ADVERTISEMENT

Soooo... how about that corona virus...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just super bummed about these tournaments. The Masters is probably next. What’s after that, Derby? Louisville’s economy will take a big hit if that ends up happening.

Just super bummed about these tournaments. The Masters is probably next. What’s after that, Derby? Louisville’s economy will take a big hit if that ends up happening.
My old man has Masters tickets for second time in his 70-year life.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It's hard to find reliable information out of China right now but it sounds like they're doing much better in Wuhan. A recent Reuters report says that there were less than 10 new cases the other day, being the first time it's been single digit since December (really hard to believe anything reported though). They are beginning to open factories, offices are coming back online so it looks like the worst is past them.

I think what that means for the United States is we have to realistically think that everything major coming up over the next 2 months will likely be cancelled or postponed until a later date. This is just the beginning of it. Schools are going to close for 30+ days, major corporations are going to closes their offices, we may even see domestic travel become extremely limited. It'll essentially be a mass quarantine. It'll probably peak here in 2-3 weeks and then slowly get better. I would think we'd be in a much better situation by early May but at this point I would be kind of surprised if they didn't cancel the Derby.

It must be stated though that I'm a moron so TTFWIW.

I tagged you for a rundown on what went down with the Area 51 thing last year. I never read or heard anything about what happened.
Nothing happened I couldn’t arrange a swing down that way from Denver. I did however go to my first dispensary and smoke some killer bud.

Reactions: schoonerwest
It's hard to find reliable information out of China right now but it sounds like they're doing much better in Wuhan. A recent Reuters report says that there were less than 10 new cases the other day, being the first time it's been single digit since December (really hard to believe anything reported though). They are beginning to open factories, offices are coming back online so it looks like the worst is past them.

I think what that means for the United States is we have to realistically think that everything major coming up over the next 2 months will likely be cancelled or postponed until a later date. This is just the beginning of it. Schools are going to close for 30+ days, major corporations are going to closes their offices, we may even see domestic travel become extremely limited. It'll essentially be a mass quarantine. It'll probably peak here in 2-3 weeks and then slowly get better. I would think we'd be in a much better situation by early May but at this point I would be kind of surprised if they didn't cancel the Derby.

No I kind of agree. I was talking with my buddies about Derby and I would like to think that most people that can get it would have gotten it by then. And that we would also have some medicine for it. What bad timing though, right? Why couldn’t have this happened during baseball season instead. They play enough games to cancel some.

So, what constitutes a “healthy” person? I’m young, have no underlying medical conditions and I’m not fat, but I treat my body like shit.

Am I good?

I'm mid-30s but I'm pretty sure I have an autoimmune disorder. Starting to worry.

More concerned about my mom though.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
I went last time. The elevation of that place is crazy. TV does it no justice.

Yeah, that is what amazed me. The elevations were absurd. It is also crazy how high the pros hit everything until they are close to the green and then how low they hit it.

Reactions: 829305
I'm mid-30s but I'm pretty sure I have an autoimmune disorder. Starting to worry.

More concerned about my mom though.

I'm on Humira so if I get it I could be in some trouble. It doesn't make you more likely to get it though.

Yeah, that is what amazed me. The elevations were absurd. It is also crazy how high the pros hit everything until they are close to the green and then how low they hit it.
Yep. It’s also crazy how bad I realized I am at golf.

I believe South Korea is in the same boat... after CRAZY quarantining and shutting down, the rates are going down.

Italy, on the other hand, sounds like an absolute nightmare of old people dying in hospital hallways as doctors who haven't slept in a week and are sick themselves are trying to figure out who they can save and who they can't. If you are nervous about this stuff, do NOT read any stories out of Italy.

Fingers crossed that we have taken this seriously early enough and will have the health care services we need to care for our people.

I believe South Korea is in the same boat... after CRAZY quarantining and shutting down, the rates are going down.

