ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Walton, National Treasure

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
Time to get another Bill Walton thread going. @WeAreDePaul reminded me yesterday about this national treasure. Please feel free to share some of the whacky/funny stuff he says during games.

2 Gems from last night:

"I watch every USC game. And as long as USC can keep scheduling Cal, they'll be fine."

"Shoot it! Come On!" Bill Said this after Arizona inbounded the ball, up by 47 points, with less than 2 seconds left. He really wanted Arizona to launch a 85-foot bomb with a second left when they were up by almost 50 😂 😂

Oh yeah and I discovered this gem from a few years back when Utah played Kentucky. This clip is WAY better than the two quotes I just posted.

Frank Caliendo was on the broadcast last night and did his best Bill Walton impression. Though, I don't think it's quite as good as the one he did on the Mike & Mike show a few years back.

Time to get another Bill Walton thread going. @WeAreDePaul reminded me yesterday about this national treasure. Please feel free to share some of the whacky/funny stuff he says during games.

2 Gems from last night:

"I watch every USC game. And as long as USC can keep scheduling Cal, they'll be fine."

"Shoot it! Come On!" Bill Said this after Arizona inbounded the ball, up by 47 points, with less than 2 seconds left. He really wanted Arizona to launch a 85-foot bomb with a second left when they were up by almost 50 😂 😂

Oh yeah and I discovered this gem from a few years back when Utah played Kentucky. This clip is WAY better than the two quotes I just posted.

I turned the game on right when Caliendo started his impressions.

It got very awkward quickly when the AZ player (Johnson I think) was on the floor hurt, and Caliendo and Walton were going back and forth trying to outdo one another.

Dave Pasch had to step in and basically tell them to hold off lol...to which Walton said something to the effect of "rub some salt on, he'll be fine..." lol

He sucks.
giphy.gif

2 Gems from last night:

I think he is a kook.

Reactions: Deepelm
Love Walton. He is the only announcer that will have me watch a game simply because he is on the call.

Absolutely! I was disappointed that the Arizona-CU game wasn't closer because I was really excited about the matchup. But I'm not about to turn it off and miss the Walton magic. It's a great time to do chores and simultaneously listen to the Walton and Pasch broadcast.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Said the squirrel-eating lady. :p
Yeah, go eat your bologna sandwich just try not to imagine what it's made of. If you're guessing it comes off the Bologna appendage of the animal, you're probably correct.

• Haha
Reactions: WeAreDePaul
In that one game he was talking about a player taking his team to the promised land filled with milk and honey. Don't remember which player or team it was but it was in the conference of champions. He always sounds like he's been puffing on a vape pen.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Here's the remainder of Bill Walton's TV Schedule. Hate that most of his games are on the Pac-12 Network, which DirecTV doesn't cover. Only 4 college basketball games left that will be featured on ESPN. Kind of sad. Hopefully we'll see more of him next season.

• Jan 13th ESPN – USC @Colorado
  • Jan 18th Pac-12 – WSU @Stanford
  • Jan 25th Pac-12 – AZ @OSU
  • Jan 27th ESPN – UCLA @USC
  • Mon 1/29 – “Throw it Down” Milwaukee vs. Denver, NBA App 9pm EST
  • Feb 1st ESPN – Oregon @USC
  • Feb 3rd Pac-12 – WSU @UW
  • Mon 2/5 – “Throw it Down” Dallas vs. Philadelphia, NBA App 7pm EST
  • Feb 7th Pac-12 – USC @Cal
  • Feb 10th Pac-12 – WSU @UO
  • Feb 24th Pac-12 – Utah @Colorado
  • Feb 28th Pac-12 – UA @ASU
  • Mar 2nd Pac-12 – UCLA @WSU 

• Mar 9th ESPN – Arizona @USC
  • Mon 3/11 – “Throw It Down” Phoenix vs. Cleveland, NBA App 730pm EST
  • March 13, 14, 15, Pac-12 Tourney, LV
  • Mon 3/25-“Throw it Down” Indiana vs. LA Clippers, NBA App 10:30 pm EST

Finally had time to watch the USC-Colorado game this morning. Here's one Bill Walton clip... and a few lines that I was able to transcribe from exchanges between him and Dave Pasch.

DP: I don't think I had ever seen Tristan da Silva smile until tonight, when he saw you dancing during warmups, doing your normal stretching routine and adding a little dancing to the band playing. He couldn't hold it in. He was dying laughing.
BW: He was jealous

DP: First time 4 top 5 teams lost to unranked opponents in the same week in AP Poll history.
BW: How come in some sports parity is a good thing, but when it comes to college basketball it's not?
DP: Who said it was not good?
BW: Your tone was just one of of despair, dismay, frustration, and unhappiness. We started the night with the negative 9 degrees outside - and me having a dream of you not being negative. And you have not gotten on the same page here today.

BW: Even the Buffalo, they know what the purpose of life is, beat USC.

Finally had time to watch the USC-Colorado game this morning. Here's one Bill Walton clip... and a few lines that I was able to transcribe from exchanges between him and Dave Pasch.

DP: I don't think I had ever seen Tristan da Silva smile until tonight, when he saw you dancing during warmups, doing your normal stretching routine and adding a little dancing to the band playing. He couldn't hold it in. He was dying laughing.
BW: He was jealous

DP: First time 4 top 5 teams lost to unranked opponents in the same week in AP Poll history.
BW: How come in some sports parity is a good thing, but when it comes to college basketball it's not?
DP: Who said it was not good?
BW: Your tone was just one of of despair, dismay, frustration, and unhappiness. We started the night with the negative 9 degrees outside - and me having a dream of you not being negative. And you have not gotten on the same page here today.

BW: Even the Buffalo, they know what the purpose of life is, beat USC.
The gift that keeps on giving!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT