ADVERTISEMENT

*** Sweet Sixteen: Thursday games thread ***

Great game from Kansas State. Played really tough on both sides. K State or Loyola will be in the F4. Crazy.

It's not UVA vs UMBC, but man this is a pretty bad choke job by UK.

Had the easiest path to a Final Four ever.

Congrats K-State!
Pressure is real though. KSU barely scraped by UMBC because they were actually playing with pressure. Tonight nobody expected them to win, so of course their jump shots looked good.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Kansas State wasn't good, they were just less bad than us. That's all you have to do to win. PJ couldn't hit a free throw to save his life and it cost us. Oh well. I'll take an SEC Tournament win and a Sweet Sixteen in a bridge year as long as we get some guys back.

Good game K State and good luck going forward. PJ Washington played really hard and got a ton of rebounds but just couldn't hit his many many foul shots. Alexander was really bad in this game. And why on God's green earth would they ask one of the worst 3 pt. shooters on the team to take the last shot?

Kansas State wasn't good, they were just less bad than us. That's all you have to do to win. PJ couldn't hit a free throw to save his life and it cost us. Oh well. I'll take an SEC Tournament win and a Sweet Sixteen in a bridge year as long as we get some guys back.

That’s Kansas State though. They make you play bad. They muddy the game up and make you play their game. It’s their strategy and it’s tough to overcome.

Barry Brown has now shut down 3 straight dudes. SGA’s bad game was no fluke. Brown is a stud defender.

KSU just refused to back down. Both teams made some horrible mistakes down the stretch but the longer the underdog is allowed to hang around, you're playing with fire. Damn good win for KSU so congrats to Weber and his Wildcats for surviving & advancing.

Before the tournament started, I thought the ACC had a chance for three Teams (UNC Duke Virginia) in the Elite 8, just didn't think it could possibly be Clemson FSU and Syracuse.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
That’s Kansas State though. They make you play bad. They muddy the game up and make you play their game. It’s their strategy and it’s tough to overcome.

Barry Brown has now shut down 3 straight dudes. SGA’s bad game was no fluke. Brown is a stud defender.

And it still doesn't work if PJ Washington is better than abysmal at free throws tonight. I don't care about KSU's style. We are the better team with better players and it took our entire team looking at Loyola to get KSU the win, which is exactly what happened.

ADVERTISEMENT