ADVERTISEMENT

The next top 5 will be interesting

Are you kidding me? Did you see them play UNC, Villanova, or Purdue? Those teams are ranked 15th, 24th, and 31st in the NCAA Net Rankings, respectively. UM won by an average of 21 points in those three games! They should be #1 in every poll in America. Are they beatable? Sure, but no one's resume is even close to Michigan's at this point.

And yes, Lamonte Turner is out. Big loss, no question. But Killian Tillie is a much bigger loss for the Zags. And Crandall was the only really reliable guard the Zags had off the bench.

Michigan and Kansas are undefeated, both teams have quality wins, too. Gonzaga defeated Duke (both with one loss). The only question would then be Tennessee or Duke. UT defeated the #1 team on a neutral court, albeit with a pro-Gonzaga crowd. They lost a close one in overtime to the current #1 team, Kansas. Merit-based, I suppose you could say anyone of the three teams between Tennessee, Gonzaga, or Duke. Splitting hairs, really. I think Duke has the most talent, however.
No question about Duke's talent. But, in the end it comes down to L's and W's.
Btw, I appreciate you mentioning the Gonzaga crowd at the neutral site. I hate when people make excuses (so n so was out or home advantage). I only brought up Turner as a counter to the Zags dl and I would not have mentioned the crowd now if you hand't already.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Don't be an idiot and we got a deal. My pick was Kansas #1.
re: Michigan, it is not hard to look great in a cupcake eating contest, cause cupcakes can't fight back.

Be honest.... how many Michigan games have you watched this year? If any, which ones?

Reactions: tw3301
Be honest.... how many Michigan games have you watched this year? If any, which ones?
ryan.jpg

Don't they all look the same, really?

ryan.jpg

You come off as someone who didn't watch Michigan play North Carolina, Villanova, or Purdue. Most people who watched those games came away very impressed with Michigan.

Since you didn't answer my question, I'm going to assume you haven't seen Michigan play.

You come off as someone who didn't watch Michigan play North Carolina, Villanova, or Purdue. Most people who watched those games came away very impressed with Michigan.

Since you didn't answer my question, I'm going to assume you haven't seen Michigan play.
I'm just messing with ya, hail. UM may be all that, but Duke, Kansas, Tenn and Gonzaga have all faced truer tests at this point.

Reactions: sgrooms
ryan.jpg

You're missing out, man. Fun team to watch. Suffocating defense, dynamite on the pick and roll. Wouldn't mind seeing Tennessee/Michigan in the Elite 8/Final Four this year.

You're missing out, man. Fun team to watch. Suffocating defense, dynamite on the pick and roll. Wouldn't mind seeing Tennessee/Michigan in the Elite 8/Final Four this year.
I just want to get into the final 4. Btw, I'm not a man.

Reactions: dukedevilz
@dukedevilz

As a team, Michigan is shooting better from three than last year. Not even I saw that coming.

They've been impressive, no doubt. Iggy/Poole/Livers can all stroke it. Brazdeikis might be the biggest surprise in all of college basketball; he's right up there with fellow freshman Canadian, Lugentz Dort. If the season ended today, he would certainly make one of the All-American teams.

@hailtoyourvictor I really wish UVA played Michigan in the ACC/B1G challenge instead of Maryland. I'd love to see how we match up with you guys. I think Michigan is the slightly better team but that game would have been really interesting. Some really interesting matchups.

@hailtoyourvictor I really wish UVA played Michigan in the ACC/B1G challenge instead of Maryland. I'd love to see how we match up with you guys. I think Michigan is the slightly better team but that game would have been really interesting. Some really interesting matchups.

For the first time in our Rivals posting career Michigan would have the higher rated defense and lower rated offense. Wtf?

Reactions: jhmossy
For the first time in our Rivals posting career Michigan would have the higher rated defense and lower rated offense. Wtf?

LOL pretty crazy. I'm not surprised UVA's D has taken a hit this year with the loss of Hall and Wilkins. I could see it taking an even bigger hit with Clark out indefinitely. Beilein was brilliant in hiring a defensive coordinator. I wish Bennett would do the same on the offensive side of the ball. We're efficient but rely too much on the jump shot. Would not surprise me to see another early exit this year. I really hope I'm wrong.

Don't be an idiot and we got a deal. My pick was Kansas #1.
re: Michigan, it is not hard to look great in a cupcake eating contest, cause cupcakes can't fight back.
you post this and call me an idiot? sounds legit.

you post this and call me an idiot? sounds legit.
I didn't call you an idiot, I just offered you a deal for me not to be a homer.

I was joking about the cupcakes and that can be proven by reading some of my previous posts in this thread.

However, there is no comparison between beating a #1 and a mid teen.

I didn't call you an idiot, I just offered you a deal for me not to be a homer.

I was joking about the cupcakes and that can be proven by reading some of my previous posts in this thread.

However, there is no comparison between beating a #1 and a mid teen.
I kinda forgot how unbearable Tennessee fans can be when they have a little success. Congrats on your win, it's obviously a big deal to you.

I kinda forgot how unbearable Tennessee fans can be when they have a little success. Congrats on your win, it's obviously a big deal to you.

I haven't forgotten how Duke fans can be.

Don't you wish everyone could be like UVA fans? We really are the best.

Reactions: sgrooms
ADVERTISEMENT