Italy, on the other hand, sounds like an absolute nightmare of old people dying in hospital hallways as doctors who haven't slept in a week and are sick themselves are trying to figure out who they can save and who they can't. If you are nervous about this stuff, do NOT read any stories out of Italy.

Fingers crossed that we have taken this seriously early enough and will have the health care services we need to care for our people.

Sounds like battlefield triage in some places in Italy...the docs deciding who has the best chance to survive, etc.

Italy though, even as a first world country, still doesn't have close to the medical infrastructure and resources we have here.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I would kill to go just once in my life. My favorite course in the entire world

Augusta is awesome. You'll really understand the greens there that you can't depict on tv. Fairways are simple and wide, but the greens have some serious slopes and are usually quite fast. Its pretty surreal walking in from that particular area of Augusta the city onto the course.

Reactions: JimboBBN
So, what constitutes a “healthy” person? I’m young, have no underlying medical conditions and I’m not fat, but I treat my body like shit.

Am I good?
You should probably be fine unless you smoke. Then you'll be at a higher risk.

I think for most of us under 50 the people at a higher risk will be overweight people who eat a lot of sugar, processed foods and generally have bad diets. And smokers of course. Atleast that's what Michael Osterholm implied. We have a TON of people in this country who have very weak systems because of their diets and those are people who we will be hearing about in the next few weeks. The other countries may have had more smokers but they didn't necessarily have people as unhealthy as those here.

So unless you eat fast food and hamburger helper for 90% of your meals, smoke and are overweight you probably won't have a lot to worry about.

I think for most of us under 50 the people at a higher risk will be overweight people who eat a lot of sugar, processed foods and generally have bad diets. And smokers of course. Atleast that's what Michael Osterholm implied. We have a TON of people in this country who have very weak systems because of their diets and those are people who we will be hearing about in the next few weeks. The other countries may have had more smokers but they didn't necessarily have people as unhealthy as those here.

So unless you eat fast food and hamburger helper for 90% of your meals, smoke and are overweight you probably won't have a lot to worry about.
Oh shit.

Labeling the COVID-19 a flu was true but kind of trivializes it. It's a virus and we know very little about it. A virus can be deadly to our species. It also has the potential for genetic mutations affecting our DNA. Its because we don't know what the actual outcome from this virus can be, those in the fields are being proactive. We're usually a very reactive society, meaning most times we wait until some really bad happens.

We have young kids playing and they're getting scared. Our dumbass in charge stated last friday he didn't know people died from the flu. Its could be much more than just people dying. His discourse on down playing this virus was careless and misleading.

I'm disappointed as hell, but canceling/suspending is the right plan of action. I support it.

I actually went to the hospital, in a state that hasn't had one case recorded to date, were screening everyone entering the hospital.

Reactions: anon_65nwv98c2idwc
Haha. You'll still probably be ok. You'll be at a higher risk but it's not like it's a death sentence if you get it.

Probably something like you have a 25% higher chance of being hospitalized kind of stat. It sounds scary but for somebody your age it's still less than a 1% chance you have to be admitted to a hospital.

Again, not a doctor though.

I haven't eaten fast food at all in recent years and have a pretty clean diet. Don't smoke. Not overweight.

Although I did smoke years ago. And had a shitty diet.

Regardless, I've had autoimmunity issues and this shit worries me. More worried about my 70 yr old mom w/ cancer though.

Pretty sure my man Bilas put an end to the tournament today. Laying some serious smack down.

No way there's going to be a Derby this year. 150K ppl from all of the world...,yeah that's not going to happen on the first Saturday in May.

Ohio governor announces 3 week spring break starting Monday. My brother is anxious. He's a private school teacher and hopes he gets the break too.

Wow, it is getting serious in NJ. In the last thirty minutes we've gotten word of half a dozen school districts closing, including my hometown. Peoples phones are ringing with closings and cancellations of stuff. I expect the state to be largely done with public education and the like within a day or two for at least two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT