ADVERTISEMENT

*** Sweet Sixteen: Thursday games thread ***

And it still doesn't work if PJ Washington is better than abysmal at free throws tonight. I don't care about KSU's style. We are the better team with better players and it took our entire team looking at Loyola to get KSU the win, which is exactly what happened.
In fairness VA, KSU was w/o their best player. And their 2nd best fouled out. I mean yeah IF PJ hits his freebies, UK probably wins. But what IF Dean is 100% healthy? He would've been a handful to defend.

In fairness VA, KSU was w/o their best player. And their 2nd best fouled out. I mean yeah IF PJ hits his freebies, UK probably wins. But what IF Dean is 100% healthy? He would've been a handful to defend.
Yeah you wonder how much K State would have maybe won by with Wade

I don't think John Calipari will want to play any teams from the state of Kansas for awhile. He lost to KU 3 straight times and now to KSU in a high stake game.

Reactions: npreston

This is a good defensive UK team and they didn't have a bad defensive game. They weren't making plays or converting free throws. Bad night. We are the better team but they were better when it mattered.

Reactions: LeroyOU12
Man, why has FSU been the late game every single time this March?! This wait is killing me. Oh well, seems to be working for us.

It's strange to me that FSU is basically being given zero chance. Matt Norlander on CBS said that Gonzaga/FSU is easily the "least compelling game of the entire regional semifinals" and expects Gonzaga to win big. Of course, Matt Norlander also said anyone picking FSU to win a game in the NCAAT is a fool...

Gonzaga winning by double digits is certainly possible, but folks are acting like it's a certainty. I look at FSU and see a team that can pressure Gonzaga's guards, get Williams and Tillie into foul trouble, and speed the game up to a pace that the Zags are uncomfortable with. Gonzaga averages 67 possessions per game, FSU over 71. If PJ Savoy and Braian Angola are hitting threes like they were last weekend (and early in ACC play), FSU might not only win, but win by 6+. But if FSU is off from three and can't speed Gonzaga up, I'd say Zags by 8-10.

Okay, prediction time:
Kentucky
Nevada
Texas A&M
FSU

I only got one game right, but it was the right one!!

Reactions: KisteK
Lots of FSU people on my Facebook all of a sudden lol. Good luck against Michigan!

We have the worst fans. Total bandwagon. Most folks on the football board have been arguing with me that we should fire Ham for most of this year.

Thanks. Have to figure Michigan cools off at least a little bit.

I was mad we didn’t go in and dunk it at the end to hit triple digits. Oh well

If Duke does win I think I have a great shot at winning the OOTB bracket contest. Of course, if UK and the Zags didn't suck tonight I wouldn't have needed it.
I had Gonzaga in the final four and UVA, stupid me. Still have WVU and Duke alive... For another day at least.

Is he blaming the loss on youth and inexperience?

He was kind of perturbed about that foul call on the FT. He was right as it was a terrible call. However, there were plenty of other calls that went their way as well. There was no reason to bitch about the officiating...unless you wanted to complain that they kept calling fouls that put Washington on the FT line, lol.

Gotta have thick skin to be a UK fan the winning is nice I’m sure but when you lose rookie come out of the woodwork to troll you

I'm cool with it. You don't get that treatment if you're a Florida State. And as a DC sports fan it's nice to have a program that's strong enough to get this reaction. Laughing

I had Gonzaga in the final four and UVA, stupid me. Still have WVU and Duke alive... For another day at least.

I had UK and Gonzaga. KU and 'Nova on the other side. If Duke wins tomorrow and KU beats them I think I win two of my money brackets. I thought tonight was my best chance though because if Gonzaga and UK win I more than likely win both anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT