ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Trivia

alright, can we skip this question? I got a good one.

There are 7 schools that have won 2 national championships. Can you name them?

giphy.gif

Only @dukedevilz could answer @jhmossy question so I'll go ahead and go.

@JimboBBN you could probably answer this one so here's your chance to win one.

5 sophomores have won the Naismith award since 2000. Name those 5 players.

Hint - All 5 also won the Wooden Award.

Reactions: jhmossy
Okay, so UVA beat Kansas in the Sweet 16 in 1995. I thought that was a big deal. I didn't get to watch it, because it was a late game. Just remember being shocked when my dad told me the next morning that UVA won.

I'll say...

TJ Ford
Andrew Bogut
Blake Griffin
Trey Burke
Obi Toppin

Hint #2 - None of their teams won the national championship that year

You know the answer, but you're not guessing?

Okay, so UVA beat Kansas in the Sweet 16 in 1995. I thought that was a big deal. I didn't get to watch it, because it was a late game. Just remember being shocked when my dad told me the next morning that UVA won.

I'll say...

TJ Ford
Andrew Bogut
Blake Griffin
Trey Burke
Obi Toppin

I was going to give @JimboBBN a chance. You got it right anyways lol.

Reactions: dukedevilz

I'll say...

TJ Ford
Andrew Bogut
Blake Griffin
Trey Burke
Obi Toppin

You're up.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Building off of @schoonerwest's question: Since 2000, name all of the Naismith winners who also won the national championship that year.

2009 - Hansbrough (Blake Griffin)
2012 - Davis
2018 - Brunson

2004 - Okafor (Jameer Nelson)
2000 - Cleaves? (Kenyon Martin)

The bolded and underlined answers are correct. The other 3 are wrong and I put the Naismith winner that year in parentheses. I will say that you have not gotten all of the correct answers yet.

The bolded and underlined answers are correct. The other 3 are wrong and I put the Naismith winner that year in parentheses. I will say that you have not gotten all of the correct answers yet.
Hmmm.

2001 - Battier?

The only other guy I could see it being is Juan Dixon in 2002 but I'm pretty sure Jay Williams won it that year.

Okay, so you guys don't like school specific questions when it comes to playing other teams. How about school specific players?

So here's the one I'm thinking of. Who is Stanford's All-Time leading scorer?

Okay, so you guys don't like school specific questions when it comes to playing other teams. How about school specific players?

So here's the one I'm thinking of. Who is Stanford's All-Time leading scorer?

Chasson Randle

BTW the answer to the UVA question that no one answered - Since 1995, UVA has only played THREE teams as the lower seed (lost them all #smh).

They were Iowa in 1997 (8/9 game), Florida in 2012 (7/10 game) and Florida in 2017 (4/5 game)

Mossy liked my post on the Virginia Tech question, so I assume that means I'm correct...

Before Denzel Valentine, who was the last AP National Player of the Year to lose in the 1st Round of the tournament?

Mossy liked my post on the Virginia Tech question, so I assume that means I'm correct...

Before Denzel Valentine, who was the last AP National Player of the Year to lose in the 1st Round of the tournament?

That's a really ****ing hard question. I don't think it's happened this century. Maybe not even in the 90s. I don't know my basketball that well before the 90s so if it happened in the 80s or earlier, I'm out.

Yeah, I don't know either. If it's before the mid 1990's then you could probably even tell me the year it happened and I'd still struggle to answer.

This is probably wrong but I'll go ahead and say Kenyon Martin with Cincinnati in 2000 (even though he wouldn't have played in the game).

That's a really ****ing hard question. I don't think it's happened this century. Maybe not even in the 90s. I don't know my basketball that well before the 90s so if it happened in the 80s or earlier, I'm out.

Yeah, I don't know either. If it's before the mid 1990's then you could probably even tell me the year it happened and I'd still struggle to answer.

This is probably wrong but I'll go ahead and say Kenyon Martin with Cincinnati in 2000 (even though he wouldn't have played in the game).

It happened in the 90's.

ADVERTISEMENT