and elite loss (head to head puts UT a notch above them)
#5 Duke- Elite loss, but look like world beaters

Duke is clearly the best team in the country. I don't think any team in the nation is within 5 of them on a neutral court. If or when they learn to shot the rock from range then march will be as elementary a competition as we have seen since probably UCLA in the 70s.

Duke is clearly the best team in the country. I don't think any team in the nation is within 5 of them on a neutral court. If or when they learn to shot the rock from range then march will be as elementary a competition as we have seen since probably UCLA in the 70s.
Maui was a neutral court and Gonzaga beat them. This makes your argument a little shaky.

Maui was a neutral court and Gonzaga beat them. This makes your argument a little shaky.

if both played tonight duke would be at least 5 pt favorites. my point is not shaky. gonzaga played well. duke played like shit. it is what it is. you telling me you wouldn't give duke huge odds in a rematch?

if both played tonight duke would be at least 5 pt favorites. my point is not shaky. gonzaga played well. duke played like shit. it is what it is. you telling me you wouldn't give duke huge odds in a rematch?
You said, "I don't think anyone could stay within 5 of them on a neutral court". Considering that someone has not only stayed within 5, but beat them on a neutral court, it makes your claim ridiculous.

God I hate when you show up, go full Homer and set Duke fans back 10 years on this board.

You said, "I don't think anyone could stay within 5 of them on a neutral court". Considering that someone has not only stayed within 5, but beat them on a neutral court, it makes your claim ridiculous.

com on, boss. i think the comment was obviously a gambling based comment. i didn't say duke were unbeatable or anything of that nature. i simply said they are clearly the best unit in cbb. i think most would agree. hell, according to kenpom tha god, duke is 4+ PTS favorite over KU -- the team likely to be #1 mañana. it's not like I'm making ground breaking claims.

God I hate when you show up, go full Homer and set Duke fans back 10 years on this board.

dude, this board is in the doldrums! i remember when it was legit! it needs people like me to bring it back. your opinion is obsolete.

com on, boss. i think the comment was obviously a gambling based comment. i didn't say duke were unbeatable or anything of that nature. i simply said they are clearly the best unit in cbb. i think most would agree. hell, according to kenpom tha god, duke is 4+ PTS favorite over KU -- the team likely to be #1 mañana. it's not like I'm making ground breaking claims.
I quoted what you said and it was faulty. However, you may have meant that Duke is the most talented team in the country and you might be correct. However, "talent" is nothing, but potential and untapped or under utilized potential won't help you very much.

Reactions: rockchalk4ever
I quoted what you said and it was faulty. However, you may have meant that Duke is the most talented team in the country and you might be correct. However, "talent" is nothing, but potential and untapped or under utilized potential won't help you very much.

duke is the best team in the country is what i meant. if they played anybody tomorrow no vegas book would have their opponent within 5. you can parse that all you want and toss in as as many adjectives and adverbs as you want. still doesn't change the fact that you really can't dispute that duke is legit the best out there.

duke is the best team in the country is what i meant. if they played anybody tomorrow no vegas book would have their opponent within 5. you can parse that all you want and toss in as as many adjectives and adverbs as you want. still doesn't change the fact that you really can't dispute that duke is legit the best out there.

Betting favorite doesn’t necessarily mean best team. Vegas knows people are idiots who listen to DSPN and they set lines to maximize bets

Betting favorite doesn’t necessarily mean best team. Vegas knows people are idiots who listen to DSPN and they set lines to maximize bets

i understand your sentiments, and generally would agree, but i think in this instance quantitative and qualitative are equal. duke is the best team both on paper and by the eye test. just ask kenpom and then examine the common sense within your brain.

If Duke doesn't live up to it's potential, it will go down in flames. It has already happened and i wouldn't be surprised to see it again.

Kansas should be #1. Maybe they haven’t been sharp, but they still are winning.
Duke, Virginia, Michigan then Gonzaga.

I think Michigan will soon fall. Seems like they are better at the underdog.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
If Duke doesn't live up to it's potential, it will go down in flames. It has already happened and i wouldn't be surprised to see it again.

so then you agree that they are champs or nothing at all. which, in a betting world, would mean they are heavy favorites. why are you arguing with me then?

Kansas should be #1. Maybe they haven’t been sharp, but they still are winning.
Duke, Virginia, Michigan then Gonzaga.

I think Michigan will soon fall. Seems like they are better at the underdog.
Is this kinda like keeping UK in the top ten for ole times sake?
Duke shouldn't be #2

so then you agree that they are champs or nothing at all. which, in a betting world, would mean they are heavy favorites. why are you arguing with me then?
Right now, they are nothing at all. Betting means shit, winning is the only thing that counts.I get the idea, you didn't actually go to Duke, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Right now, they are nothing at all. Betting means shit, winning is the only thing that counts.I get the idea, you didn't actually go to Duke, not that there is anything wrong with that.

right now they are heavy favorites and i have gotten you to subconsciously admit that...as hard as it is for you not to want to believe it. whether i went to duke or not is moot. i never claimed to go to duke. i am a davidson fan.

right now they are heavy favorites and i have gotten you to subconsciously admit that...as hard as it is for you not to want to believe it. whether i went to duke or not is moot. i never claimed to go to duke. i am a davidson fan.
I never denied that Duke had talent, but I have gotten you to admit they can be beat. Did you go to Davidson?

I never denied that Duke had talent, but I have gotten you to admit they can be beat. Did you go to Davidson?

you got me to admit they can be beat when they have already been beaten? that's earth shattering.

you got me to admit they can be beat when they have already been beaten? that's earth shattering.
Considering that your original premise was that no team could hang within 5 of them and now you have flipped, my work is done.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I understand what you're saying, but I just can't see KU being jumped for a 3rd time.

Can't see Gonzaga going from #1 to outside the top 5, especially since they lost to #7 (and beat Duke).

Gotta agree with both of these if I was doing the polls. I'd personally go:

1. Kansas
2. Michigan
3. Duke
4. Tennessee
5. Gonzaga

But.....Think the polls will be

1. Kansas
2. Duke
3. Virginia
4. Michigan
Followed by a real ? Do you keep Gonzaga in top 5 or move Tenn past? I say the latter happening for the polls.
5. Tennessee
6. Gonzaga
7. Auburn

Reactions: KisteK
Who exactly has duke beaten? Auburn their best win? I don’t understand why they would be above Tennessee or Gonzaga or Michigan or Virginia. Surely they can’t jump Kansas again? I’d have duke 6

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT