ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Trivia

Because there's like 5 people in this tread that we regularly see. And @WeAreDePaul is one of them.

Time for a UVA question. When was the time UVA defeated a team in the NCAA Tournament with a higher seed? Looking more for the school they beat than the year.

I feel attacked

I know the answer but l’ll give someone else a shot

Reactions: dukedevilz
lol just having fun. If it makes you feel any better, Duke actually has a longer streak without taking down a higher seeded team.

wow that’s crazy. It is pretty hard when you’re a top 2 seed almost every year though.

Reactions: dukedevilz
What school was the first team to be a number 1 seed in the NCAA tournament three years in a row without winning a game?

That's why I always said that what UVA did wasn't nearly as bad as what my crap school did. Only reason it didn't get the same notoriety is because back then there were only 48 teams in the tournament so no 1 vs 16 matchup.

I could be mistaken, but I believe DePaul was the #1 overall seed at least 2 of those years.

Pathetic.

Reactions: jhmossy
That's why I always said that what UVA did wasn't nearly as bad as what my crap school did. Only reason it didn't get the same notoriety is because back then there were only 48 teams in the tournament so no 1 vs 16 matchup.

I could be mistaken, but I believe DePaul was the #1 overall seed at least 2 of those years.

Pathetic.

Not many good things unite UVA and Depaul

Not winning a tourney game as a 1-seed and Dave ****ing Leitao

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
lol hah. Good guesses.

The Most Outstanding Player of the Final Four that year would later file a major class action lawsuit against the NCAA because he wasn't compensated for having his likeness used in a video game. Hopefully that helps with the timeline at least.

Here's a decent question....But, pretty easy really.

What team was a 1 seed three years in a row, yet didn;t win a game in the NCAAT?

Like I said, pretty simple.

What school was the first team to be a number 1 seed in the NCAA tournament three years in a row without winning a game?

Here's a decent question....But, pretty easy really.

What team was a 1 seed three years in a row, yet didn;t win a game in the NCAAT?

Like I said, pretty simple.

giphy.gif

lol hah. Good guesses.

The Most Outstanding Player of the Final Four that year would later file a major class action lawsuit against the NCAA because he wasn't compensated for having his likeness used in a video game. Hopefully that helps with the timeline at least.
I had to look up the player but immediately knew the answer once I saw his name. So, I cheated.

No, no bruh...It doesn't involve UVA. #1 seed, three years in a row---that never won a game in the NCAA's..

But is the more of a "bringing up old scars"?

LOL no. You asked the exact same question I did.

Lets try this again.....

Name the coach who is credited with starting the ritual of "cutting down the nets"?

Note: Only after a WIN for those smartasses who wanna say Tom Crean...:D

What's going on? Aren't we still on @dukedevilz question?

Yup. And Since there isn't much traction with my question, I'll throw out another hint. Cory Alexander was on the team... and UVA took down a 1 seed.

Screw him....He gave me a 12 hour window, at ****in' 10pm a few nights ago..:D

Haha yeah. I don't really think about convenient times a whole lot. I'm online off and on throughout the day - and the night. I have a newborn baby, so watching the little one and being online is preferable to watching tv for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUfanBorden
So nobody knows the answer to the Virginia question?

I’ll give you guys a hint. They get upset ALOT in March.

I'll just answer it already. Kansas in 1995.

I'll do a spin-off of that question.

Since #4 UVA beat #1 KU in 1995, how many times has UVA been the worse seeded team in a tournament game and who were the opponents in those games?

Since #4 UVA beat #1 KU in 1995, how many times has UVA been the lower seeded team in a tournament game and who were the opponents in those games?

this one's getting a little too school specific. Remember every opponent a specific team faced in the past 25 years? I think this one is even worse than my mascot question. Next.

this one's getting a little too school specific. Remember every opponent a specific team faced in the past 25 years? I think this one is even worse than my mascot question. Next.

Well UVA hasn't made the tournament that often in the last 25 years and, when they have, they've rarely been a lower seeded team. Don't be a bitch and answer the question.

Since #4 UVA beat #1 KU in 1995, how many times has UVA been the worse seeded team in a tournament game and who were the opponents in those games?
Ralph Sampson
Chaminade
Sean Singletary
UMBC

Those are the only Virginia basketball answers I know.

Well UVA hasn't made the tournament that often in the last 25 years and, when they have, they've rarely been a lower seeded team. Don't be a bitch and answer the question.

I wouldn't even know where to begin with this question. Only recollection I have of UVA in the tournament is the last few years and 1984 when they beat DePaul with Olden Polyniece. Everything in between then is a blank.

alright, can we skip this question? I got a good one.

There are 7 schools that have won 2 national championships. Can you name them?

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
alright, can we skip this question? I got a good one.

There are 7 schools that have won 2 national championships. Can you name them?
Oklahoma State (A&M) - 1945 and 1946
San Francisco - 1955 and 1956
Cincinnati - 1961 and 1962 (?)
Louisville* - 1980 and 1986
Michigan State - 1979 and 2000
Florida - 2006 and 2007

Not sure why I’m drawing a blank on the last one.

Edit to add the years won.

Florida - 2006 and 2007

Yep, you're missing one. Good job on nailing Louisville who are now down to 2 after getting one taken away.

Florida - 2006 and 2007

I know NC State has 2 but not sure on the years.

ADVERTISEMENT