ADVERTISEMENT

*** Sweet Sixteen: Thursday games thread ***

Said this in another thread, but I was feeling pretty good about K-State's D giving us a chance until this morning. Now I'm getting anxious. I just don't see how we have a prayer against Kentucky's size and athleticism. And at best, a tentative Dean Wade isn't going to be much help. Kentucky is playing their best basketball of the season right now. So are we, but their best certainly trumps ours. I guess our D could make it interesting for a while. But I don't think we keep it terribly close in the closing 10 minutes or so. Maybe I should just start drinking now.

Reactions: KDcats11 and tw3301
Said this in another thread, but I was feeling pretty good about K-State's D giving us a chance until this morning. Now I'm getting anxious. I just don't see how we have a prayer against Kentucky's size and athleticism. And at best, a tentative Dean Wade isn't going to be much help. Kentucky is playing their best basketball of the season right now. So are we, but their best certainly trumps ours. I guess our D could make it interesting for a while. But I don't think we keep it terribly close in the closing 10 minutes or so. Maybe I should just start drinking now.
You guys definitely have a chance. We've been hearing all week how easy of a road we have to the final four, and 18 and 19 year old kids are certainly more open to hearing that than more experienced players would be. That said, if we show up and play our best, I like us by 12 or so.

Figured this would be easier than having four separate game threads tonight. Lets hear some predictions from everyone

Winners tonight are:
Kentucky
Nevada
Michigan
Gonzaga

This is it, no real surprises tonight.

You guys definitely have a chance. We've been hearing all week how easy of a road we have to the final four, and 18 and 19 year old kids are certainly more open to hearing that than more experienced players would be. That said, if we show up and play our best, I like us by 12 or so.
I think your second chance points are gonna tear us up. That's at least going to be the stat that I think will show up at the end of the game. Put-backs. You're gonna kill us on the boards, destroy us actually. Now I suspect we'll win the turnover battle, we're good at turning a team over and you seem to be pretty good at giving the ball up and don't create turnovers yourselves. But it won't be enough. I think you're gonna tear us a new one with second chance points inside. We have been a terrible rebounding team all year against far less athletic teams with far less size then Kentucky. Ugh... where is the Jack

I think your second chance points are gonna tear us up. That's at least going to be the stat that I think will show up at the end of the game. Put-backs. You're gonna kill us on the boards, destroy us actually. Now I suspect we'll win the turnover battle, we're good at turning a team over and you seem to be pretty good at giving the ball up and don't create turnovers yourselves. But it won't be enough. I think you're gonna tear us a new one with second chance points inside. We have been a terrible rebounding team all year against far less athletic teams with far less size then Kentucky. Ugh... where is the Jack
I also think it will be a very pro Kentucky crowd. Catlanta as we call it ;) might as well dip in the bourbon since you're playing UK! Laughing

6_8231265.jpg

Zags and UK is what I need. Don't care about the other games. I'll probably pull for Loyola.

Reactions: JimboBBN
You guys are going to be real "surprised" then when Loyola-Chicago shows up tonight. They are dang good. I have them over Nevada because Nevada has gotten down huge twice and I just don't think that can continue if it were to happen again.

Wildcats
Loyola-Chicago
Michigan (Super tough call, very well could be A&M)
Gonzaga

You guys are going to be real "surprised" then when Loyola-Chicago shows up tonight. They are dang good. I have them over Nevada because Nevada has gotten down huge twice and I just don't think that can continue if it were to happen again.

Wildcats
Loyola-Chicago
Gonzaga

I would be surprised to see the Pack get down as big as they did against Texas and Cincinnati.

Wildcats
Loyola-Chicago
Gonzaga
I'm gonna hate myself for asking... but do you mind specifying which Wildcats? lol.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Bout time someone caught it :D and I think you know which choice is logical....however, my heart is going with the obvious ;)
Yep... I know Louisville is gonna be going hard for us.
At least you guys get it. People are like "You're not cheering for KU? But they're from Kansas. You really should cheer for the home state team"
This is my response.
rb2uKmh.gif
If you cheer for both.. you are a crappy fan and have no real allegiance for either.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Would rather play Kansas St. than Syracuse, UK by 20.

ADVERTISEMENT